Where do you guys get your bloodwork done?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
It been a while since I had blood work done outside of my GP. I have used PrivateMDLabs in the past but holy shiot there are alot more test available now. Where do you guys go and what test?

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I use PrivateMDLabs too. Their menu IS long, confusing, and somewhat redundant, but if I scroll through it and find a few likely candidates, I hit the "info" button by each to pick the best one for what I want. Then I compare the prices and count up to 15% on my fingers lol. They also have a phone# you can call for free advice to help you choose.
As to "what test," I've used different ones depending on whether I was interested in general health and/or hormones. Also occasionally used one of the ones that reported Test levels over 1500, but most of the time I don't expect to need that.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One more vote fer PrivateMDLabs and their "Women Hormones Testing" panel. Even their description on the website now acknowledge this test as applicable for both Men and Women. $70US and ye can usually find 15% off coupons pretty readily if ye create a login and let 'em email ye.

"Includes:Estradiol, serum;
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)

Note: If total testosterone results are expected to be >1500 it is best that the LC/MS-MS version of this panel be ordered. Reporting values that exceed 1500 will now be reported as >1500 for all regions, as this standard operating procedure will now be nationwide."

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
One more vote fer PrivateMDLabs and their "Women Hormones Testing" panel. Even their description on the website now acknowledge this test as applicable for both Men and Women. $70US and ye can usually find 15% off coupons pretty readily if ye create a login and let 'em email ye.

Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)

Note: If total testosterone results are expected to be >1500 it is best that the LC/MS-MS version of this panel be ordered. Reporting values that exceed 1500 will now be reported as >1500 for all regions, as this standard operating procedure will now be nationwide."

Perfect! Thanks!

Reaction score
They have private companies you can find online or your primary care doctor

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Doctors are great cause your insurance will pay for some of it, and the lab results may lead to useful advice and/or some script(s) you may need.

Doctors are bad if they don't order a test that answers one or more questions YOU have.
Doctors are bad if you don't want them knowing what you've been doing lately.
Doctors are bad if you don't want some of your bloodwork to become a matter of record available throughout the medical biz, including your insurance co.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

Can we sticky this? I wish I had a dime for every time we gave this info out. Sometimes I just dont have the time and a quick link to it would be great for everyone.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
There are a few states where privatemdlabs doesn't operate. In those cases, try https://www.personalabs.com/.

It's a little bit more money, but better than nothing. If you Google coupons for the site, there's always 10% off codes out there.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
There are a few states where privatemdlabs doesn't operate. In those cases, try https://www.personalabs.com/.

It's a little bit more money, but better than nothing. If you Google coupons for the site, there's always 10% off codes out there.

Whoa, if they work as smoothly as the site says ("we have doctors registered in 50 states"), that is useful information. I AM able to use privatemdlabs and will likely remain with them due to the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" theory, but I see ppl on the boards now and then who are in the few "forbidden" states where privatemdlabs is useless.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Whoa, if they work as smoothly as the site says ("we have doctors registered in 50 states"), that is useful information. I AM able to use privatemdlabs and will likely remain with them due to the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" theory, but I see ppl on the boards now and then who are in the few "forbidden" states where privatemdlabs is useless.

I'm in one of those states, and I use this company. Easy peezy, print out the work order, make your appt at a Quest lab, walk in and get bloods pulled. Results set to your personalabs acct for you to view/save/print.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Is it just me or did they radically change their pricing? The $73.99 Quest Diagnostics prices is in line, but the Labcorp price? Holy sh@t!

View attachment 9682

Reaction score
Well of course I search button bro! But there’s so many mixed reviews about the online tests not being accurate and I wanted your guys feedback. I appreciate all of it very much. I’ll read the most of them when I get off work and able to respond. Thanks guys.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Well of course I search button bro! But there’s so many mixed reviews about the online tests not being accurate and I wanted your guys feedback. I appreciate all of it very much. I’ll read the most of them when I get off work and able to respond. Thanks guys.

They're accurate is no different than if your doctor gave a referral for bloods. My doctor said it was "shady" lol and then was surprised when his referral for bloods nearly matched the ones I'd gotten on my own.

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone live in a state where online bloodwork isn't offered?
How do you get around this w/o going to your own doctor.
I'm trying to get my estro checked but live in jersey where it's restricted
Any options?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Any options?

I'm in maryland (it's restricted here as well) but still have an ID for virginia and just go down there to get it done. Gotta make sure I get everything in check before I see the endo for the annual check up.. he knows and doesn't have an issue with cycling as long as I can get my hormones back in check the next time he orders bloods or he claims he'd be required to adjust my trt dose. So that's why I get my own labs pulled.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Any options?

https://www.defymedicalstore.com/

set up a
consult' with dr saya....he knows what hes doing and if you want any lab not on his script just ask them to add it in they will.
once labs are in you will set up and pay for the consult where you go over the labs....

I handle my own stuff and dont purchase through them, i really just do the consult (every other one) so i can remain a patient and get my labwork, which is only a copay for me at labcorp

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Just signed up
I'll update once they get back to me...
Thanks Rhino

New Threads