Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anesthesia

Thanks
    Thanked 2,557 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Midazolam, when I came round from that all I remember is asking if I could have some more

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    What’s the stuff dentists use for taking out wisdom teeth? The videos I’ve seen of people saying funny shit coming out of that are funny AF.
    Never wipe your arse with an angry hedgehog

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (09-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,798 Times in 4,491 Posts
    I'd hear about the process in general, Bricks. Whats the strategy from the perspective of the anesthesiologist?
    "So make ya move and plead the Fifth cuz' ya can't plead the First..."
    Rage Against the Machine -'Down Rodeo'

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NbleSavage For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (09-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,411 Times in 4,475 Posts
    Going under on Tuesday for my shoulder. I can't recall what it was but you said to ask for some special med.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (09-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,914 Times in 1,948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    I’ve been under more times than I care to count. Occasionally I do not come out of it well, once, without me really knowing it, I had a very violent outburst after surgery. I don’t remember it but was told several times about it by several people. When I came to I was restrained to the bed. Wtf is that all about?

I’ve had my throat stretched many time (**** I’m going to regret saying that), once I came to in the middle of it with this massive dildo thing jammed down my throat. That was pretty horrible. And no, it’s not a joke.
    Different people wake up differently. If you're abusing rec drugs or alcohol it's evident and I can tell you pretty much which drug but either how they go down or wake up. For example, meth woke ups are like wrestling with a pissed off gorilla. So just don't ever lie about that stuff cause we know. We
    don't care, but we do need to know.

Now as far as you're concerned, it probably just is what it is. The drugs I use are the most potent there are and like I said, everyone reacts differently. We're used to it and prepared for this.

As far as waking up during your EGD and esophageal dilation, it's a heavy sedation and that's always possible. I work hard so this doesn't occur, but o those we have to walk the line of keeping you deep and an unprotected airway where we're sharing that turf with the surgeon and he's fkn with the sphincter that keeps reflux from ruining our day

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

NbleSavage (09-15-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    What’s the stuff dentists use for taking out wisdom teeth? The videos I’ve seen of people saying funny shit coming out of that are funny AF.
    Dentists use nitrous oxide. I only use it in very rare situations because it contributes heavily to puking.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    for my nose job it was much stronger stuff they hit me with but my tonsil surgery was by far the strongest anesthesia I ever had, i had a machine breathing for me ...Right bricks?
    For your tonsils maybe you were ventilated, maybe they let you breath on your own. Either way you were intubated with an endotracheal tube to secure your airway and protect your lungs from aspiration.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    Midazolam, when I came round from that all I remember is asking if I could have some more
    Good shit but you tend to forget or black out stuff afterward that first day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NbleSavage View Post
    I'd hear about the process in general, Bricks. Whats the strategy from the perspective of the anesthesiologist?
    Strategy for anesthesia? Broad question, but with respect to surgery anesthetist (sleep), analgesia (pain management) and amnesia. I keep the patient deep enough to provide an optimum surgical field for the surgeon, with patient safety first. Basically I address all the physiologic changes/responses to anesthesia and surgical stimuli. The surgeon works on his part, and I'm the guy that keeps you alive and whole so you leave in the same shape you came in or better. Airway, breathing, circulation, acid base balance, body temp, patient positioning to prevent stretch or compression injuries, and on and on. Anesthesia is actually the "boss" in the OR. If we say a case doesn't go, it doesn't go, and it can't get done without anesthesia.
    Last edited by BRICKS; 09-14-2019 at 06:55 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

NbleSavage (09-15-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Going under on Tuesday for my shoulder. I can't recall what it was but you said to ask for some special med.
    You're going to make sure and ask for an interscalene block. Your provider will use ultrasound to inject about 30 ml or so of local anesthetic around the nerve that go to that shoulder. This will give you a decreased need for pain med in the first 24 hours and also allow anesthesia to use a lot less narcotics during surgery. You should wake up comfortable and feeling pretty good. You want this bro. Shoulders hurt like a mthrfkr afterward. My shoulder patients are usually out of recovery and out the door in about 20 min post op and they're comfortable for 24-36 hours. Results with different providers may vary. I have a rep as being really good with blocks.
    Last edited by BRICKS; 09-14-2019 at 07:39 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

snake (09-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 995 Posts

Anesthesia

...::.

Already answered
    Last edited by dk8594; 09-14-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    Fight against something and you focus on the thing you hate. Fight for something and you focus on the thing you love. - Simon Sinek

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    After 23 years in practice I'm still amazed at all the nonsense people believe or have been told/read on the internet. Post any questions you have about anesthesia and I will be happy to address them.

why do i have such a hard time waking up? last time took 4 nurses and the doc to wake me and had to shake me, yell at me and almost called it, then i woke up....veryone was panting and bent over and nurses were freakin out....
    "I think I'm gonna try to do a barrel role, and if that goes good, I'm just gonna nose down and call it a night"

"Nahh....I'm a white Guy"

Muther Fawken RICH -RIP BIG BALLS

18. The Following User Says Thank You to j2048b For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (09-14-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    why do i have such a hard time waking up? last time took 4 nurses and the doc to wake me and had to shake me, yell at me and almost called it, then i woke up....veryone was panting and bent over and nurses were freakin out....
    People all respond differently, but you may have had an anesthesia provider that was heavy handed with the drugs.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

j2048b (09-15-2019)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast