Rant paid good money for a meal plan. Should I be pissed with what I got?

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
Decided to clean up my diet and have some put together a bulking meal plan. I told the person I was maintaining @ 4-4200 calories (I know it's a lot) and what I get is a meal plan with macros as follows (Calories- 3482 Protein- 274g, 1096 Fat-82g, 738 Carbs-412g, 1648) which consisted mainly of chicken, rice, steak, and green beans. Now I told him the calories were way to low and I was getting hungry between meals so I added some oatmeal (100 Cal). Giving him the benefit of the doubt (maybe I was tracking wrong) I followed it for a week and consistently dropped weight 1lb total after bringing this up I was told to add 100 not calories of rice and give it time. Is there something I'm missing here I'm trying to bulk you drop my calories 500 below what I was maintaining at and I loose a pound in a week?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Trust your coach or fire him. The last thing any coach wants is their athletes going to other people asking their opinions because it completely breaks down any trust. If you have questions, talk to your coach. If you're not getting the results you want, get a new coach.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
Trust your coach or fire him. The last thing any coach wants is their athletes going to other people asking their opinions because it completely breaks down any trust. If you have questions, talk to your coach. If you're not getting the results you want, get a new coach.
He's an honest guy and I trust him on everything else but now I'm almost 3 weeks into a meal plan (4. Weeks of support with it) and I've been loosing weight my metabolism is just extremely high which he doesn't seem to get.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
edited; misread ur post
if you were maintaining at 4,000-4,200 cals why has he put you in a 500-700 calorie deficit when ur goal is to bulk?

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
He's an honest guy and I trust him on everything else but now I'm almost 3 weeks into a meal plan (4. Weeks of support with it) and I've been loosing weight my metabolism is just extremely high which he doesn't seem to get.

It's possible that he did quite believe your calorie numbers, and wanted to see for himself. He might've decided to start on the safe side, and work up. It takes a few weeks sometimes to get a clear picture of what's happening.

Talk to him though. You're the client, you hired him. Make sure that you're on the same page, so you can be confident in what he's doing. Like Spongy said, trust is VERY important, for both of you.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
He didn't believe my calorie numbers was hoping he was going to start out where I was. To make things worse I just started a cycle after a week of the diet so my weight is going to be going up with water retention I made it clear to him what I was doing he is Natty but knows his stuff and has had quite a few clients both Natty and enhanced with some impressive results. Had take out some Frustration or I was about to go off on him.

Reaction score
sometimes you have to figure out what works best for you by journaling your meals/macros. Trainers are over rated..hired 2 in the past, one gave no direction and one was an arrogant snob that just wanted to get paid..save your money and invest the time into yourself..we all struggle but you will fing your way man

New Threads