Do I need to stop my first cycle?

Riot

Reaction score
Morning guys and gals,

I am currently on week 11 of my first cycle of Test E 500mg. I was going for a 16 week cycle and then PCT following it.

Basically I'm loving it, getting good gains in the gym, feel really strong and having no side effects to date. Blood work has come back and all is good for me. I did have an issue bit turned out was a duff test but doc test showed normal across the board.

This post is to ask for advice, can I continue my cycle longer or is there a reason I should stop it at 16 weeks.
What is the safest quickest way to get ready to jump on another cycle?

Thanks.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Stick with the plan riot, no need to push it further

Morning guys and gals,

I am currently on week 11 of my first cycle of Test E 500mg. I was going for a 16 week cycle and then PCT following it.

Basically I'm loving it, getting good gains in the gym, feel really strong and having no side effects to date. Blood work has come back and all is good for me. I did have an issue bit turned out was a duff test but doc test showed normal across the board.

This post is to ask for advice, can I continue my cycle longer or is there a reason I should stop it at 16 weeks.
What is the safest quickest way to get ready to jump on another cycle?

Thanks.

Riot

Reaction score
I was thinking I'd get this reply. It's really just I'm feeling great and don't want it to end. Starting to get comments 'wow you've really filled out' type and I won't lie it's nice to hear. Plus my gym sessions and so much fun. Not looking forward to it all dropping off.

How long do you guys come off for? Would it be better to 'blast and cruise' now I know I want to do it again down the line, save having to run PCT. (don't get me wrong with me using these terms, it is all new to me I'm just trying to learn)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I was thinking I'd get this reply. It's really just I'm feeling great and don't want it to end. Starting to get comments 'wow you've really filled out' type and I won't lie it's nice to hear. Plus my gym sessions and so much fun. Not looking forward to it all dropping off.

You still have weeks 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 to go.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
That decision would mean trt for life, possibly no children although not impossible. Reducing your life expectancy, future health issues. The choice is yours too make. How old are you?

How long do you guys come off for? Would it be better to 'blast and cruise' now I know I want to do it again down the line, save having to run PCT. (don't get me wrong with me using these terms, it is all new to me I'm just trying to learn)

Riot

Reaction score
That decision would mean trt for life, possibly no children although not impossible. Reducing your life expectancy, future health issues. The choice is yours too make. How old are you?

I'm 36 and have the kids I want and am snipped down there to make sure I don't get any more. I don't think I'm ready to commit to trt for life though, did not realise it can lead to that actually. That's why people PCT then, get your natural production back working. If you blast and cruise do you kill that off then?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
PCT is no guarantee of a return to normal. It's just playing the best odds.

Longer cycles potentially make it harder to recover from, if at all.

Certain compounds are harder to recover from, if at all.

I'm assuming that you did have bloodwork done BEFORE so you'll know if/how well you've recovered after post PCT bloodwork is done???

Riot

Reaction score
Kind of, I only did test and estrogen before. Got full bloods during.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Kind of, I only did test and estrogen before. Got full bloods during.

Well, you'll be able to compare Test levels then.

Hang on to all bloodwork you ever get, keep notes for the future.

I lost access to a handful of blood tests when I left my trt clinic. I never saved/printed them out. I'm still annoyed by that.

Riot

Reaction score
Yes, before I got test and estrogen. After 4 weeks on I get more done and realised I should have done more prior. Live and learn

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

Thanks.

Do you have a Dr working with you while you are on cycle? If so, that's pretty helpful for getting bloodwork/feedback/monitoring.

Riot

Reaction score
I went to Dr as my private test said I had high prolactin, he did full bloods. He didn't say anything about my results apart from the prolactin was in safe range. I assume he knows but he's didn't mention anything.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You should have done some more research before you started this cycle but let me answer a few questions.

Stay your course as previously mentioned. You have some more good times coming.

TRT is for guys who have low T. Sometimes this is out of the man's control, sometimes this is brought on by AAS use. You may be fine after PCT with your test levels. Don't hope you need TRT. That's like a person hoping they are diabetic just so they can take insulin.

Now for the part I don't blame you for not knowing. When you cycle, it's just that; cycling. There's ups and downs and you have to understand that going in. At best, you can hope for a 2 steps forward, 1 step back result. For some, it's a 1 step forward and one step back. Depending on where you're at relative to your maximum potential, there's a chance that all you gained will be lost in the next 6 months after you stop your cycle. What the gear giveth, time will take away in it's absence.

Riot

Reaction score
You should have done some more research before you started this cycle but let me answer a few questions.

Stay your course as previously mentioned. You have some more good times coming.

TRT is for guys who have low T. Sometimes this is out of the man's control, sometimes this is brought on by AAS use. You may be fine after PCT with your test levels. Don't hope you need TRT. That's like a person hoping they are diabetic just so they can take insulin.

Now for the part I don't blame you for not knowing. When you cycle, it's just that; cycling. There's ups and downs and you have to understand that going in. At best, you can hope for a 2 steps forward, 1 step back result. For some, it's a 1 step forward and one step back. Depending on where you're at relative to your maximum potential, there's a chance that all you gained will be lost in the next 6 months after you stop your cycle. What the gear giveth, time will take away in it's absence.

Thanks for the advice. It is appreciated being new to this and its playing with my live it's good to get some advice from experienced guys.

I will run this it's planned course, 16 weeks then PCT. Check bloods after a while to check my test is back to where it was. I will also try to stop always wanting more :) I'm really happy with my progress and will just work hard to keep it.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Education is the key, before you start another cycle have all your ducks in a row and understand what your doing. Snake is the man listen to his advice he has probably forgotten more about this game than most of us know.

Dog-guy

Reaction score
Just to add to what Snake said, as fired up as you are about how you feel and the gains you've made, you'll emotionally move in the other direction as you lose some of your gains. It's very important during and after PCT to continue working hard with diet and the gym to keep as much gains as you can while your natural test levels come back(hopefully).
Stay grounded about what you're doing. The psychological addiction is real!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A 1st cycle, and anyone not on trt, who is wanting...

1. To make the best gains from not only their 1st cycle, but also cycles after..
2. Have a better chance of a more successful recovery...
3. Avoid unwanted sides from starting to develop...

should never go beyond 12 weeks!

I am very much against people pushing 1st time users to go these retarded uneccesary long cycles. You'll get all you need from 12 weeks. Anything beyond that is just a waste and will create a harder recovery, and gains will come to a halt. You should actually stop when you're feeling great at this point because thats how you want it to end. Go 12 weeks.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Who pushed him to do a longer cycle??

A 1st cycle, and anyone not on trt, who is wanting...

1. To make the best gains from not only their 1st cycle, but also cycles after..
2. Have a better chance of a more successful recovery...
3. Avoid unwanted sides from starting to develop...

should never go beyond 12 weeks!

I am very much against people pushing 1st time users to go these retarded uneccesary long cycles. You'll get all you need from 12 weeks. Anything beyond that is just a waste and will create a harder recovery, and gains will come to a halt. You should actually stop when you're feeling great at this point because thats how you want it to end. Go 12 weeks.

New Threads