Pre workout meal/shake

Reaction score
Hey dudes/dudettes.
Typically, I take in my calories with a fork and knife....However, there are rare occasions where time isnt on my side, but I still need some preworkout carbs/protein. I mix protein powder, lactose free milk, and oats. But I always feel bloated afterwards. I'm going to try over-cooking rice the night before, rendering it mushy. Next morning I'll blend it with the shake instead of oats. The theory being that I'll digest this better/quicker. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
try a plant powder instead of whey.
I take vega premium sport I think its the best tasting plant protein out there

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
1 piece of daves killa bread with pb2 spread and a banana, like a taco. boom.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
try a plant powder instead of whey.
I take vega premium sport I think its the best tasting plant protein out there
Agreed.

I make:
Vega protein
1 banana
Blueberries
Frozen spinach
Almond milk

daddyboul

Reaction score
Hey dudes/dudettes.
Typically, I take in my calories with a fork and knife....However, there are rare occasions where time isnt on my side, but I still need some preworkout carbs/protein. I mix protein powder, lactose free milk, and oats. But I always feel bloated afterwards. I'm going to try over-cooking rice the night before, rendering it mushy. Next morning I'll blend it with the shake instead of oats. The theory being that I'll digest this better/quicker. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Im not sure what kinda powder you are using but im gonna assume whey. I can drink milk all day but one scoop of whey obliterates my stomach. Like others have said, try a plant based one, but it doesnt neccessarily have to be plant. My stomach fairs well with egg protein powder too, you just gotta find what works best for you

Reaction score
Im not sure what kinda powder you are using but im gonna assume whey. I can drink milk all day but one scoop of whey obliterates my stomach. Like others have said, try a plant based one, but it doesnt neccessarily have to be plant. My stomach fairs well with egg protein powder too, you just gotta find what works best for you
It's a blend. Syntha 6. It's not the problem. Pretty sure it's the oats. They give me the "BGs" and I'm making green clouds all day lol.

daddyboul

Reaction score
It's a blend. Syntha 6. It's not the problem. Pretty sure it's the oats. They give me the "BGs" and I'm making green clouds all day lol.

Thats very likely too, I glossed right over that on accident. I actually have bloating problems with oats too, probably the way it expands when it comes into contact with the stomach.

Reaction score
I know oats **** me up.... but damn kodiak cake products taste amazing.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It’s likely the fiber in the oats. If you don’t want to spend time over-cooking your rice as you mentioned, you can just get cream of rice. Personally I like whey isolate with rice cakes and either almond or peanut butter pre-workout, drizzled with honey.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Whey, ice cream, blueberries, psyllium husk, macadamia oil and milk. I also use the syntha 6 protein at the moment but if you are sensitive to lactose, try dymatize iso 100

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
It could also be the casein in your syntha 6. Casein is not for everyone.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Syntha 6 also contains sugar alcohols which some people do not tolerate particularly well.

New Threads