Antonio Brown playing chess

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yes because pro sports are all about morals and role models and men of high character lmao.

I'm sure you never cheered for LT or Dave Meggett when they were Giants because they weren't good people.
what did megget do?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was a mark bavaro fan..But my all time favorite was hershel walker

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I buy the notion that AB's evil, master plan all along was to end-up in NE. Yea, he made a royal c#nt of himself before ever stepping onto the field in Oakland and thats not unprecedented (see Steelers, Pittsburgh) but the economics of the deal he lost in Oakland vs the deal he signed in NE don't suggest he was pulling everyone's strings all along. I tend to think he really is that narcissistic and didn't respect Oakland as a franchise - he simply thought they needed him more than he needed them - and found out that every team has its limits.

Ending up in NE on what amounts to a 'Try before you Buy' contract is a great outcome - for the Patriots. They get to see a) If he'll f#ck about with them the way he did with his prior two teams and b) If they actually need him enough to deal with his locker room and off-field distractions, should they arise. They have a history of getting great value out of troubled players (see Dillon, Corey and Moss, Randy).

I just don't see anything in either AB or his agent to suggest this was their plan all along. I think AB realized he'd crossed a line when he went after Oakland's GM and chose to self-destruct on social media simply as a way of getting out of the situation - not necessarily of completing his epic "hero's journey" from Pittsburgh to NE.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what did megget do?

Hes another rapist woman beater. Used to love him when I was a kid.

To think i had lunch with him at a football camp on Long Island when I was a kid haha.

My whole point is that while there have been some pro athletes who are real role models over the years - joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach - there have always always always been superstars in pro sports who are bad people off the field.

The media used to just cover for them in the old days. Then they were slowly exposed in the 90s/early 2000s, and now there’s nowhere to hide with camera phones, social media, and 24/7 news cycle.

If a player in any sport is talented enough, somebody is going to roll the dice and take a chance on him.

Its like a bell curve type a deal where a team decides if the talent is worth the headache and baggage.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was a mark bavaro fan..But my all time favorite was hershel walker

Mark Bavaro was the original Rob Gronkowski. He was one of those guys who was way ahead of his time.

To bad all the injuries shortened his career so much.

Lizard King

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe he can help Gordon get suspended indefinitely for the 7th time just to play again in 6 to 8 games. Steelers avoided trading AB to the Pat's for a #1 draft pic and AB wasn't happy he got sent to the Raiders, still a POS douchebag move on his part and even dumber on the Raider's part losing 2 draft picks for nothing.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe he can help Gordon get suspended indefinitely for the 7th time just to play again in 6 to 8 games. Steelers avoided trading AB to the Pat's for a #1 draft pic and AB wasn't happy he got sent to the Raiders, still a POS douchebag move on his part and even dumber on the Raider's part losing 2 draft picks for nothing.

The Steelers problem wasn’t AB. It’s Tomlin. Terrible terrible terrible coach.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Now he’s being accused of rape. It’s all over the net.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ummm, nope.
He didnt play anyone, he's just a fool and a basket case.
He signed with the raiders for 50 million, 30 million of that guaranteed.
He signed with patriots for 1 year for 9 million guaranteed.
Enough said, but i'll add if and when he makes it a year with the pats they'll let him go and he's back at square one.

I say **** this d-bag, no one should sign him.
Its a ****king privilege to play in the nfl not a guaranteed right.

Ummm... ever cross your mind he was after a super bowl ring instead of the money? Who the **** knows. He’s a punk bitch either way.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Ummm... ever cross your mind he was after a super bowl ring instead of the money? Who the **** knows. He’s a punk bitch either way.

Nope.
I do agree he's a punk bitch though.
If I was a team mate i'd have publicly called him out a long time ago. I dont go for this nonsense.
STFU and play.

New Threads