Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16
  1. #1
    Member JTB3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Pre workout meal/shake

    Hey dudes/dudettes.
    Typically, I take in my calories with a fork and knife....However, there are rare occasions where time isnt on my side, but I still need some preworkout carbs/protein. I mix protein powder, lactose free milk, and oats. But I always feel bloated afterwards. I'm going to try over-cooking rice the night before, rendering it mushy. Next morning I'll blend it with the shake instead of oats. The theory being that I'll digest this better/quicker. I'll let yall know how it goes.




  2. #2
    Elite Rhino99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    1,297
    Thanked 721 Times in 453 Posts
    try a plant powder instead of whey.
    I take vega premium sport I think its the best tasting plant protein out there

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino99 For This Useful Post:

    daddyboul (09-19-2019),TODAY (09-19-2019)

  4. #3
    Member JTB3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino99 View Post
    try a plant powder instead of whey.
    I take vega premium sport I think its the best tasting plant protein out there
    I'll have to try that when this tub is empty


  5. #4
    Elite Gibsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    4,512
    Thanks
    5,040
    Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,325 Posts
    1 piece of daves killa bread with pb2 spread and a banana, like a taco. boom.

  6. #5
    Member JTB3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonator View Post
    1 piece of daves killa bread with pb2 spread and a banana, like a taco. boom.
    I like the white bread done right!



  7. #6
    Elite
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 280 Times in 150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino99 View Post
    try a plant powder instead of whey.
    I take vega premium sport I think its the best tasting plant protein out there
    Agreed.

    I make:
    Vega protein
    1 banana
    Blueberries
    Frozen spinach
    Almond milk

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TODAY For This Useful Post:

    Rhino99 (09-19-2019)

  9. #7
    Member JTB3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TODAY View Post
    Agreed.

    I make:
    Vega protein
    1 banana
    Blueberries
    Frozen spinach
    Almond milk
    My go-to if time isnt an issue is chicken and jasmine rice. Clean energy and strong AF.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to JTB3318 For This Useful Post:

    Gibsonator (09-19-2019)

  11. #8
    Senior Member daddyboul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTB3318 View Post
    Hey dudes/dudettes.
    Typically, I take in my calories with a fork and knife....However, there are rare occasions where time isnt on my side, but I still need some preworkout carbs/protein. I mix protein powder, lactose free milk, and oats. But I always feel bloated afterwards. I'm going to try over-cooking rice the night before, rendering it mushy. Next morning I'll blend it with the shake instead of oats. The theory being that I'll digest this better/quicker. I'll let yall know how it goes.
    Im not sure what kinda powder you are using but im gonna assume whey. I can drink milk all day but one scoop of whey obliterates my stomach. Like others have said, try a plant based one, but it doesnt neccessarily have to be plant. My stomach fairs well with egg protein powder too, you just gotta find what works best for you

  12. #9
    Member JTB3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyboul View Post
    Im not sure what kinda powder you are using but im gonna assume whey. I can drink milk all day but one scoop of whey obliterates my stomach. Like others have said, try a plant based one, but it doesnt neccessarily have to be plant. My stomach fairs well with egg protein powder too, you just gotta find what works best for you
    It's a blend. Syntha 6. It's not the problem. Pretty sure it's the oats. They give me the "BGs" and I'm making green clouds all day lol.


  13. #10
    Senior Member daddyboul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTB3318 View Post
    It's a blend. Syntha 6. It's not the problem. Pretty sure it's the oats. They give me the "BGs" and I'm making green clouds all day lol.
    Thats very likely too, I glossed right over that on accident. I actually have bloating problems with oats too, probably the way it expands when it comes into contact with the stomach.

  14. #11
    Member JTB3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I know oats **** me up.... but damn kodiak cake products taste amazing.


  15. #12
    Elite Uncle manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,095
    Thanks
    1,431
    Thanked 495 Times in 347 Posts
    Oatmeal cream pie pw

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle manny For This Useful Post:

    Jin (09-19-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. On the go Pre Workout Meal
    By gomad75 in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-08-2016, 11:08 AM
  2. Pre Workout During Workout?
    By Guns4hire in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 04:41 PM
  3. pre workout meal
    By Fsuphisig in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
  4. Pre-workout meal macro
    By timfarr95 in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 12:40 PM
  5. My Weight gainer and/or Meal replacement shake
    By NeoPT in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •