dumb question incoming

Reaction score
i know this is probably a dumb question. But its hard for me to cook alot i am a pretty busy person i try to meal prep when i have time. But i do tend to eat at my job and most of the stuff we have is fried. I eat either wings or chicken fingers. Now is fried food really that bad to eat? i usually just eat my chicken fingers with hotsauce or ketchup. generally its the only fried food i eat during the day i dont eat junk foods like chips/candy. all i drink is orange juice in the morning and water during the day. most of my meals consist of veggies and chicken or salad with some sort of meat tossed into it with applecider vinegar.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Fried food is just higher in fat. I don't like it especially if you have batter on it. If you are counting calories, it is almost impossible to know what they are between the batter and the oil calories.

I eat sandwiches during the week for lunch because I don't have a microwave or refrigerator at work. Its not like you have to eat the crap at work. Its a choice.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
excuses are like assholes; everyone has them and they all stink.
you can always make time.
i am proof of that.
just depends how bad you want it.

bsp check out the Hot Logic Mini
you can buy it with a car adapter or 12v plug
takes any microwave safe container
just pop ur food in and 20-30 mins later its steaming hot.
been a game changer for me man.

Reaction score
i try to stay away from bread as much as i can. I do eat pbj twice a week though. theres just so much back and forth stuff its confusing. i was told to stay away from deli meats as much as i can.

Reaction score
i dont own a car i can use the microwave at work but the only thing i usually bring with me is veggies and canned chicken which is getting gross. dont mind the veggies but soggy chicken isnt ideal lol

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
i dont own a car i can use the microwave at work but the only thing i usually bring with me is veggies and canned chicken which is getting gross. dont mind the veggies but soggy chicken isnt ideal lol

cook some fukking chicken and rice wtf????

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like you're at the point where you need better choices. Easiest way to think about it is if you can recognize it as being close to it's form in nature, then eat it.

Potatoes, yes. Chips, no.
Fish, yes. Fish sticks, no.
Fruit, yes. Jelly, no.
Steak, yes. Salami, no.
Etc...

And make your meals in bulk, buy some glass Tupperware, reheat at work. No extra cooking necessary.

Last edited:

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I think you have time. All of us have made time and I even have 2 kids under the age of 3 (one of which is a 4 month old), plus I have 2 full-time jobs and I volunteer multiple days a week at our local high school. I still make time to prep food. I can prep a week's worth of food in a few hours, once a week. If you want it, you figure out a way to do it.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I knew a guy who never had enough time. When I dug into it, he was too busy to work out because he was watching 2 hrs a night of netflix.

Bottom line, make it happen. We all have the same 24 hours to work with.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Fried food for your health yes bad, for fat gain I guess if your strict enough with your macro tracking you could do IIFYM, if it fits your macros then you won’t gain fat but like big swole said it’s almost impossible to know what the macros are for the fried stuff especially from restaurants who knows what they add. Personally I’m not a fan of the if it fits your macros when it involves any type of junk food. I’d rather put good healthy food in my body so I can hopefully avoid health issues down the road. Although I do like to enjoy life and eat the things l love. Moderation is key!

Ive been guilty of “not having time” but when I’ve really looked into my day I do have time. Like Snake said once you get prepping down it can save time also money and hopefully add years to your life.

Reaction score
I travel for work and here are somethings I do in the hotel room when I can not cook.

>bags of frozen veggies you can buy in the frozen section
>Instant rice you can cook in bag for 90 seconds
>rotisserie chicken already cooked (dark meat is not a enemy)
> Read the labels and find a good granola bar for fiber (Nature's Valley Oats and Honey)
>Bananas
> Protein shakes (add in frozen fruit and items such as oats and/or peanut butter
> PB&J sandwiches made from natural sugar free ingredients

Just take some time and research. It takes some homework and dedication, but as long as you make excuses, you will never reach your full potential.

Hope this helps and motivates you

HD

Reaction score
The orange juice is full of sugars and can cause stomach upset with too much. Fired foods is made with grease that is easily stored as fat. Even on a dirty bulking cycle I would not say to eat a lot of fried foods. As a cheat meal to pound calories, maybe once a blue moon. See above post and understand that sacrifice and discipline will always yield results. I eat the same meals every week. Small mixes here and there to keep it interesting.

HD

Dog-guy

Reaction score
Boneless skinless and cold baked potato cut in bite sized pieces with some BBQ sauce to dip in....mmmmm. throw some steamed broccoli on top..blam!
I've been known to open an 11oz can of tuna and eat it with a fork chased with water and a protein bar in a pinch. Bout 45 grams right there

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
i know this is probably a dumb question. But its hard for me to cook alot i am a pretty busy person i try to meal prep when i have time. But i do tend to eat at my job and most of the stuff we have is fried. I eat either wings or chicken fingers. Now is fried food really that bad to eat? i usually just eat my chicken fingers with hotsauce or ketchup. generally its the only fried food i eat during the day i dont eat junk foods like chips/candy. all i drink is orange juice in the morning and water during the day. most of my meals consist of veggies and chicken or salad with some sort of meat tossed into it with applecider vinegar.

Busy person? When I have the time? I think everyone of us out here are very busy. We have prioritized our time to fit our lifestyle. Rice takes 25 minutes to cook and guess what, its in a cooker. I don't have to do anything except put the rice and water in. While its cooking, I make my beef, turkey and chicken. Within an hour and a half, I have all week done. Sorry my friend, but that's one excuse I cant buy. You just have to make the time. Just find out what is important to you and focus on that. Based on your question, I wouldn't say that you have this lifestyle as a priority.

Not trying to be a dick, but I hear that all the time from people around here. I cant do what you do it takes so long, I am soooo busy. I have a wife and three kids, a full time job and all kids in sports. I would put my day against most. There are others out here that are much busier and can do it. So dude, just do it!! You will be happy you did.

New Threads