Rest day?

Reaction score
New to lifting so might be a dumb question. Should I take them on my rest days? I'm using syntha6 protein powder and musletech creatine.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Should you take protein and creatine on rest days?

Yes.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get as much protein as possible from actual food.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome. How many protein drinks should I drink? The creatine just says use ine scoop a day

As few as possible. I take 1 per day and it's a custom Blend of slow digesting proteins right before bed.

The ONLY time I ever take more than one is when I'm running insulin.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OP, ye need to hit yer macros seven days a week, primarily with actual food and not supps. Rest days included.

If ye want a more customized program with carb timing & cycling and the like, get with Spongy and let him chart the course with ye.

Reaction score
OP, ye need to hit yer macros seven days a week, primarily with actual food and not supps. Rest days included.

If ye want a more customized program with carb timing & cycling and the like, get with Spongy and let him chart the course with ye.

idk what macros are. But i will find spongy and ask him all about it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Macros are macro nutrients, so it's your protein, carbohydrate, and fat. If you're of normal weight, and are training, aim for ±1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight. So if you weigh 180 lbs, shoot for 160-200 grams of protein per day.

And as others have said, try to get as much as you can from real food. Supplements are just that, supplements. They're not meant to be the primary source.

Last edited:

New Threads