Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

First cycle critique. Test + Anavar.

Hey SI,

I'm finally getting ready to run my first cycle. I will be 28 years old in a few weeks, 6'0, 170 lbs, lean. I'll post up some pics soon. Also will do preliminary blood work before I start the cycle which I will post up as well. This cycle will start in about a month or so.

Cycle info:

I have Test E 275, so I plan to run either 1 mg e4d or 2 x a week. which is either 481.25 mg per week or 550 mg per week.

I plan to run Test for 12 weeks.

I plan to switch over to Test Prop for the last 3 weeks in order to more accurately estimate the hormone clearing my system and the beginning of PCT. Run the prop at maybe 125mg eod, which is 437.5mg per week. However, since we all know prop has more hormone per mg than enanthate, I think this should be roughly equilivant to the 481.25mg of enanthate per week. I can't seem to find the thread that has all of the weights of hormone of each ester right now.

I have also decided that I'd like to add anavar to this cycle. I'd like the extra strength gains, I like lean muscle, I don't really want to get bloated, etc. Might as well go a little bigger if I'm gonna do it.

I'm thinking anavar weeks 5-12 @ 50mg/day or 75mg/day.

I am planning on running HCG e3d @250IU during cycle, then a blast of maybe 500IU EOD for 10 days after I stop the prop. Then its on to a standard nolva/clomid PCT.

I will have aromasin on hand. was thinking about running it really low, like 6.25/day from the beginning and seeing how I feel from there. Or I may just hold on to it until I need it. Also considering running it during PCT.

So, in summary.

Weeks 1-9 Test E @ 481.25 mg/week
    Weeks 10-12 Test prop @ 437.5 mg/week
    Weeks 5-12 Anavar @ 50 or 75 mg/day
    Weeks 1-12 HCG @ 250IU e3d
    Aromasin on hand

Day after last Prop injection: HCG blast, 500IU EOD for 10 days

Day after HCG blast, start PCT
    clomid 50/50/50/50
    Nolva 20/20/10/10/10/10
    Aromasin 25mg ED during PCT

Please give any and all feedback. I'm sure this is far from perfect and I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

I'm especially concerned about:

1. How exactly to time switching from Enanthate to Prop as far as injection schedule goes.

2. My HCG blast and the amount I should use for it, given that I've run it @ 250 e3d all cycle.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Zeek

Re: First cycle critique. Test + Anavar.

First off, you have done a great job researching!

I personally do not like to use any hcg during PCT, every time that I have done so my recovery seems to have been drug out longer.

If you really want to do an hcg blast perhaps skip the prop at the end idea and just start the blast the day after last test E inject. which would be at the end of week 12 in this case.

Since test will take a while to kick in maybe run the var weeks 1-7 or 8 at the front end of the cycle so things get moving for you faster than wiating 4-5 weeks for the test E to fully kick in.

Also for PCt the nolva and clomid will handle any gyno that could come your way from the crash phase, you really are helped by it since that sends additional signals for your body to start producing it's own testosterone.

PCT and hcg use is not an exact science, so many guys play with things and do things differently and still recover! You will have to try different things over your future cycles and then better for you to decide what works best for you.

Good work over all putting the cycle together and doing your research!

Thanks

Thanks for the response my man!

I was considering maybe just running the HCG as stated through the cycle, and then just going directly into PCT without a blast. I guess if I keep my Leydig cells recieving signals the whole cycle my testes should be ready to go into PCT without an additional HCG blast right?

Also, are you saying that I shouldn't use an AI during PCT? that clomid and nolva will be adequate to do the job? I read a few recommendations elsewhere that aromasin during PCT is helpful.

Frontloading the anavar isn't a bad idea either, both the front and back load have their appeal. I'd love to hear opinions from others about which would be better for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,315 Times in 7,902 Posts
    No gear for you!!! 170lbs at 6 feet means you Aren't eating. Not flaming OP but you're not ready.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Zeek

I never fully understood the use of an Ai during PCT since you won't get gyno using clomid and nolva. All it will be doing is reducing system wide estrogen which as I pointed out is not a bad thing in PCT! can really speed things up, your body receiving signals from different sources to kick start production, higher than normal estrogen will trigger the body to kick out some test!

We do have fans of the hcg blast here hopefully they chime in with their experiences for you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    No gear for you!!! 170lbs at 6 feet means you Aren't eating. Not flaming OP but you're not ready.
    I understand your concern POB, and I was expecting someone to say something along those lines, but I believe that I do understand diet pretty well. My goal hasn't always been to gain weight. For a while I was comfortable being super lean @ 150 lbs, lots of running, sports, strength/endurance lifting, super duper clean and fairly light diet... But I've shifted my focus and gained 20 lbs.

What weight is the acceptable gear starting weight for a 6' 28 year old in your opinion?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    I never fully understood the use of an Ai during PCT since you won't get gyno using clomid and nolva. All it will be doing is reducing system wide estrogen which as I pointed out is not a bad thing in PCT! can really speed things up, your body receiving signals from different sources to kick start production, higher than normal estrogen will trigger the body to kick out some test!

We do have fans of the hcg blast here hopefully they chime in with their experiences for you
    Yeah I'd love to hear other peoples opinions and experience with the AI during PCT vs. no AI during PCT debate

Thanks

This might just be an matter of opinion but I would look towards something like this:

1-8: Anavar
    1-4 Test prop
    1-12 Test-E

I would do this for more kick at the beginning. Jumping from long ester to short is going to give you more kick at the end which is odd to me personally. Its not hard timing PCT coming off a long ester. 14 days from last injection is usually efficient. Once again though, just personal preference. i like the kick at the beginning because once that long estered test kicks in, that all the kick I need anyway!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,273 Times in 3,565 Posts

Im not sure if I go with the whole you gotta be 230 to do gear bs...I got a good friend he was 33 years old at 140 pounds lol started a test cycle by week 10 mother****ers up 30 pounds says he never felt this good in his life.He also says going to the gym eating right and doing gear saved his life cause he was headed in the wrong direction before he started.Not everyone can start gear at 230 some of us start at 180 and 170 and 140.Bahaha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    Yeah I'd love to hear other peoples opinions and experience with the AI during PCT vs. no AI during PCT debate
    I have always ran an AI through PCT to combat the possibility of rebound estro.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmuscle View Post
    This might just be an matter of opinion but I would look towards something like this:

1-8: Anavar
    1-4 Test prop
    1-12 Test-E

!
    i also like this. but you do want to gain 10-12 lb before starting, eat 100-200 extra clean cals each meal for a month...

see where that takes you

Banned
    Thanks

I like your plan bro and like is being said already front or back load is just a personal preffrence. Ai on PCT is not a must but it can be usefull for estro rebound like Nood said. HCG this is an area of very diffrent opinions as well, I didn`t run hcg during cycle but blast before PCT and my recovery looks to going fine. I think if you run hcg on cycle no need for blast at the end or viceverse. About wieght to start gear or not my opinion if you know what you do and know how to workout for me weight doesn`t matter if your not under weight like said your 6' at 130. That is very low and diet needs improvement but at your height and weight I don`t see why you are not ready for it. You really did your homework about AAS good job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast