What is purpose of Synthol??

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
I guess ive never seen the appeal, the only legitimate reason Ive heard of it being use was for before show days in small amounts on specific areas like a depression in the muscle or something of that sort.

there are some Brazilians ive seen on YouTube, they just use it for all their "muscle looks" and then just look like a walking tumor.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Started with bodybuilders filling in flats spot on stage, some have actually squirted out and or leaked on stage.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Started with bodybuilders filling in flats spot on stage, some have actually squirted out and or leaked on stage.

lol i think thats what I was trying to say, articulating my thoughts into sentences doesnt happen too well.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, there's REAL synthol and then there's what that jackass and other balloon looking people take.

Real synthol as SFG said is supposed to fill out some minor flat spots right before a show. Adds volume. The other idea behind using it as a "cycle" is that it stretches the muscle internally allowing for more microfissues to form during training eventually leading to more growth. The same idea behind getting achieving a solid pump at the onset of training. There's really not much difference between synthol and the carrier oils you're used to pinning. It's the same MCT oil, just a significantly larger volume with synthol with some extra stuff mixed in.

Then there's the shit the balloons take. That stuff is similar but different, it's synthol or another MCT mixed with a significantly larger portion of alcohol. That stuff is home brew bullshit and the theory behind it is that the alcohol itself aggravates the muscles, swells it further than the synthol itself normally would and then heals with a larger volume. The problem is that this concoction is only building up tons of scar tissue as seen in the link which as we all know does nothing for strength or aesthetic. The muscle grows out of control because the whole thing is inflamed and essentially, injured.

Now, the question becomes "why would anyone do that to themselves". You'll notice a common theme with the majority of folks that do that to themselves; they usually come from impoverished areas of the world. I've read interviews with these individuals and they do it because it could be their ticket to fame and enough fortune to lift themselves out of poverty. They know it's dangerous, they know it could kill them but living in poverty will too. It's a choice they make to set themselves apart from every other individual barely scraping by.

People won't give a homeless man a dime but those same people will throw pocket change all day long at the "freaks" at the carnival.

Last edited:

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
That guy used petroleum jelly, not synthol. Getting your arms that stupidly big with proper synthol would cost a fortune

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I always thought it was to get symmetry in professional body builders?

Then we had Rich Piana who went to the limits with PMMA. I just can't see acrylic being injected into the muscles as a "good thing"...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive used synthol but only for me wee wee

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I always thought it was to get symmetry in professional body builders?

Then we had Rich Piana who went to the limits with PMMA. I just can't see acrylic being injected into the muscles as a "good thing"...

rumor was Piana had quite a few implants actually.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
To each his own, but if I didn’t build it I wouldn’t want it! Unless as j20 said, if it’s for your PP!!it would be fun to see a huge dude on this shit benching 50 Lbs. Though, lol!!

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Had a good purpose at one time I guess but like all things stupid humans have to get there nasty little fingers on it and abuse it making them look like blow up balloons.