New member looking to make his own preworkout

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

like the the title says i’m new and i’m getting ready to make my first pre workout. Now i’m no big guy but I can put up weight for my size. Coming in at 5’3” 140lbs (in a cut cycle), i’m squatting 245lb, dumbbell pressing 80lb, and DL with 205. Keep in mind that these are for 3 sets of 12 reps but my DL is still weak af since I’m getting over being scared after hurting my back a while ago. I don’t usually max out since I workout alone.

Now I recently got the idea to make my own preworkout after the brand I had been using took DMHA out. Being a stimulant junkie, I wanted that DMHA in my preworkout so I ordered a 10g bag and a number of other essentials which are currently on their way. Unfortunately I’m stationed on Guam so shipping takes half a month... I’ll update everyone on how it goes later on but for now i’ll Be searching the forum for tips to do this right.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

What else are you putting in this potion?

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

like the the title says i’m new and i’m getting ready to make my first pre workout. Now i’m no big guy but I can put up weight for my size. Coming in at 5’3” 140lbs (in a cut cycle), i’m squatting 245lb, dumbbell pressing 80lb, and DL with 205. Keep in mind that these are for 3 sets of 12 reps but my DL is still weak af since I’m getting over being scared after hurting my back a while ago. I don’t usually max out since I workout alone.

Now I recently got the idea to make my own preworkout after the brand I had been using took DMHA out. Being a stimulant junkie, I wanted that DMHA in my preworkout so I ordered a 10g bag and a number of other essentials which are currently on their way. Unfortunately I’m stationed on Guam so shipping takes half a month... I’ll update everyone on how it goes later on but for now i’ll Be searching the forum for tips to do this right.

Welome to the UG. I just recently read an extensive article in MD, and interview with the CEO of Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals is fighting against the government to have DMAA reinstated back into supplements. I think one of his pre-workout brands has some. Do some research on that.

Reaction score
I’ll look into it! I never used DMAA but I hear it’s better than DMHA

Reaction score
I’m still working out the dosing for each but I’m most likely going to mimic some dosages from ESP extreme to start.
looking at 3-400mg caffein, DMHA, Beta Alanine, Taurine, maybe 5g creatine monohydrate, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and 6-8g L-Citrulline.

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

What else are you putting in this potion?

I’m still working out the dosing for each but I’m most likely going to mimic some dosages from ESP extreme to start.
looking at 3-400mg caffein, DMHA, Beta Alanine, Taurine, maybe 5g creatine monohydrate, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and 6-8g L-Citrulline.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No agmatine sulphate?

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
This is something ive slightly thought about, im interested to see how it works out, please keep an update.

Reaction score
This is something ive slightly thought about, im interested to see how it works out, please keep an update.

Will do! Just have to wait on the powders and my scale to come in. I hear you can’t make large batches due to the density of the powders and how they settle. Most only make multiple single servings.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I make my own preworkout b/c i dont like most of the stuff out there, i like having exactly what i want and how much of something in the ratios i want. you're right tho, you dont want to make a massive batch b/c with a lot of them, youre going to have 1/16tsp or 1/4tsp or 1tsp and when you add it all in and shake it up, its way lost. i makie mine weekly but i use the small 4oz Tupperware and I set out 10 of them, 5 for preworkout and 5 for postwork out and then cap em off and just make the shake that day or the night before and throw it in the fridge

Reaction score
That’s most likely what i’ll Be doing. For just the pre workout for now though. Hoping to find a better way to make a large batch though. Maybe some type of industrial equipment

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. I built a Home Depot on Guam back in 2008 or 2009. Neat place to visit.

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. I built a Home Depot on Guam back in 2008 or 2009. Neat place to visit.

Move been stationed over here for almost 4 years now. Great place and the local girls love us military guys!

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That’s most likely what i’ll Be doing. For just the pre workout for now though. Hoping to find a better way to make a large batch though. Maybe some type of industrial equipment

no real need. by that time, is it worth the $$$ to make it in large batches vs just making it in small batches? depending what your qty of products are you could likely make it in a week by week and then just measure out what you need. essentially make 1 days worth and determine the size of scoop - 1tbsp 1.5 tbsp etc

Reaction score
no real need. by that time, is it worth the $$$ to make it in large batches vs just making it in small batches? depending what your qty of products are you could likely make it in a week by week and then just measure out what you need. essentially make 1 days worth and determine the size of scoop - 1tbsp 1.5 tbsp etc

i read from other forums that you can’t determine the mix properly since denser powders will settle to the bottom. I figured the mix could just be shaken up before each use but I was hoping to see what more serious lifters that make their own are doing. If it’s still not a good idea then I’ll just dime bags to set up a months supply.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
what about for the flavoring? I'll bet that shit would be absolutely horrid without.

Reaction score
what about for the flavoring? I'll bet that shit would be absolutely horrid without.

I’m planning to use gatoraid, coolaid, and those types of things for flavor. Not sure how much i’ll Have to use but trial and error will help with that part haha

New Threads