What's Your Project Car?

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Old project vehicle was sold last year (98 TJ with all the fixin's) - I'm currently on the lookout for a late 60s-70's Chevy C10, C20 or F100 to build a street truck. Would prefer a short-bed C10 with a factory 454 but we will see...

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There's a guy around here who owns a military surplus location and has probably 50 Rivieras on hand in varying conditions... I can try to find his number if you want.

LS's are for everything lol but hey if you can fit it, run it.

The 3.6 is a very reliable motor, too. I have No idea how it would handle more power though without like you said, changing the trans at least. Isn't the Avenger FWD?

Hell yea man, shoot me his number if you can get it and are not too far from Florida. As for the Avenger, yes it is a fwd, unfortunately. Although they did come out with an awd model for 2 years, so i was going to look into changing it over.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I have a second gen dodge 1500 with a 318 magnum that's had a few things done to it. It's my offroad, winter toy this year. Still getting it dialed in.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
I have a second gen dodge 1500 with a 318 magnum that's had a few things done to it. It's my offroad, winter toy this year. Still getting it dialed in.

Small block LA's are some of the best engines that came in anything ever.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Picked up the Eunos Roadster yesterday morning from Staten Island NY and I got back in to Atlanta a few hours ago. She only has 73k miles and runs like a f*cking champ. Gonna pull a couple dents and fill some drilled holes from a spoiler that is no longer on the car before I prep it for paint. More details to come, but here are some pix
f71104670c794b3fbdbc3c774171ab97.jpg
123e97c800d3a760b84d1a4b52b678c7.jpg

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Update on the Eunos Roadster : still running like a champ. Got her painted in cheap single stage paint like a P-40 Warhawk (WW2 Flying Tigers paint and decals). Now time for a cheap turbo, manifold, piping, lines and expensive fuel and engine management softwares. The car has been totally gutted including the heavy soft top (hardtop gang ayyy) so it weighs just a little over 2200 lbs with me in it. That with about 300-350 horsepower should be a Stupid fast car. Plus I've got a factory upgraded diff with a 4.30 gear ratio so burnouts and drifts are a breeze already.

Loving this build so far, bodywork came out great and the paint turned out how it was supposed to. Here are some pics of what I've done in the past couple weeks
b06f980e43310e04180a33cbfcdd9897.jpg
2f83349ad45550d668b1e36c8a030fdc.jpg

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
My 72 Vette. As you can see I have owned it forever!

Also my late model asphalt stock car. Man do I miss that ride!

MTUB

That's a good post right there! Really interesting. I plan on keeping my projects indefinitely as well lol, they said I'd grow out of my love for them but I don't see any withering yet. I used to chief my brother's Bandoleros team at the Atlanta Motor Speedway when we were real young, that's like miniature stock car racing. That's really cool though man thanks for sharing

Reaction score
That's a good post right there! Really interesting. I plan on keeping my projects indefinitely as well lol, they said I'd grow out of my love for them but I don't see any withering yet. I used to chief my brother's Bandoleros team at the Atlanta Motor Speedway when we were real young, that's like miniature stock car racing. That's really cool though man thanks for sharing

Your welcome and thank you Poyne Dexter. Happy to share.

Being Crewchief for your brothers Bandoleros at AMS is really COOL! I'll bet you know your stuff! Getting a chassis to ride on rails on a 3/8 or 1/2 mile FLAT asphalt track can be a challenge as you know. I could have used your expertise a time or two in the past for sure!

Again, GREAT thread!

MUTB

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 77 280z for $400. ****ing steal considering it's the entire car, not just a shell. Wanted a 73 240 but I'm couldn't turn this down. Needs some new panels and prob a complete engine/trans repair but I havent looked inside.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Nice pick up Rise.

What happened to OP?

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Nice pick up Rise.

What happened to OP?

I have been focusing on beginning the developments of technologies that could forever advance the human race as a whole. I have already received a verbal endorsement from Tomi Lahren of Fox News.

I have just been busy, brother.

Reactions: Jin

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I imagine a few of you have some pretty cool rides, so I thought I'd give you a place to share your build. Currently I have a 2005 BMW E46 M3(my first car) on airride and some other things. Currently have about 10k in parts waiting for me to install (rocket bunny widebody kit, AG wheels, BCL wang) but that'll probably take me a few months. I also have a 1964 Impala and I'm flying to New York on Tuesday to pick up a 1992 Eunos Roadster (Japanese mazda miata) ((steering wheel is on the wrong side lol)) I'll post pics of that in here when I get up there and as I make progress with the build.

Whatcha got, pretty boys?

Damn! I was coming in here to post my bike and lament that I don't have my project car in my garage yet, only to find out it's in yours! Good news is, I just bought a house with hella space and an E46 M3 will be mine soon.

Is yours a wrap? I've always wanted either Oxford Green or Imola Red with some bronze wheels!

Shit almost forgot about my bike haha. It's a 2011 Husaberg FS570. Sweet lil' factory supermoto. I'll post pics and some mods I've done tomorrow.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Double post! I'll hold it for pics tomorrow.

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 megacab Cummins with the blacked out package.

current mods
-Full delete, running proven tunes w/5 stage SOTF switch
-2”BDS level
-Black and red Fuel rage wheels at a -18 offset wrapped in 35x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers
-CP3 conversion
-Getting my Fass fuel pump on Monday
-some small cosmetic stuff like red tow hooks and running boards, blacked out exhaust and tip

Currently running around 550hp, but after the FASS is on my tuner will up my tunes since I’ll have more clean fuel. Hope to end up around 600hp after the new tune.

I have endless future plans like a carli lift, bumpers, transmission and much more.

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 megacab Cummins with the blacked out package.

current mods
-Full delete, running proven tunes w/5 stage SOTF switch
-2”BDS level
-Black and red Fuel rage wheels at a -18 offset wrapped in 35x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers
-CP3 conversion
-Getting my Fass fuel pump on Monday
-some small cosmetic stuff like red tow hooks and running boards, blacked out exhaust and tip

Currently running around 550hp, but after the FASS is on my tuner will up my tunes since I’ll have more clean fuel. Hope to end up around 600hp after the new tune.

I have endless future plans like a carli lift, bumpers, transmission and much more.

I just realized this was an older thread.

Attachments

• 9A2AA902-3DBA-4707-B4E3-D1BF092A4F24.jpg
    9A2AA902-3DBA-4707-B4E3-D1BF092A4F24.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1

New Threads