Thoughts on this cycle to tighten up a bit

Bullcrew

Reaction score
Sat crossfit and run
Sunday ran 8 miles in hills, lifted for 2 hours heavy and failure
Today crossfit 11am (35 strict hands stand pushups, 250 double unders and hiit training, pulled calf muscle), spin 515 and then lift for an hour heavy

Reactions: CJ

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
wait, you got injured doing crossfit? I'll be damned! :32 (13):
hopefully a quick recovery, careful dude!

Bullcrew

Reaction score
wait, you got injured doing crossfit? I'll be damned! :32 (13):
hopefully a quick recovery, careful dude!

Lmao wish it were semi cool I actually pulled it while doing 250 double unders.....we ran alot lately and I worked legs out like a beast last week....yesterday we put in several mile run of hills and trail. I felt it cramp at 237 and kept going.

Its usually strength competitions that get me injured during lanes I wont back off
I ripped this calf muscle last year at competition it was 7th obstacle in of 12 and I was throwing a 215lb atlas stone from ground over shoulder 5 times....ripped on 3rd one...still finished the rest of lane ran to finish and got 3rd place.

So this calf was already missing a large chunk of muscle...itll be good I'm doing a cortisol shot before lanes next time due to shoulder injury.

Thanks and yeah itll heal up, I'll back off a little and keep icing it....wont stop just ease up

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I always popped a calf once a year doing dubs. Worst was a few years back, warming up for that du/t2b/clean open workout. Had to do that one on one leg, did NOT go well! :32 (18):

Bullcrew

Reaction score
I always popped a calf once a year doing dubs. Worst was a few years back, warming up for that du/t2b/clean open workout. Had to do that one on one leg, did NOT go well! :32 (18):

Glad to hear you bucked up and did it...good for you...��
I competed last year with a broken left wrist and a right ripped calf muscle.. Podiumed both times at strength competitions had to really wrap it up and fight it for CrossFit.

Did you find a way to protect calf muscle, mines been distorted since I ripped it out last year. Thank God for having good calfs but even then they dont hold sometimes

Last edited:

Bullcrew

Reaction score
Forgot to add I LOVE THE CRAZY DREAMS...Lmao some oddball shit goes through my head when I sleep....

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Glad to hear you bucked up and did it...good for you...��

Did you find a way to protect calf muscle, mines been distorted since I ripped it out last year. Thank God for having good calfs but even then they dont hold sometimes

No, I snapped an Achille's a few years back, and that calf never recovered it's size, even though it feels fine now. The other calf has to pick up the slack, and sometimes it got to be too much, and i would get a strain.

Bullcrew

Reaction score
No, I snapped an Achille's a few years back, and that calf never recovered it's size, even though it feels fine now. The other calf has to pick up the slack, and sometimes it got to be too much, and i would get a strain.

Yeah mine are different shapes now lol...well crap I dont want to pop anything else. I already compensate with left shoulder I ripped tendons and muscles free from skull to shoulder 5 years ago...so I have a big missing void when I flex lol

Aside of compensating for the other one how is it for competition?????

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Aside of compensating for the other one how is it for competition?????

I stopped about a year ago, so fine now! :32 (18):
But DU's paired with running always was a problem. The good calf would be screaming.

Bullcrew

Reaction score
I stopped about a year ago, so fine now! :32 (18):
But DU's paired with running always was a problem. The good calf would be screaming.

Lol well not doing it is 1 way lol....glad it's all going good for you. My problem is I'm fine power wise for crossfit normally but I do strength and I want to sit at 245lbs at 4% and give classic a shot....boys in my range 6'3 we are allowed 245lbs I'm sitting 233 in the morning and around 8% right now..so I need to add lean mass hold it and cut and do it again....

I read part of your post and yes once your skinny it's hard for your body to hold onto new weight it takes 4 months at new weight to reset genetic limits to not try and dump excess weig kn t to get back to homeostasis

Bullcrew

Reaction score
Well I decided to go ahead and continue eating alot and push harder cardio and hiit..
Was going to drop carbs way back to normal diet but decided I'll fo ahead and lean pack mass and get my cardio back but will keep calories 3500 to 4k and keep carbs up for now....

