Working with millennials

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Me too

Generation has nothing to do with how well of a worker they are.

I work with people from 18 to 60...

Some are shitty workers. Some are hard workers

I am curious....so do you find it hard to relate to those who aren’t?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Any tips?

Give everyone a chance regardless of which generation they came from.

I raised one millennial and working on 3 post-millennials. I can speak for how they are when I'm not around but I don't think they would fit any mold. An example is your earbuds. In the car there's a long standing rule, one earbud in. It lets them tune out Dad's rockin' 80's tunes but still here me say, "How was school today?"

Reaction score
Give everyone a chance regardless of which generation they came from.

This exactly. Try to find something in common. Something to talk about. Anything. People will open up when they feel a little more comfortable. Regardless of generation.

Work ethic however is a tough one. That just comes down to the family and the person. Has nothing to do with generation. Ive worked with lots of older and younger guys that are just worthless.

Then again I've worked with older guys that can run circles around the guys in there 20s.

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
Me too

Generation has nothing to do with how well of a worker they are.

I work with people from 18 to 60...

Some are shitty workers. Some are hard workers
Weird...you are suggesting that when someone was born does not dictate their work ethic? It is almost as if you are saying that the circumstances in which someone was raised, how they grew up and their own individual drive has more to do with their work ethic
I agree.
I know plenty of ****ers in their 40s and 50s who are lazy as hell and the OP here seems pretty narrow minded to have created this thread.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
“....for my birthday this year I’d like you to take the gift you were gonna buy a fukin 30 something and donate it. While I sit back and offer no information on what/where I’m going to do donate if I even get around to it”

BTW if you don’t like or share you obviously don’t love Irish crack babies and you now have 7 years of bad luck

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Millennials ruined many topless bars. Dancers with Blue hair, random tattoos, enough face jewelry to resemble a fishing lure and Xbox pear shaped bodies...Bitch please!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Millennials ruined many topless bars. Dancers with Blue hair, random tattoos, enough face jewelry to resemble a fishing lure and Xbox pear shaped bodies...Bitch please!

Yeah!!!

Wait, I like thick asses.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I’m 42 and I don’t give a flying feck about this generational weiner tucking contest. I think we can all agree that gibz does not look like the fecking Rock though.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score

Which generation would you prefer to see there?

Millennials aren't the only generation one could describe as "blue hairs" ;)

And on the topic of this thread; going into a working relationship and seeing your colleagues as inferior isn't going to do much for your ability to work with them regardless of which generation or demographic we're talking about.

Last edited:

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’d say you better figure out how to use each one to your advantage. They all have something to offer it’s up to you figure out how it can benefit you.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Which generation would you prefer to see there?

Millennials aren't the only generation one could describe as "blue hairs" ;)

And on the topic of this thread; going into a working relationship and seeing your colleagues as inferior isn't going to do much for your ability to work with them regardless of which generation or demographic we're talking about.

I see what you did there. LOL. Not the old ones.

Usually strippers are on the younger side. Lets face it these chicks dropped the ball when it was their time on stage. I know people that own strip bars and those are their words. They constantly complain that their customers are not going to spend the kind of money they have in the past to see that. Basically a lower standard of entertainer/eye candy.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I see what you did there. LOL. Not the old ones.

Usually strippers are on the younger side. Lets face it these chicks dropped the ball when it was their time on stage. I know people that own strip bars and those are their words. They constantly complain that their customers are not going to spend the kind of money they have in the past to see that. Basically a lower standard of entertainer/eye candy.

Seems like a silly question here but why are strip clubs hiring people that customers don't want to see?

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seems like a silly question here but why are strip clubs hiring people that customers don't want to see?

Short answer: they need dancers.

People are still coming in just not the kind of customers they used to see.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Nobody wants to see baby boomer boobies

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Great question? Need tips as well. I own small plumbing business and have gone through 15+ children this year, no exaggeration. Between the phones to the face and the overall lack of common since I don't see how any of them will survive. Just yesterday 2 hours to connect a P trap. I thought he was joking about figuring it out. Joke was on me.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Just yesterday 2 hours to connect a P trap. I thought he was joking about figuring it out. Joke was on me.

Why did you hire someone who doesn't know the job?