Muddafuggin' Spices!

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Recently I've been doing a great deal of bulk meal prep making basic items like whole grain rice, whole grain pasta, chicken breasts and 93/7 Ground Beef in advance, but keeping the cook pretty basic with just a little coconut oil (if needed) and salt/pepper.

Then I just change up the flavor using various spices which has been a winner-winner-chicken dinner so far. It's keeping the flavors different even though the food is the same shit I had one meal ago.

I'm wondering, what are your go-to spices you use often to add flavor but keep cals low?

Here's my current lineup:

4nKQi8I.jpg

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am down for any spice without salt in it

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
the usuals, creole, season all, garlic salt, pepper and Himalayan sea salt.
tried some stuff from flavor god, not bad.

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
Good old laurel leaf, Maggi spice mix 3 for chicken, paprika, turmeric (the powder and the raw root grated with black pepper), Bart Smokehouse Barbecue Moroccan style salt, oyster sauce, Cumin, fennel seeds, Coriander, Parsley, Basil (if only I wasn't so lazy to put the herbs in, they make such a difference, I must remind myself). For sweet things cinnamon is a MUST and sweeten with stevia, no insulin hikes.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Spike, Mrs dash. Oregano, garlic, onion, black pepper, basil, thyme, chilis of various types.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I like the Grill Mates stuff.

The Honey Hickory is good on chicken.
The Applewood is good on pork and chicken.
Brown Sugar Bourbon on steak.
Hamburger seasoning is good in the monster mash.
The Sweet and Smoky is good on liver.
The Smokehouse Maple is good on brussels sprouts and butternut squash. Also on pork.

Also like cajun spices on steak, lemon pepper on cod, and fresh rosemary leaves on salmon.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
youve got the antacid there for the really got stuff lol

black pepper is the best imo

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
i love montreal steak on all beef. I have a big ass assortment of different stuff the wife has collected along the years. I do use garlic boullion with white rice in the rice cooker. I also like coconut soy sauce on chicken and rice... use a lot of different stuff to keep it different.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Good old laurel leaf, Maggi spice mix 3 for chicken, paprika, turmeric (the powder and the raw root grated with black pepper), Bart Smokehouse Barbecue Moroccan style salt, oyster sauce, Cumin, fennel seeds, Coriander, Parsley, Basil (if only I wasn't so lazy to put the herbs in, they make such a difference, I must remind myself). For sweet things cinnamon is a MUST and sweeten with stevia, no insulin hikes.

There are a few interesting items in this list I’m going to have to check out. ��

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I make a spice mix for my chicken that's kept it pretty edible over the last.. I'd rather not say how long

4 units Italian seasoning
3 units kosher salt (supposed to be 4 but I'm cutting salt)
4 units garlic powder
4 units onion powder
2 units paprika
2 units black pepper

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
McCormick seasoning has some good rubs I use in different flavors.

As for putting anything on chicken, you can't shine a turd.

New Threads