Just curious about creatine and age

Reaction score
i read that creatine doesnt work after age 40 why is that im 52 itried it last year and got nothing

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Creatine works by raising levels of ATP, which is the primary energy carrier in the human body. A 40-year old body doesn't suddenly stop using ATP and creatine should therefore still be effective.

That being said, the effects of creatine are pretty subtle, so you may have reached a point where you simply no longer notice the effect.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i read that creatine doesnt work after age 40 why is that im 52 itried it last year and got nothing

Was it monohydrate? Every other form is pretty much snake oil. You dosing correctly?

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I forget the brand, but I know one particular brand of creatine monohydrate worked really well from the 1996 up until they banned prohormones in supplements around 2004 or so. I took that with the Animal Pak vitamins, which were also alleged to contain prohormones.

In recent years, I tried Optimum's Creatine Monohydrate, and well, it felt as though I was literally pissing it away. I ended up with some out of range lab work that pointed towards kidney failure because of it, and ended up throwing the rest in the trash.

Reaction score
yeah its monohydrate i followed the doseage on the bottle like i did when i was younger it worked then ill try it again and see how it goes i might have done something wrong its been almost 10 years since i used it ive been away from the game for a long time cause of back problems and back surgery

Reaction score
thats the same result i had bloodwork said my level was to high and it was effecting my liver

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
maybe you are expecting too much from it?
maybe when u took it back in the day your body, health, diet and training were more on point
maybe placebo forst time.
like Today said it helps very subtle, minor, waste of money imo

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Works for me at 49, like it did many years back... I am not sure if creatine can tell our age by ingestion.
Tiny

FD is 9/10 in accurately guessing the age of the guys he’s blowing at the glory hole; by ingestion.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Busted at the Glory Hole......................how do you come back from that...Possible worse than blowing a tranny...!!!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
its one of the only supps that actually works..I dont think age matters to its effectiveness

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
After reading the thread title.. I though this was going in a different direction...