WTF is wrong with me? Cant seem to make any progress.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
Over that years I have struggled to progress and it just keeps getting harder. I have worked with a few coaches and they have all told me the same things your diets and your not eating enough, your not pushing yourself hard enough, the gear is fake, ect. But after working with them they were all baffled that I am just not progressing. Just trying to see if there is something I'm missing here.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Over that years I have struggled to progress and it just keeps getting harder. I have worked with a few coaches and they have all told me the same things your diets and your not eating enough, your not pushing yourself hard enough, the gear is fake, ect. But after working with them they were all baffled that I am just not progressing. Just trying to see if there is something I'm missing here.

What are your goals , what is your current routine, and do you keep a journal?

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Progressive overload. Keep adding weight to your lifts weekly. If everything else is correct, just need to push forward.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
You need to lay down everything training, diet, aas use. Height weight goals, with all that we should be able to point you in the right direction.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Also, ditch machines in lieu of heavy compound lifts. Overhead presses, skeeeewaaaats, deads, dumbbells. Have the mindset to move up weekly in your lifts... you will prevail.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
I'm 6' 196 lbs just trying to add strength and size. diet is anything to get to 4650 calories (try to keep macros 50/25/25) I was on a meal plan then we just went the route of just keep adding calories each week. Routine is push, pull, upper, hamstrings, quads. Currently 6 weeks into 500 test, 500 tren, and just threw 350 tren ace back in after being sick. I honestly haven't even seen much water retention, the gear is from a legit source and I had bloods done with the test so I know it's good. My progress the past year has just sucked and 2 of my coaches don't understand it.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
. Have the mindset to move up weekly in your lifts... you will prevail.

This. If you are working in the 8-12 rep range you should be going up a rep or 5% each week.

If not, there are only two variables. You’re either not stimulating growth or you are not recovering between workouts.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You're a hot mess buddy but I since I see some heart in your post, I'm going to take a shot at this. I don't know everything and I sure don't know you but here we go:

I'm 6' 196 lbs just trying to add strength and size. diet is anything to get to 4650 calories (try to keep macros 50/25/25) I was on a meal plan then we just went the route of just keep adding calories each week. Routine is push, pull, upper, hamstrings, quads.
That's a boatload of fuel to be taking in for a guy with your stats.This tells me one of 2 things if your numbers are correct; 1. You're either over weight now or about to become that way or 2. You are doing so much cardio to keep the weight off that it's destroying your ability to put forth a serious workout.

Currently 6 weeks into 500 test, 500 tren, and just threw 350 tren ace

You need to clarify this statement.

My progress the past year has just sucked and 2 of my coaches don't understand it.
You have 2 coaches? Fire their asses. I would bet dollars to donuts they are some kind of fitness coach that has never had an elite athlete needing to push through a sticking point.

You're going the wrong way on added more drugs. You won't hear this from your so-called coaches because adding in more PED's of any kind is the simple answer but does not fix the problem. When the juice gains are gone, the problem still remains. It's like having a headache and taking some aspirin.

In closing, without seeing everything in detail I can not give you all your answers but I can tell you one of them. You just met up with the law of diminishing returns and you're not happy about it. I hear guys bitch about their gains all the time. Try being at the top end of your game, natty for 20 years and dealing with adding 5-10 lbs on your DL and squat and maybe 5 more on your bench in a year or two.

If there's anything I do to be of more assistance, let me know.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
You're a hot mess buddy but I since I see some heart in your post, I'm going to take a shot at this. I don't know everything and I sure don't know you but here we go:

That's a boatload of fuel to be taking in for a guy with your stats.This tells me one of 2 things if your numbers are correct; 1. You're either over weight now or about to become that way or 2. You are doing so much cardio to keep the weight off that it's destroying your ability to put forth a serious workout.

im 6' 196 lbs and can see the outline of my abs so i would say im not overweight, and i dont do any cardio at the moment. was following a meal plan eating a prety clean 3700 calories and weighing everything out and was loosing weight

You need to clarify this statement.

meant to say i just added tren ace 350mg/wk i was planning to run it in the beginning but was pretty sick and it wasn't helping.

You have 2 coaches? Fire their asses. I would bet dollars to donuts they are some kind of fitness coach that has never had an elite athlete needing to push through a sticking point.

You're going the wrong way on added more drugs. You won't hear this from your so-called coaches because adding in more PED's of any kind is the simple answer but does not fix the problem. When the juice gains are gone, the problem still remains. It's like having a headache and taking some aspirin.

In closing, without seeing everything in detail I can not give you all your answers but I can tell you one of them. You just met up with the law of diminishing returns and you're not happy about it. I hear guys bitch about their gains all the time. Try being at the top end of your game, natty for 20 years and dealing with adding 5-10 lbs on your DL and squat and maybe 5 more on your bench in a year or two.
only one coach at a time. my current one knows his shit and has been referred to me by multiple people. hes not one to push drugs thats my own doing.

If there's anything I do to be of more assistance, let me know.
i have progressed lifts probably not as good as i should and can barley put on weight. both coaches said i should have/be making a lot more progress.

Last edited:

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I don’t have any advice to offer but I did want to say that you are in the right place to get help. Lots of knowledge here.

Maybe it’s not enough rest? Maybe your programming is off? Maybe your calories or macros are out of whack? Good luck and let us know what you change and a progress report. I’m curious to hear more about your situation.

New Threads