Sweet tooth ...

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
i switched from peanut butter to PB2 a few months back.
way less fat, still protein packed.
tastes great.
comes as powder so you have to mix with water.
pro tip: add 1/2 scoop protein powder per 2 tbs pb2 for super protein pb ;)

i do the same! It beats eating way too much peanut butter and fooking up your macros!

ACP

Reaction score
2 cap fulls of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and chugg it, then see if you still want anything sweet... it completely kills the craving for me

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you get the sweet tooth cravings, eat fruit. Try pigging out on apples, go ahead, it's hard. By the 4th, you'll be ready to vomit.

Even if you manage to overeat fruit, it'll be FAR less Cals than if you chose treats to eat.

Dog-guy

Reaction score
Chocolate protein, scoop of peanut butter and a banana cures my sweet tooth every time

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get some sugar free store brand Jello. No carbs and it fills the sweet tooth void.

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the tips. I started the week with an intermittent fasting day and had scrambled egg and mushrooms later. And since then, it's been good, banana pancakes with stevia and apple with peanut butter, and mixing Yoghurt, BCAA and Inulin into my breakfast musli. I stuck to my workout routine as well. This little guest is helping too. He gives me little kisses during my triceps pushups, when I'm close to the floor :)IMG_3370.jpg

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
So, my diet is getting better, 5/2 is working, I am now 53.5kg and fasting days are no longer a challenge, i.e. not feeling like bingeing any more when I haven't eaten for 16 hours. I include more fish and chicken and the PB2 is great in pancakes, the texture is nicer than using peanut flour.
Slipped with the workout last week for different reasons, not sleeping brilliantly well because I am looking at career change and also this Brexit business ... Been out walking and dancing over the weekend and too tired to work out and have a bit of a cold. I used to be able to get rid of a cold by working out but it's different now, unfortunately, and I am too worried about doing damage - not 25 any more and accepting some of it ... not whining just noting and stating. I feel very lucky in general with my condition and health.
So, every other week has been successful with the exercising and weights. There is room for improvement and the time I planned to post the next picture to show off positive change has been kicked down the road. Not proud of it but I am really motivated. New week, new re-start, focus!!

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
So, I saw a nutrition documentary over the weekend and discovered that when the body processes sugar, it produces water as a side product. That's why a lot of people have an appetite for sugar when in fact they need liquids.
New habit: When I fancy something sweet, I will drink a glass of water. If appetite for sweet flavour persists after 2-3 glasses of water, I will have some fruit as well.

New Threads