My New Plan

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Yup. Pick the day of the week that you’re most likely to weigh the least, and do it when you wake up after using the bathroom, before eating, naked.

Its really just a mental boost, so use it to your advantage. I gain/lose 10lbs a day almost. Depending on how much water you’re holding at a particular time, what you are the day before, etc the scale will bounce daily. Just do it once a week and save yourself from freaking out over a pound increase.

I'll do that. Yeah my weight fluctuates too throughout the day too but usually only about 5lbs give or take. Noted, because I do freak out about weight increase lol... I usually weigh myself probably 5 times a day because of my nerves, but I'll try to limit myself to once a week like you say.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'll say the opposite. Weigh yourself every morning, after going to the bathroom. Take the 7 weigh-ins and average it out. That's your weight for the week. It'll smooth out any weird day to day weight fluctuations, which as you know, can be several pounds different in a day.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
I'll say the opposite. Weigh yourself every morning, after going to the bathroom. Take the 7 weigh-ins and average it out. That's your weight for the week. It'll smooth out any weird day to day weight fluctuations, which as you know, can be several pounds different in a day.

Now I'm conflicted lol

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Imagine if you had 6 good weigh-ins In a week, but 1 bad one. Now what if that 1 bad one happened to be the only time you weighed yourself for the week. You might make an unnecessary change, or just be bummed out.

Works in reverse too, 6 bad and only 1 good. You think you're OK iif you only saw the good one.

Just don't worry about day to day differences, they're meaningless on their own. They're just single data points, you're looking for trend over time.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Imagine if you had 6 good weigh-ins In a week, but 1 bad one. Now what if that 1 bad one happened to be the only time you weighed yourself for the week. You might make an unnecessary change, or just be bummed out.

Works in reverse too, 6 bad and only 1 good. You think you're OK iif you only saw the good one.

Just don't worry about day to day differences, they're meaningless on their own. They're just single data points, you're looking for trend over time.

Okay so weigh every morning but only track and/or worry about my results on a weekly/bi-weekly basis?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
View attachment 8462

I weigh myself almost daily. This is over 2 years worth of data points, since I've switched scales. See how you can see trends?

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
View attachment 8462

I weigh myself almost daily. This is over 2 years worth of data points, since I've switched scales. See how you can see trends?

I do. I was just hoping keto would be an almost straight-shot down... I keep looking for miracles, I think I should start praying. Lol

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I do. I was just hoping keto would be an almost straight-shot down... I keep looking for miracles, I think I should start praying. Lol

If you're being consistent, the fluctuations are just water weight.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
If you're being consistent, the fluctuations are just water weight.

That explains why I feel bloated today. Though I also thought keto was a waterweight destroyer. I guess fluctuations are still possible. I'll keep you posted

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
But look again at my first pic. I have a 3 lb jump in there one day too, and it's gone the day after. It happens.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
But look again at my first pic. I have a 3 lb jump in there one day too, and it's gone the day after. It happens.

I'll try not to stress myself as much over the day to day operations of my body. I am being very consistent with my diet and exercise regimen so my goals will only get closer, with fluctuations included.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I would argue don’t weigh yourself... instead buy a belt that fits exactly on the last hole. As you recomp, it’ll gradually tighten notch by notch. Then way yourself after you’ve dropped a couple notches... very motivating IME... and you don’t worry so much daily.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
I would argue don’t weigh yourself... instead buy a belt that fits exactly on the last hole. As you recomp, it’ll gradually tighten notch by notch. Then way yourself after you’ve dropped a couple notches... very motivating IME... and you don’t worry so much daily.

Why don't I get a belt that fits fine and try to get to the unused notches :p

I'll do that for sure though, I've been needing to do some clothes shopping anyways.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I don't use any apps and I weight myself every day. I use a notebook and pen. What I weight Tuesday doesn't tell me much but the changes over the last eight Tuesday tells me what is and is not working. It's also nice because I have my workout, weight, macros all on one page. Makes for a complete picture.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
I don't use any apps and I weight myself every day. I use a notebook and pen. What I weight Tuesday doesn't tell me much but the changes over the last eight Tuesday tells me what is and is not working. It's also nice because I have my workout, weight, macros all on one page. Makes for a complete picture.

That would work perfectly too. I'm a new-ager so I like the convenience of an app. Not that it's more convenient than a pen and paper, I just like always having it in my pocket.

Man I can't wait for 8 Tuesdays from now. Hopefully I'll be nearing 200.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That would work perfectly too. I'm a new-ager so I like the convenience of an app. Not that it's more convenient than a pen and paper, I just like always having it in my pocket.

Man I can't wait for 8 Tuesdays from now. Hopefully I'll be nearing 200.
Nothing wrong with this.

I may have missed it, but have you invested in a food scale?

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with this.

I may have missed it, but have you invested in a food scale?

I havent, no, but I should. Usually it's just mass servings of meat and fat lol, I give myself ranges for calories. Like this meal was probably 600-750 calories.

i weighed in again this morning, went up Another pound and a half, but I think my fat is still going away. Given my time away from the gym is there any chance that I'm putting on a little bit of muscle even though I'm in a caloric deficit?

New Threads