Sick from the Flu shot

Reaction score
I’m eating my words today because I was talking shit to everyone saying you can’t get sick from the flu shot. Now today I’m sneezing and feeling a little lethargic. What are your takes on the flu shot is it worth it, does it help?

I feel like with my lifestyle being generally healthy and my diet being the same I’m a little better off then the average person in terms of immune health so maybe the flu shot isn’t as imperative for me comapared to someone who doesn’t take care of there bodily and health.

Reaction score
Got the flu shot once. Within a week I had the flu.

Haven’t seen the point of getting it since.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
From what I’ve heard, there’s many different strains of flu and the shot only protects you from one. I haven’t gotten the shot since I was in high school. And fortunately I’ve only gotten the flu once in the past 14 years...

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I always get one because in 2014 I caught the flu and it sucked. When I worked as an accountant for a group of hospitals, it was MANDATORY that we get the flu shot.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lots of nope in this thread i concur, havent had one since an uncle named sam i didnt know i was related to, made me take them for years.... Damn you uncle

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Had to have one for the last 12 years. Doesn't seem to affect me anymore. Especially the mist when they run out of the shots. Pointless.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
I got influenza once and it sucked ass, that year no flu shot for me. Worst experince ever, so I get one every year. I kid you not was sick for 4 weeks. Get a flu shot!

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Kinda off topic but always heard for us test users our ability to fight off viruses and the flu is lower than those not on exogenous test. Maybe get a flu shot while on higher doses of test can make it worse? Again just heard this haven’t found any evidence.

I always feel bad the day after a flu shot but nowhere near as bad as the flu and I’ve never gotten the flu since I’ve began getting flu shots.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve never gotten a flu shot. However, my kids do get them annually. Gets you thinking.... in Science I trust

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
I get the shot every year. I’m always in getting blood work so I just get the flu shot while in there. This is the first time I had a reaction. I ended up with full symptoms, but only lasts one day and then was completely gone and back to 100% just like that!

Merlin

Reaction score
I always get mine. Yes its a gamble if it will protect you and yes you may develop symptoms due to your body building immunity to that strand. It also helps the CDC track numbers when there is an out break etc.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
The flu shot is a crap shoot. There are many strains of the virus.

the drug companies try and predict which strain might be most active. And whalaa that’s what your getting and will only protect you from that specific strain of influenza.

You CAN still get the flu even with a flu shot. It’s the biggest money making hoax the government/big pharma ever put out.

don’t even get me started on the shit that you also get injected with while receiving the injection.

Avoid it and let your body build its own immune system. That’s the only real protection.

Solo

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I never get the shot.

I never will get the shot.

I never get the flu.

Doctors say, "it doesnt get you sick". I beg to differ. They're liars.

I mistakenly gave my son his shot when he was 2. He got sick. Never again.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Got the flu shot once. Within a week I had the flu.

Haven’t seen the point of getting it since.

That's very possible. You need about 2-3 weeks for the antibodies to build up. Just get it earlier in the season. Don't get it too early. Getting a flu shot in Aug. isn't smart because they have not refined the vaccine.

A flu shot is no guarantee you don't get the flu. You can still get a strain that they didn't put in the concoction. But if you do get it, it will be more like a cold then the flu.

Most people that say they had the flu have no idea. The Flu will put on the couch for 3 days and you will not move. You will feel like death for a good 5 days and it will show it's effect for 2 weeks.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I have to say, we do go round about this every year in Oct. don't we?:32 (18):

New Threads