Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

What's Your Project Car?

I imagine a few of you have some pretty cool rides, so I thought I'd give you a place to share your build. Currently I have a 2005 BMW E46 M3(my first car) on airride and some other things. Currently have about 10k in parts waiting for me to install (rocket bunny widebody kit, AG wheels, BCL wang) but that'll probably take me a few months. I also have a 1964 Impala and I'm flying to New York on Tuesday to pick up a 1992 Eunos Roadster (Japanese mazda miata) ((steering wheel is on the wrong side lol)) I'll post pics of that in here when I get up there and as I make progress with the build.

Whatcha got, pretty boys?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Poyne Dexter For This Useful Post:

MR USED TO BE (10-11-2019)

Thanks
    Here's my M3 from day 1 to semi-current days

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poyne Dexter For This Useful Post:

DNW (09-08-2019),MR USED TO BE (10-11-2019)

Thanks
    2001 ford winstar currently trying to find someone to tilt the motor back to change tge spark plugs,
    2000 silverado , paid 1000 buck for it, looking to put a plow on it for the massive snowfall well prob get... yeah big balla style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spongy; 09-07-2019 at 09:51 PM. Reason: by request
    "Look Good Naked" - Seth Feroce

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simplesteve55021 For This Useful Post:

El Gringo (09-08-2019),Long (09-08-2019),stonetag (09-09-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simplesteve55021 View Post
    2001 ford winstar currently trying to find someone to tilt the motor back to change tge spark plugs,
    2000 silverado , paid 1000 buck for it, looking to put a plow on it for the massive snowfall well prob get... yeah big balla style.
    Can't beat that for 1000 doll hairs. Yeah vans are notoriously bad about actual maintenance considering how recessed into the vehicle the engines have to be. Luckily in my 94 G20 the whole engine basically is in the passenger compartment, you just take the engine cover off and there she is.

Thanks
    I'd love to make my 2019 WRX my project car, but the funds aren't there at the moment.

I'd like to do built bottom, turbo swap, catless j pipe, single exit exhaust, and STI transmission. One of my friends asked me why I didn't just get an STI and my answer was, because it is still running essentially the same motor since its arrival in 2004. The FA20DIT allegedly fixed some of the issues that the EJ motor was prone to having.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to notsoswoleCPA For This Useful Post:

Poyne Dexter (09-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notsoswoleCPA View Post
    I'd love to make my 2019 WRX my project car, but the funds aren't there at the moment.

I'd like to do built bottom, turbo swap, catless j pipe, single exit exhaust, and STI transmission. One of my friends asked me why I didn't just get an STI and my answer was, because it is still running essentially the same motor since its arrival in 2004. The FA20DIT allegedly fixed some of the issues that the EJ motor was prone to having.
    Love Subarus! Just got my first proper turbo Subaru after owning a few N/A versions. Very reliable, fast, comfortable, good value; it does it all

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bvs For This Useful Post:

notsoswoleCPA (09-08-2019),Poyne Dexter (09-08-2019)

Elite
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simplesteve55021 View Post
    Cheap 4wd trucks are fun as hell. Black hole for cash though.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Long For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,733 Posts
    1981 Coupe deville-2 pumps, 6 batteries, 13” 100 spokes. Think 90s lowrider, hoping to wrap it up this winter.

1998 Tahoe (Honky Lips)-9” lift, 37’s on 20” gear big blocks, just fabbed a dual exhaust for it

2001 S10/Sonoma-extended cab, currently bagged. Was on 20’s but I hate that shit. Picked this up recently, plans are to build it like I would of back in my teens when I got into minitruckin. I hate bags so it’ll be on hydraulics, 4 link, body dropped to the rockers. Simple body mods, 90s vintage wheels (Niche runners or neeper synchros would be perfect).

1995 Road king-put it up for sale but may keep it. Currently 18” apes, air ride in the rear, 21” spoke front. If it stays I’ll redo it with dual fish tails exhaust, 20” apes, and fresh paint.

2018 Road glide-been slowly making some changes, bought it new. 16” apes, new seat, slip ons. I’ll lower the rear a few inches this winter and “may” spray some patterns on it.

