My New Plan

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Hey PD, glad to see you have a plan and that you're sticking to it...........and it doesn't include hopping on cycle right out of the gate.

Concur and approve, now make it happen!

On it, brother. Thank you.

Watch out for too much protein knocking you out of ketosis. Your body will use the excess and convert it to glucose through gluconeogenesis. A ketogenic diet is low/no carbs, low/mod protein, and high fats.

You could probably get away with eating a few carbs immediately post workout, and still stay in ketosis. Your muscles and liver will use them right up.

I didn't know too much protein was even a thing lol... I was previously trying to jam in as many calories as possible with not just fats and oils but multiple servings of meats. Noted... thank you.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Day 5 was just filled with cardio. 20 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes HIIT, and maybe 8 minutes on the stair climber. My entire body was too sore to go back and hit Any muscle group, but I'm planning on chest and forearms tomorrow.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Chest and forearms? Why

Day 5 was just filled with cardio. 20 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes HIIT, and maybe 8 minutes on the stair climber. My entire body was too sore to go back and hit Any muscle group, but I'm planning on chest and forearms tomorrow.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Chest and forearms? Why

lol because I forgot to hit forearms this week and they're the gnarliest part of my arms.. always have been. I used to workout forearms 3x weekly just because they started to look so good when I crossed my arms and pumped them up. Why put them together? Idk tbh

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Do chest, shoulders and triceps instead don’t waste your workout. Or just chest and tris

lol because I forgot to hit forearms this week and they're the gnarliest part of my arms.. always have been. I used to workout forearms 3x weekly just because they started to look so good when I crossed my arms and pumped them up. Why put them together? Idk tbh

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Do chest, shoulders and triceps instead don’t waste your workout. Or just chest and tris

If I'm only hitting forearms onceish per week, what should I pair them with? I could just hit them stupid hard on leg day lol

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
End of arms I guess, I don’t do forearms only dome wrist curls once. My arms don’t need much to grow it’s the rest of me that needs the hammer

If I'm only hitting forearms onceish per week, what should I pair them with? I could just hit them stupid hard on leg day lol

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
End of arms I guess, I don’t do forearms only dome wrist curls once. My arms don’t need much to grow it’s the rest of me that needs the hammer

Yeah your arms are yuuge man... I just love my wrist curls lol. Used to rep 70lbs for 60, but Only underhand. Got the top part of my forearms looking fukking stoopid bro. Go get a set of wrist curls in and try to touch your shoulders lmao

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Think gibs mentioned it somewhere the other day, reverse grip barbell curls hammer forearms I usually superset these with normal curls after pull day and my forearms pump like mad

Yeah your arms are yuuge man... I just love my wrist curls lol. Used to rep 70lbs for 60, but Only underhand. Got the top part of my forearms looking fukking stoopid bro. Go get a set of wrist curls in and try to touch your shoulders lmao

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Think gibs mentioned it somewhere the other day, reverse grip barbell curls hammer forearms I usually superset these with normal curls after pull day and my forearms pump like mad

Never tried that... will give it a shot for sho.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Ever tried a cut off broomstick, rope hanging from it attached to a weight at the bottom, arms straight out in front of you, roll the weight up and back down?

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Ever tried a cut off broomstick, rope hanging from it attached to a weight at the bottom, arms straight out in front of you, roll the weight up and back down?

No, Macgyver, I can't say that I have.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Shoot by the time you get to the end of the rope with a 25lb plate you won't be able to differentiate your sweat from your tears...

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hulk would be proud.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
How big r cj’s arms??

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It's good, because depending upon which direction you start turning the handle, you can hit both inner and outer forearms.

Lower it slowly, it burns like a bastard.

New Threads