Is it just me?

TheRealDeal

Reaction score
I've been wondering this for awhile but where does this fascination with taking so many damn supplements come from? I see it everywhere, the gym, GNC, online etc. I just couldn't help to overhear the 3 bromigos at GNC gawking over ghost new pre work and there fukking fruity cereal milk protein powder and how many supplements they take.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its funny u ask that question cuz everyone keeps talkin about pre workout in my gym , i guess theres been good supplements out there

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering this for awhile but where does this fascination with taking so many damn supplements come from? I see it everywhere, the gym, GNC, online etc. I just couldn't help to overhear the 3 bromigos at GNC gawking over ghost new pre work and there fukking fruity cereal milk protein powder and how many supplements they take.

It's the marketing, Mate. Young Lads looking to get swole are an easy target. They don't typically do research, they buy on word of mouth from other young lads and a picture of some jacked bodybuilder along with some pseudoscientific claims about "lean mass" are typically all it takes.

Hell, its no different from most other demographics. If ye have a personal insecurity, I've got a magic pill / product that'll fix it fer ye and a Facebook group that'll swear by it.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I used to be one of those kids who bought everything I saw in a Musclemag and Flex(yeah I'm old)until I looked up one day and saw the guy selling me supplements at GNC. If these supplement are the magic to getting buff(yeah I'm still old), then why is that scrawny fuk not getting bigger?

Simple answer, cause the shit don't work.

Eat food. If you can't get in enough meals, drink a shake. Save your money for a steak and a baked potato.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
yea the fb group for redcon1 is hilarious. i lasted a week and couldn't look at another post from some out of shape dude/chick sharing thier supreme nutrition/training knowledge along with thier "stack" that for sure costs them around $300/month.

People are a trip, and also if you've noticed there is a huuuge influx of delusional mofos running around thinking they're gods or some shit. I'm like, are they looking in a different mirror than i am???? If they are so "fit" wtf am I??? Crazy fukkin wierdos. K I'm done. lol.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
More is better, at least in the eyes of the marketing Dept.

I was on a forum years ago that had a suspiciously active supplement section. A subcategory of users who called themselves "speedfreaks" frequented that area. Their entire existence on the forum was to get as much of a "buzz" off the stim heavy pre-work outs as possible. They had lists of stacks that included several products.

Some of these guys didn't even go to the gym. Others felt that couldn't unless they felt jittery and flushed with niacin.

When DS Craze was under the gun for metabolizing into an amphetamine analog, these guys would buy up thousands of dollars worth of product just to keep themselves going. Imagine that, the product was getting pulled off shelf's for being both illegal and unsafe and these guys rushed out and bought as much as they can.

It's an addiction.

Last edited:

Long

Elite
Reaction score

People are lazy by nature. They want things now, and the easiest way. That is the nature of the beast. They are also gullible as ****, power hungry, and easily led.

That makes us as people easy targets to bullshit packaged up to make a dime. Look at the history of cigarettes as a great example.

I personally think you should get everything you can from food.

People admire and respect those who work hard, because so few actually do.

TheRealDeal

Reaction score
I'm glad to know I'm not alone on this, which I knew I wouldn't be on here. The only supplements I use are a multivitamin, protein powder and creatine powder and FOOD! It's crazy how these companies make such a killing off of people. Like what grown man goes on and on about fukking sour patch kids pre workout lmao.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I sold caffeine pills in plain tubs for £30 per 50 on facebook for a long time told everyone they where fat burners. Had women and men coming back over and over again and telling there friends how good they worked. Earnt a fortune

TheRealDeal

Reaction score
I sold caffeine pills in plain tubs for £30 per 50 on facebook for a long time told everyone they where fat burners. Had women and men coming back over and over again and telling there friends how good they worked. Earnt a fortune

Thanks for the business model Trump. I'm gonna try this on a FB group near me hahaha

Reaction score
I use to take loads of sups

had three gabrage bags filled with empty containers. I still kick myself in the ass over it.

Like wtf was i thinking.

Now now it’s just jab in the ass and move on

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score

Hahaha, hell yeah its all about money, these guys brew up a magical concoction that will blow you up, well thats what the pictures say and naive dudes know no better and buy this shit.

Hmmmmmmmmm, anyone want to go in on a pre workout we could make some $$$...I have some great ideas for weight loss as well!

TheRealDeal

Reaction score
Hahaha, hell yeah its all about money, these guys brew up a magical concoction that will blow you up, well thats what the pictures say and naive dudes know no better and buy this shit.

Hmmmmmmmmm, anyone want to go in on a pre workout we could make some $$$...I have some great ideas for weight loss as well!

Boogie I'm in dude. As long as we keep the flavors gay and fruity they will eat it up.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Helios Nutrition was going to release a supplement t line but I got so fed up with all the BS out there. I've never been a salesman and I sure as shit wasn't about to start preaching about BCAAs and the Anabolic Window just to get sales.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
or the pen?
lot of ass jabbin goin on in ducky1987's life.
2020 resolution; no getting lockjaw from sucking dick and stay out of jail, butthole is exit only ;)

Except when your in the car and you gotta prairie dog that shit.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
People are lazy by nature. They want things now, and the easiest way. That is the nature of the beast. They are also gullible as ****, power hungry, and easily led.

That makes us as people easy targets to bullshit packaged up to make a dime.

I complained about one of my coworkers in a post several months back. This dude is a year and a half older than I am, 48, and shops religiously at GNC. He's inconsistent with his diet and his workout, yet thinks that supplements will make up for his inconsistencies. Here's a hint, they do not!

He's obviously jealous of me and we got into it one day at lunch when he said "I don't get it, I do the same things as you and I don't see the results." I told him to get back to me when he's worked out 4 to 6 times per week for more than five years straight, then maybe he can say he does the same things as me. Man, did that ever tick him off! That actually motivated him to workout, but within six months, he was back to his old ways...

So yes, since people are lazy by nature, that is why they use the BS supplement market as a crutch. I, OTOH, prefer to stick to the supplements that work, lol.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I used to be one of those kids who bought everything I saw in a Musclemag and Flex(yeah I'm old)until I looked up one day and saw the guy selling me supplements at GNC. If these supplement are the magic to getting buff(yeah I'm still old), then why is that scrawny fuk not getting bigger?

Simple answer, cause the shit don't work.

Eat food. If you can't get in enough meals, drink a shake. Save your money for a steak and a baked potato.[/QUOTE

Same here BSP. I remember one specific supp. ad in muscle and fitness, mid 80's, some sort of muscle bar. The ad showed a flabby dude with a frown on his face stepping into a glass tube, standing in it munching on the magic bar, a little more to the right with a cloud of smoke a totally jacked guy standing there. What a fuking joke! I bought a case.

New Threads