anterior pelvic tilt

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've had an anterior pelvic tilt for as long as I can remember and can see it in pictures of me as young as 12.

I've researched enough to know which muscles should be stretched/ which should be tightened, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is structural as well.

Anyone out there suffer from it? Anyone ACTUALLY corrected it?

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I've had an anterior pelvic tilt for as long as I can remember and can see it in pictures of me as young as 12.

I've researched enough to know which muscles should be stretched/ which should be tightened, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is structural as well.

Anyone out there suffer from it? Anyone ACTUALLY corrected it?

I'm not sure if it was the same thing but when after my back surgery my right hip was tilted forward and the muscles and tendons all kept it like that as a compensation for the pain and injuries.

They used electric shock, stretch and pulling on the leg and foot and none of that really made me come out if it.

I just started playing ball with the kids again, jogging (uncomfortable and with a lop sided gate) wrestling and boxing as well as lifting. It was slow but It came out of it the more active i was. And am. If I sit around too much that side still tightens up first.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was the same thing but when after my back surgery my right hip was tilted forward and the muscles and tendons all kept it like that as a compensation for the pain and injuries.

They used electric shock, stretch and pulling on the leg and foot and none of that really made me come out if it.

I just started playing ball with the kids again, jogging (uncomfortable and with a lop sided gate) wrestling and boxing as well as lifting. It was slow but It came out of it the more active i was. And am. If I sit around too much that side still tightens up first.

Thanks for the reply. Having a sedentary job certainly doesn't help it. Glad you were able to find a method for getting rid of yours.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I have it and I don't worry about it any more. I personally don't think you can do much about it to make a difference. It never effected my lifts.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have it and I don't worry about it any more. I personally don't think you can do much about it to make a difference.

I'm getting to the point where I am leaning that way too. Maybe in younger years I could have "retrained" my posture, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it's something that is ingrained.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'm getting to the point where I am leaning that way too. Maybe in younger years I could have "retrained" my posture, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it's something that is ingrained.

No.

Just identify as someone who has no anterior pelvic tilt.

Done. Problem solved.

New Threads