Long

Long

Elite
Reaction score
It's been a while but I've been struggling with this bullshit. I got pneumonia thought the infection was gone. Lifted that laid me out. Rested up and tried again and that laid me out for about three days then I got extremely sick again. To the point I really couldn't even walk around.

They did a bunch of tests in between but long story short they gave me q z pack for what has been described to me as an extremely bad case of pneumonia and it knocked it back but didn't kill it off.

My doctor was finally back and said that isn't what should have been prescribed and gave me something different.

I'm about halfway through another round of antibiotics and I feel better than I have for about a month, not that that is saying much.

On a positive note my kidney function is all back to normal and my blood pressure is running near as makes no difference 120/80 with a resting pulse 60-70 beats per min.

Back at it tomorrow. I've got to ease into it. I'll probably do shoulders. I've got till the end of December till the MRI for my shoulder. I have no doubt it will be surgery after that.

Reactions: CJ

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Been wondering where the other Boxing fan on UGBB was. I had to curse Eddie Hearn for that 90 minute delay before the Canelo-Kovalev fight all by myself, then DAZN follows that one week later with a Main-fuking-Event between 2 YouTubers on a Boxing card. Wondered why you were silent about that.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Barbell shrugs 4x18

Behind the neck presses 12,12,8,8

Bench press 12,12,8,8

15 minutes on the speed bag.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
You've had a rough stretch lately. Glad to see you're back. Any idea what's wrong with the shoulder?

Long

Elite
Reaction score
You've had a rough stretch lately. Glad to see you're back. Any idea what's wrong with the shoulder?

Thanks man.
I'm guessing something involving the biceps tendon and a other spots around the cuff. Hurts to drop my shoulders and flex the right trap. Hurts to do pressing movements. Hurts, limited throwing ability. Limited punching range of motion. Hurts at the bursa at the top of both shoulders randomly. Hurts in the armpit. Hurts to do heavy curls down the right biceps. Hurts to do chin ups.

It's been messed up a while. Heavy bench press with less than ideal form pushed it far enough I'm ready to deal with it.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks man.
I'm guessing something involving the biceps tendon and a other spots around the cuff. Hurts to drop my shoulders and flex the right trap. Hurts to do pressing movements. Hurts, limited throwing ability. Limited punching range of motion. Hurts at the bursa at the top of both shoulders randomly. Hurts in the armpit. Hurts to do heavy curls down the right biceps. Hurts to do chin ups.

It's been messed up a while. Heavy bench press with less than ideal form pushed it far enough I'm ready to deal with it.

Damn that doesn't sound good bro. Best of luck onngetting thaat fixed quick, and a speedy recovery.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
220lbs this morning.

Deadlifts 8, 8, 6

Barbell rows 12, 12, 10
4 count negatives

Dumbbell rows 8,8,8
4 count negatives

Half hour jog
I'll do some double end bag work and some wrestling tomorrow.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Nice work brother. I have deads today too.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Nice work brother. I have deads today too.

I'm cutting them down to once a week. I love them, but recovery takes a bit when I go heavy and in the 8 rep range.

Saturday

Dropping the belt squats for some real squats for a while!
4 sets of 12 with 4 seconds in the negative and explosive positive.

Barbell calf raises
4 sets of 13,12,12,13
4 second negatives and faster positives with a pause on the contraction.

Lunch and then some quarterstaff practice.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
218lbs

Bench press

Dumbbell side raise 3x8

Dumbbell front raise 3x8

Bent rears 3x10

Shrugs barbell 15,15,10,12

20 min running sideline to sideline, walking cool down.

Gummy bears, bcaa, protein shake with whole milk.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
218lbs

Bench press

Dumbbell side raise 3x8

Dumbbell front raise 3x8

Bent rears 3x10

Shrugs barbell 15,15,10,12

20 min running sideline to sideline, walking cool down.

Gummy bears, bcaa, protein shake with whole milk.

Keep pushing brother. Also, GD gummy bears. Crave

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Did an hour jog today.

Definitely felt a bit stronger and had more longevity in my workout yesterday than I have in a while. Did a couple heavy pulls.

My goal at the moment is to just keep up with the cardio and get to the point where I am doing a basic big 5 style two day split twice a week.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
My doctor told me I need to drop weight for health reasons. So I'm getting a nutritionist. My lifting and exercise habits are totally fine, I just need to be less fat. So we shall see how this goes.

Back at it Monday.

New Threads