Had anyone used this?

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
So I went to a new gym with a free 30 day membership and I saw this chest press , plate loaded thing. I gave it a try and absolutly loved it. cybex-plate-loaded-chest-press_270x216.jpg

Im just a little confused because I was able to hit WAY more weight then i would of expected and it felt great. Just wondering why I was able to load so much on it.

Heres a link to the thing incase the pic doesnt show.

https://www.fitnesszone.com/product...uDtxBBgczVV_WPzmaCO-DcERAiEXENuAaAlyGEALw_wcB

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You can lift more because the weight is halfway to the pivot point. If it were closer to the handles, I'd be much tougher. Think of a long breaker bar vs a short ratchet, you have more leverage.

If it feels good, do it up!

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
You can lift more because the weight is halfway to the pivot point. If it were closer to the handles, I'd be much tougher. Think of a long breaker bar vs a short ratchet, you have more leverage.

If it feels good, do it up!

Thanks, thats kinda what i was wondering i couldnt figure it out, intelligence lacks in some areas lol.

But yeah, i fell in love with the machine, I was able to hit 410 for multiple reps and drop sets on this with a great blood rush to the tittes

Merlin

Reaction score
Yeah I enjoy using that machine on chest day to add in around the end of my workout

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's about the only thing that doesn't hurt my shoulders while doing chest!

Reaction score
Plus no real stabilizers are required. Also, the leverage/mechanical advantage the machine gives.