Deca or NPP?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Knowing you're an older guy helps some. I'll cut you some slack. Be honest please.

Give me these things:
How long have you been training in the gym?
What do your workouts look like?
How much do you weigh?
How tall are you?
Current estimated Bodyfat %?
Do you drink alcohol? How often?

Reaction score
0 alcohol.
1,95 meter tall
110 kilos
Thinking about 15-20% body-fat, but just guessing.
I am training good 5 times a week but only like 8-12 reps and moderate exercices.
I was in very good shape some years ago and am coming back soon.
I am very careful about what I eat and get regular blood-works done.
Colesterol very low, liver good, kidneys good, blood-pressure 130/85

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don’t know if it’s me or what but I’ve always had better luck with NPP,I’ve never had the problems I had with Deca ,I may be wrong just throwing my experiences in with it I always run it with long ester test and masteron

Reaction score
That is very interesting. Do you mean less shut-down of production? Or maybe less water-retention?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Of all esters to the same compound i found them to be the most different from each other

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
When you say safer, what are you meaning? These are drugs and the term "safe" is relative. They effect your BP, your cholesterol, retain water, and will shut down your natural production of test. You mentioned that your goal is slow gains. At 50 all gains are slow. I know, I am there. :) You are taking just a big TRT dosage that's it. Out of curiosity why are you adding Deca or NPP? Have you thought about just increasing the amount of test and just running that for the cycle?

Reaction score
It might be better just to use more testo and drop the npp. Added it just because I have heard it was good to heal joints.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
0 alcohol.
1,95 meter tall
110 kilos
Thinking about 15-20% body-fat, but just guessing.
I am training good 5 times a week but only like 8-12 reps and moderate exercices.
I was in very good shape some years ago and am coming back soon.
I am very careful about what I eat and get regular blood-works done.
Colesterol very low, liver good, kidneys good, blood-pressure 130/85
In that case I would keep things low and end at 12 weeks.

Hopping on when you haven't been consistent for a good while is not usually a good idea. The strength of your muscles will far outpace the strength of your white tissues.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is very interesting. Do you mean less shut-down of production? Or maybe less water-retention?

No matter which one you use your test production will shut down and ,In my uses NPP has always had less water retention for me then deca

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Deca and NPP are Nandrolone. Think of asking "Test U or Prop".

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I run NPP with my TRT year round at a low dose for joint help. Much less water retention than when bulking on deca for me.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I run NPP with my TRT year round at a low dose for joint help. Much less water retention than when bulking on deca for me.

I run Deca year round at a low dose with TRT. I may look into giving NPP a try because it is almost time to get some more.

My last blast of Deca at 400 mg per week with test at 400 mg per week raised my blood pressure slightly. Not bad, but just over the range I would like to be at. I only donated blood once after that cycle and my HCT and RBC were fine at my 6 month labs. The only odd thing was that my SHBG climbed again, which I figured Deca would lower it versus allowing it to go up by 20 points... I stopped adding my low dose Deca two weeks before my labs, but I'm only doing 60 mg per week. The SHBG rise was the only unexpected result this go round...

Reaction score

............................................................................................

......................................................................................................................

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

............................................................................................

......................................................................................................................

Iwanttodoitright: did it wrong on his first post.

Too funny.

Welcome to The Underground.

Make an introduction. And DO IT RIGHT this time!

New Threads