Crashed test

Reaction score
I have some test that I’ve had a while from a known very good source that I noticed today has crashed.

Whats the best way to bring it back?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
take a cup of water no more then half way full put it in the microwave for 1 min..Take it out and put the bottle in it ..Dont let the water get above the rubber stopper..Leave it in the cup for 30 sec..Repeat if the first time doesnt work

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I've found that it helps to give the vial a shake halfway through warming it to break up any big crystals.

Reactions: CJ

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Anyreason for not letting the rubber stopper going under the water? Im guessing it has something to do with bacteria?

Just curious because I've been setting mine in warm water but didnt pay attention to the rubber stopper. Will be paying closer attention in the future.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyreason for not letting the rubber stopper going under the water? Im guessing it has something to do with bacteria?

Just curious because I've been setting mine in warm water but didnt pay attention to the rubber stopper. Will be paying closer attention in the future.
just to be on the safe side

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whether the stopper gets wet technically shouldn't matter. It's obviously capable of stopping the movement of liquid and you have to swab it prior to each use anyway.

I don't like allowing for chance to get involved, plus the rubber isn't something you need to heat anyway.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
put the vial in the center of a glass measuring cup

carefully add water up to the steel band line of the vial

remove the vial

microwave to the start of boil

remove the measuring cup

let stand 1 min.

then gently lower the vial into the water

let sit 2 mins.

remove the vial shake it

be really careful while doing this

it usually takes 3 to 4 times to fully resuspend the product

be really carefull not to drop the vial on a hard surface

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just stick the vial on the coffee maker plate for a few minutes. Swirl it a few times as it heats up and dissolves. Easy no fuss way.

New Threads