How’s my routine?

Reaction score
So I have 3 separate days:
  1. shoulders, triceps, biceps
  2. chest and back
  3. legs
My sets for each are 3x12 with 30 second breaks (I’m mostly working out to keep a good lean look)

i start each set set with a weight I can hardly do 12 reps with. Depending on how easy it was i’ll Start the next set with the same weight or drop 5lbs. If I can’t finish the next set then I drop 5lbs and finish the set with an extra rep at the end if I can. Sometimes I have to drop 3-4 times just to finish all 3 sets. The short break between drops is roughly 10 seconds as I grab the next dumbbell or switch plates.

I change my sets every 4-6 months to 3x8 or 4x4 depending on my current goal. Right now i’m cutting so I’m sticking to 3x12.

Is the the way I do my sets a problem though? I mean I see great improvements with it, I look great and i’m Well proportioned but I want to make sure i’m Not cheating myself from more gains. Any tips or advice?

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
Whatever is working, keep doing it until you stop seeing results. For me, I’d do that 3days on, 1 day off, 3days on. 6 training days a week.
Everyone has their own way and they all work until they don’t. Consistency is the key! Diet, sleep, train.

Max

Reaction score
Whatever is working, keep doing it until you stop seeing results. For me, I’d do that 3days on, 1 day off, 3days on. 6 training days a week.
Everyone has their own way and they all work until they don’t. Consistency is the key! Diet, sleep, train.

Max

Thats mostly why I keep doing it, I keep seeing results. Getting my diet on point has taking a long time but I’ve finally got that down for my cutting cycle. I train 6-7 days a week, only taking a rest day when I have duty where I have to be on the ship for 36hours. Being active duty makes training and dieting a bit hard

Reaction score

Max

Thats mostly why I keep doing it, I keep seeing results. Getting my diet on point has taking a long time but I’ve finally got that down for my cutting cycle. I train 6-7 days a week, only taking a rest day when I have duty where I have to be on the ship for 36hours. Being active duty makes training and dieting a bit hard

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score

Keep up doing the good work and I appreciate your service!

Max

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Put legs in between them an day 4 should be a layoff. It will help your recovery.

Reaction score
Hey Snake, What would you suggest for a 3-4 day program for Body Recomp?

New Threads