Back at it after a couple of surgeries

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I said hello in the new members forum. This brief backstory I feel is relevant here. 39 years old... first cycle at 27. 5'11, currently 203lbs., about 15% body fat. There was a time I was at 252lbs and 13% body fat.

Laproscopic hernia surgery in October of 2017. Lifted light and steady once I was cleared to. Then in December of 2018 had a core decompression procedure on my left hip. I started back lifting in April.

My first cycle in a few years will be simple.

500mg Test E every week for 10 weeks
400mg EQ every week for 14 weeks
Clomid and Nolvadex starting week 12

There was a time when I would do 800mg of test per week. I hope this simple cycle gets me back in the game. I am kinda scared of injuries though.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Once you have really been bit by the injury bug, you become a little gun shy. I am also on the return after a couple kicks in the teeth. The comeback will be spectacular brother. Listen to your body and train to the best of your abilities.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
On 10-21 when I started I was at 199.4 lbs. As of this morning I am at 209.8 lbs. My EQ fell through so I am doing test E only. I pinned 250mg on Monday,Wednesday and Friday last week. I know reviews on front loading are mixed but I don't really care. I just wanted to. This week starts the regular Tuesday and Friday schedule. My diet and workouts have been documented pretty well on my Journal.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Ever tried Deca??? for us older guys,it's a wonder (drug).....After a few injuries,I found myself trying to jump right back where I left off,,,boy that was a mistake...Listen to your body and train Smart....Goodluck !!

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Ever tried Deca??? for us older guys,it's a wonder (drug).....After a few injuries,I found myself trying to jump right back where I left off,,,boy that was a mistake...Listen to your body and train Smart....Goodluck !!

I ran Deca once back in 2007 or so.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Alright, guys. I am not plugging any source. What I am running came from a friend in my old home town in VA. BUT! two weeks in and I have gained 18 pounds with 500mg/wk TestE while maintaining only a 500 caloric surplus. Shout out to Gibs for the diet info. Body fat 18% I went from 199.4 to 217.8. LFG! Lifts are stronger, pumps are tight. It's been a long time for me to get back here. I ask that some of the older vets advise me on embracing the light weight and avoiding injuries at my age.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Alright, guys. I am not plugging any source. What I am running came from a friend in my old home town in VA. BUT! two weeks in and I have gained 18 pounds with 500mg/wk TestE while maintaining only a 500 caloric surplus. Shout out to Gibs for the diet info. Body fat 18% I went from 199.4 to 217.8. LFG! Lifts are stronger, pumps are tight. It's been a long time for me to get back here. I ask that some of the older vets advise me on embracing the light weight and avoiding injuries at my age.

Most of that weight is water retention.
Are you taking an AI?
If not, you should.

I also have found large amounts (1-2gallons/day) of water can reduce bloat significantly.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Your timing is way off. 14 weeks of eq but starting pct at 12 weeks? Eq is a super long ester. I'd run the test and eq both for 14 weeks, wait 3 weeks for the esters to clear and then start pct

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Your timing is way off. 14 weeks of eq but starting pct at 12 weeks? Eq is a super long ester. I'd run the test and eq both for 14 weeks, wait 3 weeks for the esters to clear and then start pct

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the EQ fell through.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
I’ve been training light for couple years now. Not because injuries. I just wanted to be the tightest fastest hardest mother. Just doing the work puts you miles ahead of the pack. Your a Boss for still fighting DEAD. Keep Banging !!!
felt great training light too, but now with the iron. I’m a Beast !!!

New Threads