Looking to increase bench while maintaining weight

Reaction score
I know the guy you’re talking about. He is impressive indeed.

Usually I try not to compare myself to others: we all have different genetics and leverages. But I’m on board to see you get there.
we all wanna see each other win! I know I usually don't compare myself to others but when I started to go up in bench and stayed around 165 most of the time i felt like it might be possible to get there. I know genetics plays a big role in it as well.

Reaction score
It’s tough to completely critique someone’s technique with this small amount of video, but I can tell you by coming down a touch lower on you chest then driving up and slightly in the direction of your head, while driving your feet through the ground( your legs should be a huge driving force on this lift) and while you drive up you’ll have just a slight turn of the wrists back as the whole motion up and towards your head all the while driving through those legs. I was competing at the world bench press competition when I saw a dude named Alajon Morris bench 465 at 164 lbs. this was an ADFPA meet( American drug free powerlifting assoc.) which he later failed the urine test we all had to take, but I don’t care, that’s a huge lift at that weight!! Lol good luck on your quest.
damn 465 at 164 is actually insane! im sure the gear helped but that's still realy impressive! As for that technique is it for 1 rms solely or should i implement it into all my benching? I injured my shoulder a little bit after hitting 345 and while that caused a hige hinderence in progress (literally it would hurt to even do 135 ive slowly built back up to 225 for reps and think I could probably hit 330ish again now if I tried. One thing ive noticed is it less strenuous on my shoulder on the way up to touch the bar a little higher on my chest

Reaction score
Not sure that this is the same guy on the Youtube video. If so, impressive indeed.

As far as benching 405 at a body weight of 150lbs, that is a big goal, especially at a lean 150lbs. 345lbs at a bodywight of 150 is impressive enough.

Good Luck
it me lol. Btw 345 wasnt at 150lbs I was probably around 165 at the time. do you guys watch greg doucetee? Ltely hes been posting a lot about how its easily possible to get stronger while even eating at a deficit, even anturally so long as you really focus on that protein

Reaction score
Impressive transformation but being 140lbs does take away from it a bit.
the bench you seek at that bodyweight if possible will take a long time, 225x9 comes nowhere near translating to 405.
there is a guy at my gym thats 5'3, around 165lbs that benches 430 but he isnt natty, and he benches 3 times/week, also his other lifts are not impressive, but benching is his thing so I get it. Also he isn't shredded but does stay lean.
Good luck and welcome
thank you! ya i know itll take nothing short of like 1.5 years at least lol probably even more. I also hit bench every other day almost and my other lifts are actually embarrassing but bench is also kinda my obsession.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I want to punch my iPad when he speaks, most annoying voice ever

it me lol. Btw 345 wasnt at 150lbs I was probably around 165 at the time. do you guys watch greg doucetee? Ltely hes been posting a lot about how its easily possible to get stronger while even eating at a deficit, even anturally so long as you really focus on that protein

Long

Elite
Reaction score
What did you eat on the 20,000 calories day? :32 (6):

He did the fast food crawl. It's like the pub crawl except you wish you could forget instead of wishing you could remember.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
I mean theres cheesecake at cheesecake factory that's like 2,000 cals.

Reaction score
I mean theres cheesecake at cheesecake factory that's like 2,000 cals.
not gonna lie 1 of the days i had half a slice of one that was like 2000 per slice so yes partially.

Reaction score
not even. I have a crazy sweet tooth so bagels cookies ice cream, brownies, i lost all self control that i thought I had developed during the cut. it was demoralizing, and def not worth it

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I think to be as light as you want, and to hit those numbers on the bench press (natty) you will have to make some sacrifices.

You will probably as I think Gibson touched on have to gear your entire workout plan around the bench press. Back work, tricep work all geared at improving the bench press.

I would imagine you will need to lose some muscle in some places so you can add in those places where it will be beneficial to your bench.

Personally I don't bench much, but I could do my max with my feet in the air, I bench like a bodybuilder and don't actually touch my chest with the bar.

I was watching a couple of videos trying to increase my bench, Metal actually helped me with a program, and they touched on partial reps at different stages of the bench and doing rollovers for the triceps.

Last edited:

New Threads