Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
My name is DJ
Age 29

I was in a horrible accident a year ago and trying to get back into lifting starting now and was looking for some pointers on a workout program.

Some background on my injury, my right leg was ripped off and crushed. My leg was saved and reattached but still have metal rod and screws up and down my leg with metal plate in my heel.

Hurts like hell but I dont want to just waste away when I love the gym.

Reaction score
It has definitely been one hell of a experience. Just always stay positive lol.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
WTF!!!

Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad you're still here. Welcome to the crew.

Not sure of your limitations with training lower body, but you can still hammer away at your upper body.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
WTF!!!.

Not sure of your limitations with training lower body, but you can still hammer away at your upper body.

This is a questionable choice of verb considering what happened to OP’s arm bro. Pretty heartless ;)

Welcome to The Underground. Stay positive with a sense of humor. Glad you made it here.

Did you get any guidance from your rehabilitation?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What happened to his arm? What'd I miss? Oh shit!!!

Edit: I get it now, "hammer away". It's early, I'm sleepy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My limitations: I can't run or really jump.

I can walk, do squats and core and arms are no problem.

I'm honestly really lucky that my surgery and recovery went well.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
i had no idea they could reattach a severed leg. that's insane. do you mind sharing how did that happen??? welcome to the board man!

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, but glad you are still around and ready to come back to the gym. No one really runs or jumps here. lol Except maybe FD. He prances. :32 (20):

Reaction score
I was on the freeway and the freeway came to a dead stop (road construction). I was on my Harley. A F250 came around the bend of the freeway going 70mph, he didn't notice the huge traffic jam. The F250 hit me from behide. I was hit like a bug in the grill, then we hit the car in front of us. I was pinned by the F250 and car. My foot and leg was caught under the F250 front tire. After we came to a complete stop I pushed myself off the F250 and clapsed. At that point I noticed my foot was hanging on by some muscle and my leg was destroyed.

I was bleeding out. Then I rolled my foot back in place and tried to stop the bleeding. The guy in car in front of us came out of his car I told him to call 911. 20 minutes I was at the hospital.

I was told they are going to cut my leg off. I'm like really?? Can you try to save it. Long story cut short I had one artery that some how was still attached. I was hospitalized for 4 months. 1 month just to see if my leg would stay alive.

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
welcome buddy, hope you can recoup shortly and begin light lifting soon.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Has your doc put you through all the physical therapy sessions yet?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UG. Do what you can and forget about the rest. Plenty of able-bodied people sit on their ass. Gland to see you have the heart to get back into the ring.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Like Snake said, do what ya can and the rest will come in time. Just keep pushing yourself and testing the waters to see how far you can take things. It will come. Glad you’re still around and getting back in the gym. All the best!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board man. Glad to hear you're wanting to get back to working out

New Threads