I'll keep the mast in the mix I'm still around 9 to 10% and up weight....but muscles are getting defined even with this mix.

Bullcrew

Reaction score
Lifts are slightly up
365 up on bench (pr)
385 squat (pr)
Haven't done dead lift yet but 560 is my old
Started to shed a little haven't dieted good yet actually eating like I'm bulking because I know how tren will go after everything with me....so I have kept my carbs HIGH and calories up to help deal with the food burn hit....when it kicks i can eat anything and I drop fat amd makes harder to gain...so I decided to pre eat lol.....gain more lean while it decides to strip fat.....

Now this is just a personal test to see if it works because I know how tren at 450mg week effects me that's why I'm 250mg a week and pre eating....
If it doesn't work I still wont gain alot but I get to enjoy eating stuff I normally avoid....so I still win.....

Bullcrew

Reaction score
Ok tren has kicked in starting 2 nights ago. Started with some sweating after eating cereal...tonight cant sleep and a bit if stress.... ate 5 fig bars, 1 granola bar and some cereal (right before bed, it's a no no lmao).sweat my balls off and laid there in bed trying to make sweat angels....so went downstairs to couch under a fan....
So cant sleep a bit of anxiety and sweating lol...time to get ripped now its kicking in....right on time I seem to be around a 4 week mark for tren e to kick.....

So here's my take:::::
At 250mg test and 450mg tren last run I had little to no sides...a bit of sweating 3 days of trensomnia....a bit of anxiety but nothing major....
NOW
300mg tren 500mg test I seem to have the same sides and sweating a bit more pronounced...last time I was overly self critical and monitoring so I think I may have elevated them a smidge with anticipation from reading as I think others do as well...we read how nasty they can be and first runs for people are usually the most anticipated...

So less tren higher test the sides seem a bit more pronounced even at such a small dose of tren...

Last edited:

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
interesting. also coming up on week 4, 1st time running tren e for me, only ace previously.
never had the night sweats but i think that's cause 1. I literally sweat everything out in the gym everynight and 2. i sleep with the room set at 60 degrees :)
have ran it low test/low tren, low test/high tren and this run is a bit higher for both (600/600) so we shall see....

Bullcrew

Reaction score
interesting. also coming up on week 4, 1st time running tren e for me, only ace previously.
never had the night sweats but i think that's cause 1. I literally sweat everything out in the gym everynight and 2. i sleep with the room set at 60 degrees :)
have ran it low test/low tren, low test/high tren and this run is a bit higher for both (600/600) so we shall see....

Keep me posted.....high test low tren is for sure more potent for me including lifts, power and swole......just eat a bunch of carbs , kick back and WHAM!!!!!start to pour out of each pore....

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
oh forgot to mention ive heard a lot of guys say to stay away from carbs closer to bed time to avoid the sweats, i personally havent had that issue but it's a good place to atart if its getting to be too much.
and yea my current plan has me at 420 carbs, 600 on leg days (twice/week)

Bullcrew

Reaction score
oh forgot to mention ive heard a lot of guys say to stay away from carbs closer to bed time to avoid the sweats, i personally havent had that issue but it's a good place to atart if its getting to be too much.
and yea my current plan has me at 420 carbs, 600 on leg days (twice/week)

Wow.....that's slot of carbs...I never go above 200 when bulking...I may need to rethink my diet for a trial diet...high carbs lower protein and minimal fat.

Yeah man I eat carbs and it's time to make sweat Angel's.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I have ZERO experience with Tren, but I was listening to a podcast recently with a guy who does prep for bodybuilders, and he was saying that Tren's sides can be avoided by injecting it in the morning, preferably before the gym, to let the body deal with the sudden influx during the day, before you go to bed.

Also said that smaller, daily injections can prevent the side effects too.

Again, ZERO experience, just repeating what I heard.

Last edited:

New Threads