lacking parts and how u train then

andy

Elite
Reaction score
how u deal with your lacking body part ?

for me it's my upper chest(though I was thinking my legs where lacking at first, but since I changed the style of training from year ago they kept growing pretty darn good) and still looking out for some new way's to make extra stress on the muscle and make it grow.
Overall I have no issue with the size of chest I just don't have that crazy Arnold looking upper chest bump i guess.

How u deal with your lacking parts, do you train them twice/ week or change up the training styles?

Dog-guy

Reaction score
What did you do for your legs? My lower quads are hard growers. I have knee issues so deep squats are deadly for me.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
What did you do for your legs? My lower quads are hard growers. I have knee issues so deep squats are deadly for me.

lunges man, extra slow and with passion. Just like making love.lol
but yeah , they worked for me. I'm not lot of a squat guy myself because of my knee.
But i would lunge for about 40min straight with 20kg each arm till i puke, then some hack squats, leg press. extensions ,not too much because then my knee starts hurting again

andy

Elite
Reaction score
for the side part of my quads i would do hack squat with feet with shoulders and turned toes inwards about 34degree angle. squatting till 90degree angle down with time under tension method 3sec down 2sec hold 3 sec up and not stoping any phases, going like in one motion

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
for the side part of my quads i would do hack squat with feet with shoulders and turned toes inwards about 34degree angle. squatting till 90degree angle down with time under tension method 3sec down 2sec hold 3 sec up and not stoping any phases, going like in one motion

Andy I'm so glad you didn't go crazy and point them at a 33 degree angle, that would've been all bad :32 (18):
jk jk
Been religiously working on building my legs for some time now. Legs twice/week is doing the trick. 1 day is higher volume and also more quad dominant, the other heavy low volume hamstring dominant. BB squats both sessions.
Just recently gave in a few months back on finally trying to make these calves grow, i had given up on them. Work them eod if not ed, and low and behold... they're growing!

andy

Elite
Reaction score
Andy I'm so glad you didn't go crazy and point them at a 33 degree angle, that would've been all bad :32 (18):
jk jk
Been religiously working on building my legs for some time now. Legs twice/week is doing the trick. 1 day is higher volume and also more quad dominant, the other heavy low volume hamstring dominant. BB squats both sessions.
Just recently gave in a few months back on finally trying to make these calves grow, i had given up on them. Work them eod if not ed, and low and behold... they're growing!

mistype at it's best. lol

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
No new but calves are my problem child. 3 years ago I started working them 3x/wk. 2 years ago it was first thing through the gym door. Nothing makes you feel more like a pussy than doing calves on a Monday before chest. It's pitiful! Managed to put a measly 1/2" on my calves in over the 3 years and probably stalled out but they no longer look like I have a medical condition.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Cardio for calves is what my man seth says

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I'll add in extra work on my lagging parts after I hit whatever I'm doing that day. Tris were lagging so I'd do a heavy day and a volume day but extra sets following chest day and again after leg day etc...

New Threads