What's Your Project Car?

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
I imagine a few of you have some pretty cool rides, so I thought I'd give you a place to share your build. Currently I have a 2005 BMW E46 M3(my first car) on airride and some other things. Currently have about 10k in parts waiting for me to install (rocket bunny widebody kit, AG wheels, BCL wang) but that'll probably take me a few months. I also have a 1964 Impala and I'm flying to New York on Tuesday to pick up a 1992 Eunos Roadster (Japanese mazda miata) ((steering wheel is on the wrong side lol)) I'll post pics of that in here when I get up there and as I make progress with the build.

Whatcha got, pretty boys?

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Here's my M3 from day 1 to semi-current days

c95381452633e4a48c85bcbf9c00b1e2.jpg

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
2001 ford winstar currently trying to find someone to tilt the motor back to change tge spark plugs,
2000 silverado , paid 1000 buck for it, looking to put a plow on it for the massive snowfall well prob get... yeah big balla style.

Attachments

• 20190907_190333.jpg
    20190907_190333.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
2001 ford winstar currently trying to find someone to tilt the motor back to change tge spark plugs,
2000 silverado , paid 1000 buck for it, looking to put a plow on it for the massive snowfall well prob get... yeah big balla style.

Can't beat that for 1000 doll hairs. Yeah vans are notoriously bad about actual maintenance considering how recessed into the vehicle the engines have to be. Luckily in my 94 G20 the whole engine basically is in the passenger compartment, you just take the engine cover off and there she is.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I'd love to make my 2019 WRX my project car, but the funds aren't there at the moment. :(

I'd like to do built bottom, turbo swap, catless j pipe, single exit exhaust, and STI transmission. One of my friends asked me why I didn't just get an STI and my answer was, because it is still running essentially the same motor since its arrival in 2004. The FA20DIT allegedly fixed some of the issues that the EJ motor was prone to having.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I'd love to make my 2019 WRX my project car, but the funds aren't there at the moment. :(

I'd like to do built bottom, turbo swap, catless j pipe, single exit exhaust, and STI transmission. One of my friends asked me why I didn't just get an STI and my answer was, because it is still running essentially the same motor since its arrival in 2004. The FA20DIT allegedly fixed some of the issues that the EJ motor was prone to having.

Love Subarus! Just got my first proper turbo Subaru after owning a few N/A versions. Very reliable, fast, comfortable, good value; it does it all

Long

Elite
Reaction score

Cheap 4wd trucks are fun as hell. Black hole for cash though.

Reaction score
1981 Coupe deville-2 pumps, 6 batteries, 13” 100 spokes. Think 90s lowrider, hoping to wrap it up this winter.

1998 Tahoe (Honky Lips)-9” lift, 37’s on 20” gear big blocks, just fabbed a dual exhaust for it

2001 S10/Sonoma-extended cab, currently bagged. Was on 20’s but I hate that shit. Picked this up recently, plans are to build it like I would of back in my teens when I got into minitruckin. I hate bags so it’ll be on hydraulics, 4 link, body dropped to the rockers. Simple body mods, 90s vintage wheels (Niche runners or neeper synchros would be perfect).

1995 Road king-put it up for sale but may keep it. Currently 18” apes, air ride in the rear, 21” spoke front. If it stays I’ll redo it with dual fish tails exhaust, 20” apes, and fresh paint.

2018 Road glide-been slowly making some changes, bought it new. 16” apes, new seat, slip ons. I’ll lower the rear a few inches this winter and “may” spray some patterns on it.

1972 Chevelle-been on the back burner a while. Not likely to get to it this winter but maybe. I drag raced this car for 15 years, pulled it in the shop to redo and haven’t gotten to it. Maybe soon.

I guess that’s it for now. Seems like a lot of shit but you likely have more in your BMW than I do in all my shit put together!

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
2018 Ram sport
will be doing the following

charger suspension (match shocks &springs ) as close as possible
upgrade to 1.5" sway bars

still trying to figure out the springs without losing the comfort,or stick in the corners

Carven exhaust
AFE MAX air coldair intake
Throttle Commander ( changes the drive by wire signal for full pedal no resistance)

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score

That's still an awesome ride, family. I'd have to save up the funds for like 3 transmissions because if I owned a WRX or especially an STI I'd be launching that thing on the daily

1981 Coupe deville-2 pumps, 6 batteries, 13” 100 spokes. Think 90s lowrider, hoping to wrap it up this winter.

1998 Tahoe (Honky Lips)-9” lift, 37’s on 20” gear big blocks, just fabbed a dual exhaust for it

2001 S10/Sonoma-extended cab, currently bagged. Was on 20’s but I hate that shit. Picked this up recently, plans are to build it like I would of back in my teens when I got into minitruckin. I hate bags so it’ll be on hydraulics, 4 link, body dropped to the rockers. Simple body mods, 90s vintage wheels (Niche runners or neeper synchros would be perfect).

1995 Road king-put it up for sale but may keep it. Currently 18” apes, air ride in the rear, 21” spoke front. If it stays I’ll redo it with dual fish tails exhaust, 20” apes, and fresh paint.

2018 Road glide-been slowly making some changes, bought it new. 16” apes, new seat, slip ons. I’ll lower the rear a few inches this winter and “may” spray some patterns on it.

1972 Chevelle-been on the back burner a while. Not likely to get to it this winter but maybe. I drag raced this car for 15 years, pulled it in the shop to redo and haven’t gotten to it. Maybe soon.

I guess that’s it for now. Seems like a lot of shit but you likely have more in your BMW than I do in all my shit put together!

