Flex Wheeler leg amputation

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another of the greats begin the decline.

Drugs are bad mmmmkay kids.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
That is too bad. I got to sit and talk with him a bit last December. He is a great guy. Wish him all the best

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy shite...poor bastard.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Many years ago would see Flex at Golds Gym in Vegas working out, guy was a beast and more importantly a really nice guy....It appears if a bodybuilder gets a cold it must be the gear, doubt this medical emergency had anything to do with steroids.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Many years ago would see Flex at Golds Gym in Vegas working out, guy was a beast and more importantly a really nice guy....It appears if a bodybuilder gets a cold it must be the gear, doubt this medical emergency had anything to do with steroids.
To state they did or did not is speculation either way. Wish I could have met the guy, he has always seemed like a class act.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Do we actually know that drugs had something to do with it?

he just released his official statement saying that it was due to a life threatening circulatory issue, all other news outlets reporting on him are speculation.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I didn't know he had been battling a kidney issue for years either.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Well we all know AAS can cause kidney issues (or at least compound/aggravate existing issues), and we also know that AAS can cause cardiac issues. We also know eating a gigantic caloric surplus is not good for our health long term and shortens lifespans due to its chronic degradation of the body and systems... So I don't find it incredibly hard to believe that AAS/lifestyle were a factor in his declining health. I think it would be somewhat irrational for us to believe that this lifestyle (continual choice) doesn't have a cost.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I'm guessing many here use PrivateMD to do bloodwork. Not sure if it's universal or not, but in my neck of the woods they recommend me to a LabCorp for the actual bloodwork. I have ordered various tests over the years, but they usually include the CMP, ComprehensiveMetabolicPanel. The CMP will show blood values for a few kidney-related things AND report your eGFR, the estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate. THIS puts a number on your overall kidney health; I never used to know what it was and tended to skip over it cause I was always within range, but it is useful to keep track of for us kidney abusers.
See various reputable sites like https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov for their discussion of this or just google egfr and see where that takes you. Note there are 2 different normal ranges for Whites and Blacks, and know that your number will get lower (worse) as you age, no matter how well you treat yourself. The compounds we use and the doses we use can have a more immediate effect than the normal gradual aging decline does, and we can monitor where we were, where we are now, and guess where we might be with continued use.

New Threads