New guy and looking forward to gain more knowledge

Reaction score
Hello UG. Want to introduce myself and get my feet wet on this type of learning/communicating on bodybuilding.

A little bit of who I am:

I’m 32 and have been training since I was 19 with a two year gap due to illness and career. I’m a testicular cancer stage 2 survivor (use that term lightly as odds of serious complications/ terminal cases are rare) which has made training interesting this last year. I’ll answer your first question now.....yes I’m totally Armstronging it up with one nut.

I did 4 years in the corps where I started my training and became addicted and fell in the love with the lifestyle. Attention from the ladies was a pretty big motivator at the time as well. Married now with kiddos so different but still feels good when the cute ones give a little extra attention.

Since my cancer and chemo and all that fun stuff I’ve changed my focus from career to bodybuilding. Been studying up on fitness/bodybuilding and looking to gain more knowledge to incorporate it more seriously. As long as I’ve been training I’ve come to realize I don’t really know shit.

The things I have learned and still have yet to learn I hope to be able to contribute and pay it forward when the time is right. Look forward to getting to know some of you guys that have been at it and dominated.

-Spyderdude

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Spyder, good to have you here, you can learn a lot from this place! Welcome to the UG

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Napoleon only had one nut too. Welcome to the group.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice intro. I think I'm gonna like you so stick around.

Reaction score
Thanks guys appreciate it.

Gibsonator,

6’ / 210lbs / 17-20%

Have only ever done InBody scans for BF% and haven’t done one in a couple months. My last one was 16% but recently went into a surplus. Basically no abs right now and feel like the fat kid with titties when sitting down. Note* my diet is something I take seriously and focus on gains vs. just bulking.

My goals right now are to get my confidence back in building the physique I always strived for. Since my surgery/illness my body hasn’t really been the same and has taken a beating. I physically just don’t respond to training the way I did before.

Ultimately, I’d like to hit 220lbs, master the fundamentals, and find my sustainable body type so I can keep doing this in my 40’s,50’s, and God willing my 60’s. Also if my wife passes before me so I can relive my glory days in the retirement home my kids throw me in.

-Spyderdude

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
We’ll spyder, always remember the best thing about retirement homes is s as ll the woman can take their teeth out and they all have gyms these days, so really not a bad gig!! Sounds like you have your head in the right place. So again, welcome to the show buddy!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Is there a Tommy on the board?

I need to see Spyder tell Tommy to go fukk himself

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Chemo and losing a testicle can both negatively affect your testosterone levels.

Your first step should be getting your hormone levels checked.

Welcome to The Underground

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG bro. I'm going to be such a whore in the retirement home. I'll still swing for the fences with the cute nurses too

Reaction score
Chemo and losing a testicle can both negatively affect your testosterone levels.

Your first step should be getting your hormone levels checked.

Welcome to The Underground

thanks Jin

I’ve had two panels done within the last 3 months and got two different readings. Could definitely use some of your guys input on ways to proceed and maximize the change.

Was honestly waiting to jump into this as Im obviously new to UG and was trying to just get my foot in the door before getting into gear, hrt, etc.

I’m also still trying to learn on what everything means from the panel as well as key things to watch for and how it applies to my body. Have learned some from when I was doin chemo and just reading but wasn’t really studying it then on how it applied to bodybuilding.

The basics were that my first reading fo T was at 266 ng/dL and my second (2 weeks later) was 406ng/dL. Both done in the morning around the same time with no significant changes surrounding them. These panels done had my CBC, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, Test, Hemoglobin, Iron, and a few others. The one good thing about getting cancer is getting blood work done has been pretty hassle free as crazy as that is.

Im on the path to getting on but the Doc has been a pain even though I’ve obviously had testicular trauma/issues (which you would think would be a valid reason to quickly approve)

will most likely end up going to a clinic if I’m not on by the end of the year. The advice from you guys proceeding from that will be priceless given my circumstances. Especially learning how to adjust as well and work in actual cycles.

kind of in a weird spot right now considering but am definitely open to any advice in the meantime.

-spyderdude

Reactions: Jin

New Threads