Steroids, Mental Health, And Maintaining Relationships

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Hi everyone

The title says it all, im looking to shed some light on the subject relating to how steroids affect a users mental health, and in doing this does your relationships with girlfriends, friends and family suffer? Certain steroids more than others

The reason I'm saying this is that I've been recently cycling with Test, Anadrol and Tren.
MY history with Tren; I've added it to about 3 previous cycles. The first two times I only lasted 2 weeks before side effects became unbearable. The third time I used a low dose and got to running it for 5 weeks but it was making me emotionally cold to others and I didnt like it so I removed it once again.

Now I haven't cycled in a while and decided to bulk on Test 750mg, Tren 350mg, Anadrol 100mg, after a week I scrapped Tren because I was beginning to feel to coldness about to start and I have a new girlfriend so I didn't want to go down that road. I don't know If I will ever use tren again, its an amazing drug but clearly the side effects are too much for me.
However on week 3 now of test and anadrol. I'm feeling slightly depressed, low mood and I notice its affecting my relationships with family and girlfriend a bit. Would it be the anadrol? This is the first time I've used anadrol so I have no experience to refer to. I can't find any anecdotal information from others about their anadrol use in terms of how you feel on it.

Some may say this is part of the game, you can't get all the benefit without the negative. And thats true. If I want to go down that road and suck it up to put on as much size and strength as possible and not give a shit about health or happiness then I could. But thats not my goal, I don't have that do or die bodybuilder mentality. Happiness and longevity come first for me, then gains.

My question is how does anadrol make you feel IYE?
Would something else be affecting my mood in terms of AI's, Prolactin Inhibitors like caber etc.?
How do you guys handle your relationships when your on a cycle, or are you lucky and don't get affected in that way?

I ruined my last relationship last year due to steroids and I don't want to **** up this one.

I look forward to hearing your views and insights.
Thanks

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Just drop the anadrol and get your bloods drawn few weeks later. See anything else going on. How much caber or AI are you taking?

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Just drop the anadrol and get your bloods drawn few weeks later. See anything else going on. How much caber or AI are you taking?

Arimidex 1mg Mon/Wed/Fri
Caber 1mg Monday and Thursdays
Nolva 20mg Monday and Thursday (for the anadrol induced gyno that arimidex won't stop)

I never felt as good as when I cruised on 300mg Test most of the year up until this cycle but my problem with testosterone is that I can't maintain any decent strength without another steroid. Testosterone does very little to gain strength.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Thats a a lot of caber, I took 0.5mg twice a week on 600mg tren only when I noticed sides

Arimidex 1mg Mon/Wed/Fri
Caber 1mg Monday and Thursdays
Nolva 20mg Monday and Thursday (for the anadrol induced gyno that arimidex won't stop)

I never felt as good as when I cruised on 300mg Test most of the year up until this cycle but my problem with testosterone is that I can't maintain any decent strength without another steroid. Testosterone does very little to gain strength.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My patience with people has a lot to do with blood pressure and sleep. If I am doing something that raises my Bp or causes lack of sleep I need to keep myself in check until I can get those back into a good place.

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
My patience with people has a lot to do with blood pressure and sleep. If I am doing something that raises my Bp or causes lack of sleep I need to keep myself in check until I can get those back into a good place.

my problem isnt so much patience mine is moreso that I feel shit and depressed. I dont find things funny like I used to. Im nearly sure it must be the Anadrol so I’ll cut it out and see how if my mood picks up again.

I’ll also lower my caber dose maybe 0.5mg twice a week same as Trump

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I dont think you need any while your not on the tren. I might be wrong hopefully someone else will confirm

my problem isnt so much patience mine is moreso that I feel shit and depressed. I dont find things funny like I used to. Im nearly sure it must be the Anadrol so I’ll cut it out and see how if my mood picks up again.

