Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15

Thread: Turkeys

  1. #1
    Elite Grizzly911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 279 Times in 194 Posts

    Turkeys

    Anyone here ever hunt, kill and eat turkeys? Turkey season coming up I think.


  2. #2
    Veteran Iron1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,238
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 2,730 Times in 1,148 Posts
    Can't say that I hunt them but sooner or later I'm bout to hit one (or several) in the truck.

    The things are everywhere up where I live often blocking my morning commute for a minute or so.
    My posts are for entertainment purposes only

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron1 For This Useful Post:

    BigGameHunter (10-08-2019)

  4. #3
    Elite Grizzly911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 279 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Can't say that I hunt them but sooner or later I'm bout to hit one (or several) in the truck.

    The things are everywhere up where I live often blocking my morning commute for a minute or so.
    Haha, sounds like lots of free food where you live.

  5. #4
    Elite CJ275's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    1,495
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 601 Posts
    Come to my house, shoot the loud fukkers off my roof!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ275 For This Useful Post:

    Grizzly911 (10-08-2019)

  7. #5
    Veteran BigGameHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Knots Landing
    Posts
    5,937
    Thanks
    8,736
    Thanked 6,715 Times in 2,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Can't say that I hunt them but sooner or later I'm bout to hit one (or several) in the truck.

    The things are everywhere up where I live often blocking my morning commute for a minute or so.
    Cool. They were like that at my Gmas place from time to time.

    I went turkey hunting with a guy at work a long time ago. He whispers “they are right down there, we’re going to have to belly crawl down there and get a shot.”

    I told him I know where we can kill these fuks with rocks. I’m not crawling on my stomach with a shotgun for a turkey.

    He crawled right down there and got one though. Dude was a good hunter though.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigGameHunter For This Useful Post:

    Grizzly911 (10-08-2019),Iron1 (10-09-2019),Jada (10-09-2019),NbleSavage (10-09-2019)

  9. #6
    Veteran snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    8,250
    Thanks
    6,588
    Thanked 10,454 Times in 4,496 Posts
    I have gone and failed miserably in my younger years. The trick around my area is to "Put 'em to bed". I use to go out on State Game land with no idea of where they were.

    This is funny but the first time out I got in early, got set up and at the crack of dawn, I was surrounded by 100 hens that I could hear but not see. Errrrk errrk errk. puk puk puk puk. Ow yeah baby, scoring on my first time out. At the end of shooting hours all 100 hunters left the woods. Fuukin dumb ass I was.

    As for eating wild turkey, had it, not great. Plucking the feathers sucks even with a scald. I have raised a few of them and truthfully, the best turkey you can get comes wrapped in plastic.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

    DF (10-09-2019),Grizzly911 (10-08-2019)

  11. #7
    Elite Grizzly911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 279 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ275 View Post
    Come to my house, shoot the loud fukkers off my roof!
    That's gotta be a pain in the ass, lol. What kind of bait did you put on the roof, lol?

  12. #8
    Elite Grizzly911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 279 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    I have gone and failed miserably in my younger years. The trick around my area is to "Put 'em to bed". I use to go out on State Game land with no idea of where they were.

    This is funny but the first time out I got in early, got set up and at the crack of dawn, I was surrounded by 100 hens that I could hear but not see. Errrrk errrk errk. puk puk puk puk. Ow yeah baby, scoring on my first time out. At the end of shooting hours all 100 hunters left the woods. Fuukin dumb ass I was.

    As for eating wild turkey, had it, not great. Plucking the feathers sucks even with a scald. I have raised a few of them and truthfully, the best turkey you can get comes wrapped in plastic.
    A few years back, I went over to my brother's house after thanksgiving because he said he had some wild turkey. I thought he was talking about real turkey and not the brand. Oh well. I gotta say that turkey is a very filling kind of meat. More so than chicken is.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzly911 For This Useful Post:

    snake (10-09-2019)

  14. #9
    Elite tinymk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    589
    Thanks
    670
    Thanked 851 Times in 349 Posts
    Hunted em several times. Hunting and the outdoors are a big part of me. It makes me happy. Turkey hunting in the spring is a blast.
    Best raw lifts on the platform
    Squat-600 Bench-512 Deadlift-683

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinymk For This Useful Post:

    Grizzly911 (10-09-2019),snake (10-09-2019)

  16. #10
    Elite Texan69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    981
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 521 Times in 285 Posts
    They require blackpowder for turkey hunting right?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Texan69 For This Useful Post:

    Grizzly911 (10-09-2019)

  18. #11
    Elite Grizzly911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 279 Times in 194 Posts
    Yeah, in some states I think.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzly911 For This Useful Post:

    Texan69 (10-09-2019)

  20. #12
    Elite tinymk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    589
    Thanks
    670
    Thanked 851 Times in 349 Posts
    Probably in some states. In mine you can use shotgun, black powder, rifle, crossbow and bow. I have taken most mine with a shotgun.
    Best raw lifts on the platform
    Squat-600 Bench-512 Deadlift-683

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinymk For This Useful Post:

    BigGameHunter (10-10-2019),Grizzly911 (10-09-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •