Accurate Calories For Weight Loss?

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am going to physical therapy right now to get my back and hips aligned correctly. So far it’s working great. But I’m not allowed to do any training while going. So I’d like to lose a little weight while I have some off time.

current weight: 240
height: 5’11
age 33

my short term goal is just to lose a little weight, nothing drastic.

so the maintenance calorie calculators are giving me about 2450 for maintenance with no activity. Does that sound accurate to everyone?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Sounds a little low to me. You didn't check the box that said reptile and winter did you? lol

Let's come at this a different way. Since you're not trying to get down to 8% BF, go KISS on this. Peel back some portions sizes, up your water intake to a painful level and cut back on the fats. Fat reduction is my go-to for weight loss out of the blocks.

You'll do fine Turbo and once back at 100%, you'll kill it!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The best any calculator can give you for a number is a reasonable starting point.

Monitor your progress, make the necessary adjustments.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
2450 sounds a little low. Start there and see if you lose anything.. Adjust accordingly..... You got this!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your stats would suggest more calories for a maintenance . If you're in fact counting and you enjoy counting, then you should be able lose a little weight with 2450. You can't even do a little stationary bike?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn turbo as long as i can remember you have been either hurt or injured

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds a little low to me. You didn't check the box that said reptile and winter did you? lol

Let's come at this a different way. Since you're not trying to get down to 8% BF, go KISS on this. Peel back some portions sizes, up your water intake to a painful level and cut back on the fats. Fat reduction is my go-to for weight loss out of the blocks.

You'll do fine Turbo and once back at 100%, you'll kill it!

I like this idea. That’s kind of what I was wanting to do instead of counting everything. I think if I cut out sweets (large % of my diet a lot of the time), i should lose some weight.

thanks for the input.

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The best any calculator can give you for a number is a reasonable starting point.

Monitor your progress, make the necessary adjustments.

2450 sounds a little low. Start there and see if you lose anything.. Adjust accordingly..... You got this!

Your stats would suggest more calories for a maintenance . If you're in fact counting and you enjoy counting, then you should be able lose a little weight with 2450. You can't even do a little stationary bike?

Thanks for the replies. Yea I think I’ll just monitor everything to start.

I’ll ask about the stationary bike.

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn turbo as long as i can remember you have been either hurt or injured

It’s the same area though haha. Turns out it isn’t an injury so much as just having weak muscles in the area.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I like this idea. That’s kind of what I was wanting to do instead of counting everything. I think if I cut out sweets (large % of my diet a lot of the time), i should lose some weight.

thanks for the input.

If you are drinking soda and eating crap then you can clean up some pounds just changing what you eat.
2400 and change isn't that unreasonable if you aren't doing much. Personally I think having a day or two at 2200, a day or two at 2600 and once every two weeks hit 2800 or so is more sustainable and keeps the metabolism from normalizing with your diet.

New Threads