Hopping on the flexibility train

Reaction score
Holy shit I didn’t realize how tight my body had become since I started powerlifting style pragmming about a year and a half ago. I’ve been following this stretching routine called smooth panther that Nsima Inyang posts on YouTube and I can barley even do some of the basic stuff I used to do no problem. I’m hoping that if I follow through I can gain some movement back and it will help with my training and also just make me feel better. Stretching can be easily neglected but I feel like it goes hand in hand with resistance training.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I am guilty of this as well. With 30 years of powerlifting under my belt, i can barely do routine tasks. I need to turn this around a bit. Good luck

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The best I ever felt during my PL career was when I decided to do yoga once a week.

Find a local hot instructor and go once a week. Just hide out in the back corner so you don't look like a perv.

Your body will thank you

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Holy shit I didn’t realize how tight my body had become since I started powerlifting style pragmming about a year and a half ago. I’ve been following this stretching routine called smooth panther that Nsima Inyang posts on YouTube and I can barley even do some of the basic stuff I used to do no problem. I’m hoping that if I follow through I can gain some movement back and it will help with my training and also just make me feel better. Stretching can be easily neglected but I feel like it goes hand in hand with resistance training.

More than one person with far more success and experience than I have weightlifting have told me repeatedly that stretching, especially the muscle groups being used, before during and after lifting is important.

I'm not saying I do, but I should.

Reaction score
The best I ever felt during my PL career was when I decided to do yoga once a week.

Find a local hot instructor and go once a week. Just hide out in the back corner so you don't look like a perv.

Your body will thank you

i really needs to go back to the hot yoga I used to do. Sauna and mobility session all in one.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
i really needs to go back to the hot yoga I used to do. Sauna and mobility session all in one.

Ever since that huge study reported the health benefits of sauna, I do it religiously. 5-6 days a week. My blood pressure dropped by ten points as a direct result.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
I am starting to see this as I progress, and the majority of you men are much bigger than I! I have always been good to stretch before working out but I also need to do more during and after. Get your stretch on Gents!!!!!!

Reaction score
Ever since that huge study reported the health benefits of sauna, I do it religiously. 5-6 days a week. My blood pressure dropped by ten points as a direct result.

thats awesome to actually see the proof with yourself. I’ve heard studies will say it can reduce all cause mortality by a pretty big amount

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
thats awesome to actually see the proof with yourself. I’ve heard studies will say it can reduce all cause mortality by a pretty big amount

Yeah. Heart disease and cancer especially. Might as well sweat every day

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Seventeen bars of soap in the bottom of the shower, cause, well, when you drop it you just stare at it for a couple minutes deciding if you really need it or not till you settle on the shampoo.... yeah no idea what you're talking about.

Move like a 20 year old in the gym, 95 years old the rest of the day... remind me again why I do this...

New Threads