Deca or NPP?

Reaction score
Is deca and NPP going to have the same supressing effect on testo, or is the shorter ester less supressive?
And do they both work in the same way?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Is deca and NPP going to have the same supressing effect on testo, or is the shorter ester less supressive?
And do they both work in the same way?

You should assume they will both inhibit your HTPA significantly.

Taking one over the other isn’t a “safer” route.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Both will shut you down. I prefer deca over npp if nothing else the convenience of being on long esters.

Reaction score
The are both nandrolone differing only by ester. So HPG suppression will be the same for both.

Reaction score
Will it be an idea to use nandrolone in the first 1/2 of the cycle and change to Primobolan the last weeks to let the body recover more easy against the and of the cycle?

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
what type of testosterone ester are you going to be using ?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Will it be an idea to use nandrolone in the first 1/2 of the cycle and change to Primobolan the last weeks to let the body recover more easy against the and of the cycle?
It sounds like you have no idea how to build a cycle and know nothing about the characteristics of the compounds being discussed.

Why don't you lay out for us what you're trying to do here? Give us your cycle. Tell us how many you've run, and what your goals are.

Reaction score
I am on a very careful cycle. Just 200 mg test e and 150 mg nandrolone pr. week. I have been running 5 weeks now and get very good results.
What I want to do is make slow gains with minimal side-effects.

From what I take now I have no side-effects at all.

But from what I read Primobolan is a safer drug than nandrolone. I am mostly thinking about the shut-down of testo-production from nandrolone.

I have not run any cycles in many years and I am 50 years old.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
150mg of nandrolone tells me nothing. Is it deca or Npp?

How long are you planning on running this?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, so you're basically running a heavy TRT dose of test with a very minimal amount of nand, I put the minimum of nand at 300/wk.

So what gains have you noticed in the 5 weeks you've been on? Do you have low natural test production?

Reaction score
Correct. My natural testo feels low, but blood-samples show normal values. I have gained about 5-6 kilos and minimum 20% strength.
Even if I am trying not to get too big. I am 1,95 m and 110 kg. I could easily have gained more kilos. I am very surpriced how much effect I
have from these small doses.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At five weeks the only thing you've seen to date is water weight gain. Happens to most everyone.

The ride actually starts around 5-7 weeks.

Reaction score
That is good news! But is it normal that the water makes you stronger?
Do you think 12 weeks is too short?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not knowing that you're on provides you with some level of confidence and a placebo effect kicks in that makes you push yourself harder than you normally would.

Yes, water does make you stronger in my experience.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Length of cycle depends on many factors. I like deca for very long cycles but don't personally run them anymore.

With what you're running 12 weeks is fine.

Reaction score
Ok. I think you are correct. Should I increase the Npp to 300 mg pr week you think?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok. I think you are correct. Should I increase the Npp to 300 mg pr week you think?
I can't give you a solid answer on that as I don't know much about your training history, goals, current stats, age, etc.

Reaction score
Ok, I understand that. Thank you for helping. Do you think another steroid is better/safer for a person my age? I am thinking of things like Primo, Anavar etc?

I am 50 years