Is it just me?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
for sure we all did in the beginning. still have people coming up to me all the time asking about how much protein powder do i use and shit lol.
the marketing has worked wonders to the point that these people truly believe that a container of whey is standard issue for thier day 1 gym starter pack.

TheRealDeal

Reaction score
for sure we all did in the beginning. still have people coming up to me all the time asking about how much protein powder do i use and shit lol.
the marketing has worked wonders to the point that these people truly believe that a container of whey is standard issue for thier day 1 gym starter pack.

Exactly man. I thought it was mass gainer? Make sure you get the cotton candy flavor though.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Since these supps aren't required to pass FDA scrutiny, I wonder how much shady shit gets passed off as a proprietary blend?

My only supps are a multi vitamin and some whey that I use exclusively to add flavor to oatmeal.

Last edited:

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Absolutely correct! It’s simple eat big, train big, sleep big. There is a reason they are called supplements, they’re only there to assist. Most of this stuff is garbage, keep it simple. I’m 49 and I can remember buying Joe Weider products in the 80’s. I was a broke kid wasting my money on his junk. P.S. he ended up getting sued for selling that crap. Anyone get any money here,lol!! Good thread R.D.!

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I fell for it in the 90s when Creatine hit the market. Granted, it was alleged that one of the brands I was taking was loaded with pro-hormones along with the Animal Pak vitamins. Sure I was in my 20s at the time, but they seemed to work better than anything else I had ever taken prior to then.

Don't even get me started on the Ephedra laced Ultimate Orange pre-workout. Holy hell did that ever work to wake my @ss up. The original formula would probably give me a stroke if I were to take it today. If you were worn out from a long day of work, that stuff would literally kick start your heart!

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
I fell for it in the 90s when Creatine hit the market. Granted, it was alleged that one of the brands I was taking was loaded with pro-hormones along with the Animal Pak vitamins. Sure I was in my 20s at the time, but they seemed to work better than anything else I had ever taken prior to then.

Don't even get me started on the Ephedra laced Ultimate Orange pre-workout. Holy hell did that ever work to wake my @ss up. The original formula would probably give me a stroke if I were to take it today. If you were worn out from a long day of work, that stuff would literally kick start your heart!
Well at least things like orange actually worked , lol! Some of the stuff they push may as we’ll be sawdust in a capsule, lol!!

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I use a preworkout, a multivitamin and omega 3 but that’s about it. I’ve dropped creatine and the other stuff. I workout early early so I use the preworkout on most days except leg day. I usually eat some carbs preworkout on leg day.

TheRealDeal

Reaction score
Protein powder, bcaa, multi-vitamin and some Creatine. That’s plenty and all seem to work well for me

That's all I've been using as well. I spend less than $70 a month on all that as well.

Reaction score
Caffeine and lots of water.
Protien, greens and healthy fats.
Don't feel like the vitamin supplements loaded with 1000% daily values are generally necessary either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I sold caffeine pills in plain tubs for £30 per 50 on facebook for a long time told everyone they where fat burners. Had women and men coming back over and over again and telling there friends how good they worked. Earnt a fortune

Think it's still viable and what are the barriers to scale?

chicago311

Reaction score
bigswolepump,, i couldn't agree better.
I used to be one of those kids who bought everything I saw in a Musclemag and Flex(yeah I'm old)until I looked up one day and saw the guy selling me supplements at GNC. If these supplement are the magic to getting buff(yeah I'm still old), then why is that scrawny fuk not getting bigger?

Simple answer, cause the shit don't work.

Eat food. If you can't get in enough meals, drink a shake. Save your money for a steak and a baked potato.

CLIHAU

Reaction score
You can't beat good ole fashioned Food and water!!

Reaction score
i was that way when i started, bought bcaa, creatin, pre-workout but all i felt was itchy, multivitamin, and weight gainer now that work.
i came in to the local gnc and said i want to be a bodybuilder i don't care about price.
spent 210 and most it never work still have some of it and its been nearly 2 years

TheRealDeal

Reaction score
i was that way when i started, bought bcaa, creatin, pre-workout but all i felt was itchy, multivitamin, and weight gainer now that work.
i came in to the local gnc and said i want to be a bodybuilder i don't care about price.
spent 210 and most it never work still have some of it and its been nearly 2 years

Sounds like you got, got...

New Threads