HCG diet - strict diet of 500 calories per day

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
https://cleanstartweightloss.com/the-program/video-overview/

The above link is an overview of what a weightloss dr sent a female friend of mine earlier today.

Basically is a super strict diet of 500 calories per day and daily injections of HCG. The program can last from 23-45 days. If she hasn't lost the weight she wants to lose, she can do the program again, but has to wait 6 weeks.

Have any of you known anyone that actually participated in this type of program? The cost is varies greatly with a range of $25-$500 (depending on what program you choose).

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
https://cleanstartweightloss.com/the-program/video-overview/

The above link is an overview of what a weightloss dr sent a female friend of mine earlier today.

Basically is a super strict diet of 500 calories per day and daily injections of HCG. The program can last from 23-45 days. If she hasn't lost the weight she wants to lose, she can do the program again, but has to wait 6 weeks.

Have any of you known anyone that actually participated in this type of program? The cost is varies greatly with a range of $25-$500 (depending on what program you choose).

It was really popular about 5 years ago with mixed results. It's a starvation diet is all, so yes... it works. Watch for the rebound.

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah, I can only imagine the rebound weight gain. I'd hate for her to spend $500 only to gain all if not more back.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
It’s dumb. (Simple as that)

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The study (science) was limited to a few people and only a few of those people had a positive response. Most likely the results came from the low calories and not from the HCG.....

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I have known people that have done that a few years back and by looking at them now, you would think they didn't know what the word diet meant. I honestly think it does more harm than good. I wouldn't touch it.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It was really popular about 5 years ago with mixed results. It's a starvation diet is all, so yes... it works. Watch for the rebound.

The study (science) was limited to a few people and only a few of those people had a positive response. Most likely the results came from the low calories and not from the HCG.....

u starve, you lose weight.....But you can starve for free...??

rebound is very likely

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

^^ THIS ^^ Want to get BRAD PITT SHREDDED!!?!? Buy my magic potion for only $19.99 Oh Yea Only eat like 500 calories a day too...

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
A month on 500cal!?! No thanks, id probably end up chewing my own arm off

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I can’t even sleep through the night without consuming 500 cals

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
My wife tried this. We did it on our own and she used HCG I used to get from my TRT doc. She lost weight but eating that little calories who wouldn't? She felt crappy and was weak. She went almost 3 weeks and canned it.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I always figured that this works for people because if they're spending a bunch of money and injecting they are more likely to stick to the extreme low cal diet..

Reactions: Jin

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score

The rebound is real... I've seen it many times

El Gringo

Reaction score
If I were to eat only 500 calories/day I think I’d find meth to work alongside a lot better than HCG.
Sounds like torture.