This whole response is awesome. I like All That Sh*t.

2018 Ram sport
will be doing the following

charger suspension (match shocks &springs ) as close as possible
upgrade to 1.5" sway bars

still trying to figure out the springs without losing the comfort,or stick in the corners

Carven exhaust
AFE MAX air coldair intake
Throttle Commander ( changes the drive by wire signal for full pedal no resistance)

Ooo big money. I think you have us all beat so far price wise.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. Doing an engine/trans and cradle swap right now. The 88 Fiero had a much better cradle and suspension, so im attaching a supercharged 3800 out of a grand prix GTP to it. Got larger rocker arms, wider powerlogs, 180 deg sensor, smaller SC pulley, poly urethane mounts for the cradle, KYB suspension, and cuatom magnaflow exhaust as of now. Poynce, the rims you have on your BMW are the same exact style im getting for my fiero, just in gold with a chrome lip. 18×8.5 in the front and 18x 10.5 in the back once i get the wide body kit for the rear. When all is said and done hoping this girl puts out about 325 whp.

Second project is my 2014 Dodge Avenger. Unfortunately theres limited accessories you can add to it, but this is my daily driver. Looking to get new rims, megan racing suspension, tune, performance coil packs, open intake, ported manifold, flowmaster super 10 exhaust, resonator delete kit and larger throttle body.

Currently looking for a 71 Riviera or late 70's Datsun 240z.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wheres Toolsteel???? I wanna see this Saturn in the thread i started a bit ago.

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. Doing an engine/trans and cradle swap right now. The 88 Fiero had a much better cradle and suspension, so im attaching a supercharged 3800 out of a grand prix GTP to it. Got larger rocker arms, wider powerlogs, 180 deg sensor, smaller SC pulley, poly urethane mounts for the cradle, KYB suspension, and cuatom magnaflow exhaust as of now. Poynce, the rims you have on your BMW are the same exact style im getting for my fiero, just in gold with a chrome lip. 18×8.5 in the front and 18x 10.5 in the back once i get the wide body kit for the rear. When all is said and done hoping this girl puts out about 325 whp.

Second project is my 2014 Dodge Avenger. Unfortunately theres limited accessories you can add to it, but this is my daily driver. Looking to get new rims, megan racing suspension, tune, performance coil packs, open intake, ported manifold, flowmaster super 10 exhaust, resonator delete kit and larger throttle body.

Currently looking for a 71 Riviera or late 70's Datsun 240z.

300+ horsepower in a Fiero would be f*cking Ridiculous LOL holy crap.

The Dodge Avenger can be a pretty good looking car idc what anyone says.

Good luck finding a Riviera or 240z that isn't $30000 or a complete rust bucket. I mean that in the nicest way

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
300+ horsepower in a Fiero would be f*cking Ridiculous LOL holy crap.

The Dodge Avenger can be a pretty good looking car idc what anyone says.

Good luck finding a Riviera or 240z that isn't $30000 or a complete rust bucket. I mean that in the nicest way

Def looking for a resto. Theres a 280z BEAUTY here in Orlando for sale, but like you said they want 25k for it. I saw a 73 rivi that needed alot of work but they only wanted 2k for it. Shoulda pulled the trigger.

Theres some guys out there that have around 600 to fieros. Not exactly whp, but they have North Star v8's or LS1 engines in there. Some really fast 3800 engines in Fieros but the powerlogs i have onky handle around 350hp. Id have to get headers to create more power, which means id have to cut the trunk to make room, which im not about.

The engine in the Avenger is the 3.6 v6 thats in the Cherokee, charger, 300, challenger, etc. Puts out about 285 with no mods, the trans is what limits the amount of power you can add.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
If i was raking in my former consulting money, I'd probably look for a MR2 coupe or even LS swap a G35 coupe to have as a dedicated project car during my down time. While I am still slated to change jobs soon, I'll have money but no time. :(

Long

Elite
Reaction score

I'd like to see that chevelle!

Poyne Dexter

Reaction score
Def looking for a resto. Theres a 280z BEAUTY here in Orlando for sale, but like you said they want 25k for it. I saw a 73 rivi that needed alot of work but they only wanted 2k for it. Shoulda pulled the trigger.

Theres some guys out there that have around 600 to fieros. Not exactly whp, but they have North Star v8's or LS1 engines in there. Some really fast 3800 engines in Fieros but the powerlogs i have onky handle around 350hp. Id have to get headers to create more power, which means id have to cut the trunk to make room, which im not about.

The engine in the Avenger is the 3.6 v6 thats in the Cherokee, charger, 300, challenger, etc. Puts out about 285 with no mods, the trans is what limits the amount of power you can add.

There's a guy around here who owns a military surplus location and has probably 50 Rivieras on hand in varying conditions... I can try to find his number if you want.

LS's are for everything lol but hey if you can fit it, run it.

The 3.6 is a very reliable motor, too. I have No idea how it would handle more power though without like you said, changing the trans at least. Isn't the Avenger FWD?

If i was raking in my former consulting money, I'd probably look for a MR2 coupe or even LS swap a G35 coupe to have as a dedicated project car during my down time. While I am still slated to change jobs soon, I'll have money but no time. :(

Either of those would be sick, man. Just save up your money in your lack of free time and wait for the right opportunity for a crazy build. No sad face, be hopeful for the future. :)

I'd like to see that chevelle!

I second this. Actually I wanna see everything he mentioned LOL he listed probably three times the amount of street cred that I did.

New Threads