First Test E cycle.. Help

Reaction score
Hi,

So I am currently on week 5 of my test only cycle. Eating roughly 3,000 calories each day and I have not gained much weight let alone see any significant gains.

My cycle is 500mg of Test E a week. My choice of AI is Arimadex, however I have not began to take it since I am not noticing symptoms. I have Nolva available if need.

My question is, why aren't I gaining weight or experiencing remarkable gains? I have been working out for roughly 6 years, 3 which have been consistent. Therefor, I am confident in my training style. What is the issue?

Additionally, I got my gear from a trusted source, along with test labs.

Here are my stats.

23 Y/o
5'5
starting weight 132
current weight 137 (week 5)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Since you've already started...

Get bloodwork done. Should've had it done BEFORE too, but I'm assuming that you didn't.

If it is legit, you're just now reaching peak levels.

You've gained 5 pounds in 5 weeks, at a BW of 132lbs to start. That's progress.

How long is the cycle going to be? What are your plans for after?

Reaction score
I will be doing my cycle for 12 weeks. I have tried to get my blood work done, the doctors I have visited in my area will not order me the test. However, they are aware of what I am doing.

My plan, for after the cycle is over is to do a PCT, recover and continue to train. I may or may not continue with anabolics depending on my experience after this cycle.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
5lb and now the magic is about to happen, I don’t see an issue with that gain so soon. CJ will sort you out with the rest. FYI even though it’s too late your a bit young and a bit small to start a cycle. But now your on with a good pct you should be good

Reaction score
At first I was paranoid that the test was under dosed or even fake. Though I felt more full and stronger at week 3. After reading a lot of forms and reading that people made noticeable gains by week 4, I suppose I was just expecting the same for me.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I will be doing my cycle for 12 weeks. I have tried to get my blood work done, the doctors I have visited in my area will not order me the test. However, they are aware of what I am doing.

My plan, for after the cycle is over is to do a PCT, recover and continue to train. I may or may not continue with anabolics depending on my experience after this cycle.

I'm assuming that you live in the US. For the future...

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lp/female-hormone-testing.php

This works in MOST states. Only you see the results, no Dr's needed. Female panel is the correct one, don't worry, it's just a word.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry for this CRAZY question, but why are you taking AAS at 132 pounds? If you have worked out for 6 years and only weigh 132, AAS is not going to help. Its either a crappy diet or your training.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
5lb is noticeable gains your taking a slow acting compound and it’s not magic, if you want to gain more eat more, sleep more and train harder. It’s not gear that hinders the gains

At first I was paranoid that the test was under dosed or even fake. Though I felt more full and stronger at week 3. After reading a lot of forms and reading that people made noticeable gains by week 4, I suppose I was just expecting the same for me.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for this CRAZY question, but why are you taking AAS at 132 pounds? If you have worked out for 6 years and only weigh 132, AAS is not going to help. Its either a crappy diet or your training.

You leave him alone!!!

There's not many people here smaller than me, I don't want to lose another one! :32 (18):

Reaction score
Ideally, I was tired of not gaining the weight I wanted after years of training and trying different diets, I am about to graduate college and continue my career in a field which size does make a difference. I wanted to test myself, and have a little more motivation to train harder than I ever have. I understand I am a smaller male, regardless I wanted to try something I have wanted to do for some time now.

Reaction score
Yes, and the state where I am currently living are very strict in some aspects.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes, and the state where I am currently living are very strict in some aspects.

As long as you're not NY, NJ, or RI, we have a few places that'll work. Even if you're in those states, you can drive to a neighbor state if it's close enough.

If you're going to do this, might as well do it right. The bloodwork isn't really about testing your gear, it's keeping tabs on your liver, kidneys, lipids, and other things, like estrogen or prolactin. You can catch problems before they become PROBLEMS.

Plus, getting another round done AFTER pct will let you know if/how much you've recovered to baseline.

Reaction score
Thank you, I will just train harder and eat more. I know it has only been 5 weeks, I guess this being my very first cycle I was expecting more by now.
I appreciate all the comments.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you're going to stick around, go start an intro thread in the New Members section.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I would wait another week and then weigh yourself if it’s not going up increase your cals by 200 and weigh again in another week and so on. At some point it will start moving quicker or at least continue steady.

Thank you, I will just train harder and eat more. I know it has only been 5 weeks, I guess this being my very first cycle I was expecting more by now.
I appreciate all the comments.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I was hoping it was in kilos.

How bad is it that no one picked up on that. And to make it worse, it was Mo who spotted it. :32 (18):

Okay OP, forget the fact that you shouldn't be doing this. 5 lbs on what you're on is not bad at all. Good chance you don't see anything for 3-4 weeks regardless of who you are and where your at.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I think you will find I commented on that in my first reply thank you very much :32 (8):

How bad is it that no one picked up on that. And to make it worse, it was Mo who spotted it. :32 (18):

Okay OP, forget the fact that you shouldn't be doing this. 5 lbs on what you're on is not bad at all. Good chance you don't see anything for 3-4 weeks regardless of who you are and where your at.

Reaction score

So, i figured I would only gain a solid 15-20 pounds this entire 12 week cycle. I have been training harder and eating a lot more, and I'm worried that my results are not from the test, its just from eating more and lifting heavier.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Give it time, it takes about 4 weeks for the test E to build up to peak levels. You're just getting started.

And results are ALWAYS from the training and food. The drugs just help make it more efficient/effective.

Last edited:

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, i figured I would only gain a solid 15-20 pounds this entire 12 week cycle. I have been training harder and eating a lot more, and I'm worried that my results are not from the test, its just from eating more and lifting heavier.

Only 15-20lbs? that's pretty damn good especially at a 132 starting weight.