Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 995 Posts

anterior pelvic tilt

I've had an anterior pelvic tilt for as long as I can remember and can see it in pictures of me as young as 12.

I've researched enough to know which muscles should be stretched/ which should be tightened, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is structural as well.

Anyone out there suffer from it? Anyone ACTUALLY corrected it?
    Fight against something and you focus on the thing you hate. Fight for something and you focus on the thing you love. - Simon Sinek

Elite
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8594 View Post
    I've had an anterior pelvic tilt for as long as I can remember and can see it in pictures of me as young as 12.

I've researched enough to know which muscles should be stretched/ which should be tightened, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is structural as well.

Anyone out there suffer from it? Anyone ACTUALLY corrected it?
    I'm not sure if it was the same thing but when after my back surgery my right hip was tilted forward and the muscles and tendons all kept it like that as a compensation for the pain and injuries.

They used electric shock, stretch and pulling on the leg and foot and none of that really made me come out if it.

I just started playing ball with the kids again, jogging (uncomfortable and with a lop sided gate) wrestling and boxing as well as lifting. It was slow but It came out of it the more active i was. And am. If I sit around too much that side still tightens up first.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Long View Post
    I'm not sure if it was the same thing but when after my back surgery my right hip was tilted forward and the muscles and tendons all kept it like that as a compensation for the pain and injuries.

They used electric shock, stretch and pulling on the leg and foot and none of that really made me come out if it.

I just started playing ball with the kids again, jogging (uncomfortable and with a lop sided gate) wrestling and boxing as well as lifting. It was slow but It came out of it the more active i was. And am. If I sit around too much that side still tightens up first.
    Thanks for the reply. Having a sedentary job certainly doesn't help it. Glad you were able to find a method for getting rid of yours.
    Fight against something and you focus on the thing you hate. Fight for something and you focus on the thing you love. - Simon Sinek

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

Long (09-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,411 Times in 4,475 Posts
    I have it and I don't worry about it any more. I personally don't think you can do much about it to make a difference. It never effected my lifts.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (09-19-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    I have it and I don't worry about it any more. I personally don't think you can do much about it to make a difference.
    I'm getting to the point where I am leaning that way too. Maybe in younger years I could have "retrained" my posture, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it's something that is ingrained.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

snake (09-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,668 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8594 View Post
    I'm getting to the point where I am leaning that way too. Maybe in younger years I could have "retrained" my posture, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it's something that is ingrained.
    No.

Just identify as someone who has no anterior pelvic tilt.

Done. Problem solved.

You shall know the truth and the truth will make you odd.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (09-19-2019)