I’ll also lower my caber dose maybe 0.5mg twice a week same as Trump

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
I dont think you need any while your not on the tren. I might be wrong hopefully someone else will confirm

I would have agreed with you but i got bloodwork a few months ago and my prolactin was massively above average like 450 and the range is like 75-323 or something so thats why I run caber to get it back down. My next bloods I’ll see where the prolactin level is and adjust my dose accordingly

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Its trial and error.
Im on TRT but an increased dose so that is always on but ive added and tried
Tren
primo
eq
tbol
masteron
npp
anavar
proviron

The first 4 fuk my mind, especially tren. I get depressed, annoyed, agitated, borderline violent and ready to fuk somebody up. Tren being the worst I lasted 5 weeks on it the first time, and 1 week the second time because I knew what to watch out for.

Through trial and error ive found my cycle will always be test, npp, mast and var with possibly.
Of course I keep a watchful eye and get labs every 2 months but things change quickly and ive learned what to look for with that also so I adjust my exemestane dose depending. Also take caber .5 every 7-10 days when on npp and for 4-5 weeks after.

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Its trial and error.
Im on TRT but an increased dose so that is always on but ive added and tried
Tren
primo
eq
tbol
masteron
npp
anavar
proviron

The first 4 fuk my mind, especially tren. I get depressed, annoyed, agitated, borderline violent and ready to fuk somebody up. Tren being the worst I lasted 5 weeks on it the first time, and 1 week the second time because I knew what to watch out for.

Through trial and error ive found my cycle will always be test, npp, mast and var with possibly.
Of course I keep a watchful eye and get labs every 2 months but things change quickly and ive learned what to look for with that also so I adjust my exemestane dose depending. Also take caber .5 every 7-10 days when on npp and for 4-5 weeks after.

Thanks for this bud good info. Your right about trial and error. Ive had no side effects from anadrol which I couldnt believe but obviously this is tue first side effect im experiencing. Its was too good to be true.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
The isssue isn’t the steroids.

What are your priorities in life?

Are you so focused on yourself during your cycle that minor disturbances turn into major obstacles?

How do you set yourself up daily to be prepared to treat others well and not let externals bother you?

I’ve had rough runs with tren when I was constantly irritated with my wife and family and I’ve had blissful runs.

It comes down to awareness/mindfulness.

When you’re on a heavy cycle it can be emotionally like sailing in gale force winds with all sails up:

if you’re unaware of the strong winds you can be blown here and there and even capsize.

If you’re aware of the storm and have enough skill, the ride can be thrilling, blissful and can get you to your goals faster with no harm to you or your passengers.

Mind>everything else.

My .02

If you don’t have the ability to navigate potentially adverse (and potentially amazing) conditions, don’t sail into the storm.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
If Jin ever decided to go back to school, he would excel in Philosophy.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If Jin ever decided to go back to school, he would excel in Philosophy.

What makes you think I ever went to school in the first place?

And if I did why wouldn’t you assume I had already excelled in Philosophy?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Are you currently on tren? Is this blissful sailing or gale force winds with the sails up?

Regarding the OP's original questions/statements....everything you've discussed is up to you. There are definitely compounds that affect me more than others, but your intestinal fortitude is required to ensure that you maintain your shit at a high operational level. Some could say steroids ****ed up a relationship for me, however the truth is that relationship was already doomed, had been for a decade or more.

My wife is soothing to me. I tell her all the time she is my Xanax. If your girl is not a calming influence you will struggle no matter what. Regardless, be a man and handle your business if you're going to play this game.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I have to agree with Jin and HWC on this one. Blaming behavior on steroids is analogous to the good old "the alcohol made me hit her". Just stop. No, no it didn't. I won't argue that hormones can affect mood. But if that's a problem you encounter you either need to be mindful and vigilant of your behavior while on, or don't do them. You should be mindful of your behavior on or off anyway. That is, after all, the only thing any of us has control over.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I really like Jin's analogy, and I'd like to possibly piggy back onto it.

If some compounds make the "storm" more violent than others, wouldnt it be a better choice to not use those drugs, or at least try less of them to where the "storm" is more manageable?

I may be wrong, but I hear it all the time..."don't use a drug past the point where the negatives get to be too much".

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score

I was paying you a compliment, lol.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Time off is tough on the head but really binds me up is big injuries where extended time off (gym or otherwise)is required and you have little to no warning. That messes with my head and moods.

New Threads