Anesthesia

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
After 23 years in practice I'm still amazed at all the nonsense people believe or have been told/read on the internet. Post any questions you have about anesthesia and I will be happy to address them.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Why are my pants always unbuttoned when I wake back up?

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Why are my pants always unbuttoned when I wake back up?

Lucky you... I always wake up belly down with my bunghole feeling weird.

In all seriousness, I have a cousin that is a CRNA, and I thought I wanted to be like him while growing up... After one nursing class in college, I realized that I did not have what it takes to be in the healthcare profession because I lacked empathy. I literally got up, walked out of class, and changed my major that very day!

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you that empathy gets slowly replaced over time with cynicism as you repeated see people who have no regard for there own health, as well as the stupid shit people do to themselves and each other. If I'm being honest I'm not all that altruistic.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was on a small dose of test when i went under no problem at all..

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
AAS are no problem if you're getting anesthesia. Your anesthesia provider could not care less about this.

Reaction score
I’ve been under more times than I care to count. Occasionally I do not come out of it well, once, without me really knowing it, I had a very violent outburst after surgery. I don’t remember it but was told several times about it by several people. When I came to I was restrained to the bed. Wtf is that all about?

I’ve had my throat stretched many time (**** I’m going to regret saying that), once I came to in the middle of it with this massive dildo thing jammed down my throat. That was pretty horrible. And no, it’s not a joke.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Coming out of it always felt like the drugs i used to take at clubs ..I was a natural

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What’s the stuff dentists use for taking out wisdom teeth? The videos I’ve seen of people saying funny shit coming out of that are funny AF.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What’s the stuff dentists use for taking out wisdom teeth? The videos I’ve seen of people saying funny shit coming out of that are funny AF.
I had all 4 taken out in one shot and it was great.!! First they put the laughing gas mask on me as 2 hot girls were working around me while i was getting high in the chair..Seemed like the mask was on me for a good 15 min and i was breathing in deep..After they took the mask off i was totally bent and having a hell of a time .The dr gave me a shot of what seemed like heroin on steroids and it put me out..I woke up feeling like I just snorted a 40 jar of K..Got 100 percs and went home smiling

Last edited:

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
for my nose job it was much stronger stuff they hit me with but my tonsil surgery was by far the strongest anesthesia I ever had, i had a machine breathing for me ...Right bricks?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]Midazolam, when I came round from that all I remember is asking if I could have some more
[/FONT]

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd hear about the process in general, Bricks. Whats the strategy from the perspective of the anesthesiologist?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Going under on Tuesday for my shoulder. I can't recall what it was but you said to ask for some special med.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve been under more times than I care to count. Occasionally I do not come out of it well, once, without me really knowing it, I had a very violent outburst after surgery. I don’t remember it but was told several times about it by several people. When I came to I was restrained to the bed. Wtf is that all about?

I’ve had my throat stretched many time (**** I’m going to regret saying that), once I came to in the middle of it with this massive dildo thing jammed down my throat. That was pretty horrible. And no, it’s not a joke.

Different people wake up differently. If you're abusing rec drugs or alcohol it's evident and I can tell you pretty much which drug but either how they go down or wake up. For example, meth woke ups are like wrestling with a pissed off gorilla. So just don't ever lie about that stuff cause we know. We
don't care, but we do need to know.

Now as far as you're concerned, it probably just is what it is. The drugs I use are the most potent there are and like I said, everyone reacts differently. We're used to it and prepared for this.

As far as waking up during your EGD and esophageal dilation, it's a heavy sedation and that's always possible. I work hard so this doesn't occur, but o those we have to walk the line of keeping you deep and an unprotected airway where we're sharing that turf with the surgeon and he's fkn with the sphincter that keeps reflux from ruining our day

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Dentists use nitrous oxide. I only use it in very rare situations because it contributes heavily to puking.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
for my nose job it was much stronger stuff they hit me with but my tonsil surgery was by far the strongest anesthesia I ever had, i had a machine breathing for me ...Right bricks?

For your tonsils maybe you were ventilated, maybe they let you breath on your own. Either way you were intubated with an endotracheal tube to secure your airway and protect your lungs from aspiration.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]Midazolam, when I came round from that all I remember is asking if I could have some more
[/FONT]

Good shit but you tend to forget or black out stuff afterward that first day.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd hear about the process in general, Bricks. Whats the strategy from the perspective of the anesthesiologist?

Strategy for anesthesia? Broad question, but with respect to surgery anesthetist (sleep), analgesia (pain management) and amnesia. I keep the patient deep enough to provide an optimum surgical field for the surgeon, with patient safety first. Basically I address all the physiologic changes/responses to anesthesia and surgical stimuli. The surgeon works on his part, and I'm the guy that keeps you alive and whole so you leave in the same shape you came in or better. Airway, breathing, circulation, acid base balance, body temp, patient positioning to prevent stretch or compression injuries, and on and on. Anesthesia is actually the "boss" in the OR. If we say a case doesn't go, it doesn't go, and it can't get done without anesthesia.

Last edited:

New Threads