Burn 2x more fat

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think the other thing worth noting is all participants were obese. People who are obese tend to burn and store differently.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the other thing worth noting is all participants were obese. People who are obese tend to burn and store differently.

Hey Spongy, I think you know a little about nutrition; how much glycogen is stored in the liver and muscles in terms of calories that you need to burn through before you tap a single fat cell?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
1800 to 2000 is Google’s best guess

Thanks Mr. President but a good lawyer doesn't ask a question that he doesn't already know the answer too. lol It was a lead-in to how da fuuk can you tap into your fats until you burn off that 2k reserve? I'd have to be on a stationary bike for 4 hr until that happened.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Smart ass :32 (20):
Thanks Mr. President but a good lawyer doesn't ask a question that he doesn't already know the answer too. lol It was a lead-in to how da fuuk can you tap into your fats until you burn off that 2k reserve? I'd have to be on a stationary bike for 4 hr until that happened.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I lost a little weight in my days but I never had good results doing fasted cardio. I tried it. It sucked. I found simply cutting carbs throughout the day and cutting them out completely buy a certain time was my money spot. I started cutting them by 4pm, then 3pm and so on.. no matter what little things you do that help, simply eating healthy and cutting all the crap foods and soda is and will remain the key!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I lost a little weight in my days but I never had good results doing fasted cardio. I tried it. It sucked. I found simply cutting carbs throughout the day and cutting them out completely buy a certain time was my money spot. I started cutting them by 4pm, then 3pm and so on.. no matter what little things you do that help, simply eating healthy and cutting all the crap foods and soda is and will remain the key!

nowhere did you mention cutting out pop tarts, hmmm....

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

If you are doing keto, it works. The glycogen is already depleted before your workout. But it sucks. And the DOMS suck big donkey dick... Even when on blast. But the science is there (if you are in ketosis).

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
If you are doing keto, it works. The glycogen is already depleted before your workout. But it sucks. And the DOMS suck big donkey dick... Even when on blast. But the science is there (if you are in ketosis).

The only downside is Keto doesn't work for everyone. My doctor put me on it and promptly took me off after 3 months of being constantly monitored by him and following his protocol to the letter. By the end of it all, I had no energy, headaches all the time, was borderline mental with the mood swings, a tanked thyroid, cortisol through the roof, a strange lipid profile, and the hypoglycemia that I experienced as a child came back. But hey, I lost ten pounds... It totally WAS NOT worth it for what I went through.

The crazy thing is the die hard keto dieters tell me that I didn't give it a chance because I was just getting fat adapted at the 12 week mark. I tell them to eat a d!ck because I'm not putting myself through that ever again.

EDIT: The absolute worst part of it all was that I grew WEAKER in the gym, despite being on TRT and HCG during the process...

Last edited:

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score

I’m going to play devils advocate because I actually believe in this one. (Re my yohimbine posts).

Total stored glycogen doesn’t really matter because it’s muscle dependent. The question really is how much stored glycogen is in the muscle being used as the prime mover. For large muscles my answer has always been about 10-15 minutes of steady state use.

Think running before you start to slip into that long turn fat burning stage. For me it’s around the 15 minute mark. From that point on it’s that slow steady fat fueled feeling. The same would be true for Leg presses or back movements but we tend to limit our sets long before hitting that point.

If we dropped the weight to 40-50% of max and trained for endurance we could start to hit that phase faster and burn through the glycogen and hit fatty acids.

The reality is we don’t train for endurance on non-leg muscles. Rowing machines do a good job of this for legs and back.

I like yohimbine because it feels like it kicks me into that stage a lot faster. Just my 2 cents though!

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I can do fasted cardio, but I cannot do fasted lifting. I tried to get into fasted lifting but it was always teh suck. I gave up after 12 weeks. Maybe when the time changes, I'll get back into fasted cardio because I tend to wake up earlier when Daylight Savings Time ends.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I can do fasted cardio, but I cannot do fasted lifting. I tried to get into fasted lifting but it was always teh suck. I gave up after 12 weeks. Maybe when the time changes, I'll get back into fasted cardio because I tend to wake up earlier when Daylight Savings Time ends.

To clarify... I’m a fan of fasted “fat burning” usually with cardio. I think the concept still applies to weight training but I also believe it’s a waste of a good workout.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Think running before you start to slip into that long turn fat burning stage. For me it’s around the 15 minute mark. From that point on it’s that slow steady fat fueled feeling. The same would be true for Leg presses or back movements but we tend to limit our sets long before hitting that point.

Vid, you being out of shape has nothing to do with this thread. Stay on point!:32 (18):

New Threads