1972 Chevelle-been on the back burner a while. Not likely to get to it this winter but maybe. I drag raced this car for 15 years, pulled it in the shop to redo and haven’t gotten to it. Maybe soon.

I guess that’s it for now. Seems like a lot of shit but you likely have more in your BMW than I do in all my shit put together!
    Size is the prize and swole is the goal

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

Jin (09-08-2019),Long (09-08-2019),stonetag (09-09-2019)

Thanks
    2018 Ram sport
    will be doing the following

charger suspension (match shocks &springs ) as close as possible
    upgrade to 1.5" sway bars

still trying to figure out the springs without losing the comfort,or stick in the corners

Carven exhaust
    AFE MAX air coldair intake
    Throttle Commander ( changes the drive by wire signal for full pedal no resistance)
    Life through chemistry were we an expierement

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GreatGunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by notsoswoleCPA View Post

That's still an awesome ride, family. I'd have to save up the funds for like 3 transmissions because if I owned a WRX or especially an STI I'd be launching that thing on the daily

Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    1981 Coupe deville-2 pumps, 6 batteries, 13” 100 spokes. Think 90s lowrider, hoping to wrap it up this winter.

1998 Tahoe (Honky Lips)-9” lift, 37’s on 20” gear big blocks, just fabbed a dual exhaust for it

2001 S10/Sonoma-extended cab, currently bagged. Was on 20’s but I hate that shit. Picked this up recently, plans are to build it like I would of back in my teens when I got into minitruckin. I hate bags so it’ll be on hydraulics, 4 link, body dropped to the rockers. Simple body mods, 90s vintage wheels (Niche runners or neeper synchros would be perfect).

1995 Road king-put it up for sale but may keep it. Currently 18” apes, air ride in the rear, 21” spoke front. If it stays I’ll redo it with dual fish tails exhaust, 20” apes, and fresh paint.

2018 Road glide-been slowly making some changes, bought it new. 16” apes, new seat, slip ons. I’ll lower the rear a few inches this winter and “may” spray some patterns on it.

1972 Chevelle-been on the back burner a while. Not likely to get to it this winter but maybe. I drag raced this car for 15 years, pulled it in the shop to redo and haven’t gotten to it. Maybe soon.

I guess that’s it for now. Seems like a lot of shit but you likely have more in your BMW than I do in all my shit put together!
    This whole response is awesome. I like All That Sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGunz View Post
    2018 Ram sport
    will be doing the following

charger suspension (match shocks &springs ) as close as possible
    upgrade to 1.5" sway bars

still trying to figure out the springs without losing the comfort,or stick in the corners

Carven exhaust
    AFE MAX air coldair intake
    Throttle Commander ( changes the drive by wire signal for full pedal no resistance)
    Ooo big money. I think you have us all beat so far price wise.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Poyne Dexter For This Useful Post:

notsoswoleCPA (09-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 763 Posts
    1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. Doing an engine/trans and cradle swap right now. The 88 Fiero had a much better cradle and suspension, so im attaching a supercharged 3800 out of a grand prix GTP to it. Got larger rocker arms, wider powerlogs, 180 deg sensor, smaller SC pulley, poly urethane mounts for the cradle, KYB suspension, and cuatom magnaflow exhaust as of now. Poynce, the rims you have on your BMW are the same exact style im getting for my fiero, just in gold with a chrome lip. 18×8.5 in the front and 18x 10.5 in the back once i get the wide body kit for the rear. When all is said and done hoping this girl puts out about 325 whp.

Second project is my 2014 Dodge Avenger. Unfortunately theres limited accessories you can add to it, but this is my daily driver. Looking to get new rims, megan racing suspension, tune, performance coil packs, open intake, ported manifold, flowmaster super 10 exhaust, resonator delete kit and larger throttle body.

Currently looking for a 71 Riviera or late 70's Datsun 240z.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RISE For This Useful Post:

Long (09-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 763 Posts
    Wheres Toolsteel???? I wanna see this Saturn in the thread i started a bit ago.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RISE For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast