Restarting on the staying in shape regime

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hi
Just to say hi, and wish me luck. I am trying to restart my home training with body pump and aerobics and have been procrastinating on and off for too long after chest infection in April - and miss the fitness I used to have :(
So, new week, new start!!
The plan: 4 days per week in the morning. 2 paired days with different muscle groups,
a) thighs, back, triceps, biceps
b) shoulders, belly, chest

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. Best day to start is today.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
One day at a time. A day will turn into a week, a week into a year. You'll look back in a decade and wonder where the time went.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

What does your training history look like?

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

What does your training history look like?

I used to go to a very nice Gym and did body pump 5 days a week, warm up with cardio, then the class, and followed by swimming and steaming. The gym closed and I decided to go for home training and below is what I have been doing on and off and my goal is to be ON !! And am pleased to say day 2 has been achieved as well :) . I just want to stay in shape and tone up to embrace ageing with grace.

Sunday+Thursday
Aerobics (Jane Fonda – showing my age here )
Weights:
Triceps, Squats, Back, Biceps (Les Mills Pump Extreme tracks)

Breakfast
Before workout
Coffee with a banana
After workout
Sugar free muesli with berries/grapes Inulin and BCAA

Monday+Friday
Aerobics (Jane Fonda)
Weights:
Shoulders (Les Mills Pump Extreme track),
Cycle Chest:
1 Lying Chest Fly (3 x 15 reps dumbbells)
2 Lying Chest pullover (3 x 15 reps medicine ball)
3 Lying Chest Throw Supine (3 x 15 reps Medicine Ball )
Belly exercises (Jane Fonda)

Breakfast
Before workout
Coffee with a banana
After workout
Sugar free muesli with berries/grapes Inulin and BCAA

Tuesday
Stretches/Physio core
Biceps, Triceps (Les Mills Pump Extreme tracks)

Breakfast
Before workout
Coffee
Then fasting (keto effect)
early afternoon
apple and peanut butter
2-4 small home-made protein enriched low sugar wholemeal cookies (containing ground linseed, oat, almonds, dried fruit, soya flour, honey)

Wednesday
Stretches/Physio core
Belly exercises Belly exercises (Jane Fonda)

Breakfast
Before workout
Coffee
Then fasting (keto effect)
early afternoon
apple and peanut butter
2-4 small home-made protein enriched low sugar wholemeal cookies (containing ground linseed, oat, almonds, dried fruit, soya flour, honey)

Saturday
Stretches / Physio Core
Maybe a hike 14 miles or so

Breakfast
Banana Blueberry pancake with stevia
Quark with inulin and fresh fruit

Aside from intermittent fasting days (Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday, sometimes Saturday) I have my cookies as a snack, apple and peanut butter around mid-day, late lunch salad, and dinner varies, usually some lean meat with vegetables/salad, snacking: crisp bread or carrot or rice cracker or broad beans, and a sweet treat, if the scale allows.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I don't see a lot of protein in your diet.... Do you know your daily intake of protein?

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I don't see a lot of protein in your diet.... Do you know your daily intake of protein?

same here....

Welcome to our spot, but your diet needs another 40-60g of pro. It will preserve muscle loss during weight loss and replace cals than basically end up as a simple sugar once they are broken down.

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
same here....

Welcome to our spot, but your diet needs another 40-60g of pro. It will preserve muscle loss during weight loss and replace cals than basically end up as a simple sugar once they are broken down.

Thank you gymrat, food is my biggest thing to change, I think. I try to do intermittent fasting and then feel too weak and that's when I eat the carbs, like dried fruit, dates, or fatty stuff like peanut butter and almonds, high fibre carbs, but still carbs, and then because I don't want to put on weight I eat nothing much for the rest of the day - no protein either. It's a bit of a mess ... I used to have a great routine but getting older it's become a bit of a battle. Sorry, don't want to whine too much and need to plan my week better and prepare low calorie protein snacks. Like I do some nice turkey meat balls with red pepper bits so they are not dry.
It's work in progress, that's why I'm here, I need inspiration and like-minded people (there are none in my office, and if they knew how obsessed I am about staying in shape they'd shake their heads because they have no concept and accepted weight gain from a certain age - even massive weight gain - and really not an inspiring environment. But me? Nooooo!! That is NOT gonna happen to me!).
Thanks again :)

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Hey slim, just keep that protein high and the carbs low. Don’t worry about the people at work, it’s called laziness! They’ll be dead soon, fat and out of shape and you’ll be doing fine right here at the UG! Keep it up!!

New Threads