Diamond advice

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Thinking about getting my girl some diamond earrings been shopping around at the big name stores in the mall and my buddy referred me to a local jeweler, went in and the owner saw my USMC tattoo and said he’ll give a discount so that’s neat. He’s offering $500 for a set of diamond earrings totaling half a karat (quarter karat each). Not really knowledgeable on diamond. Don’t remember the grade but he showed me on the chart and it was in the middle out of 6. He stated any flaws cannot be seen with the naked eye (don’t remember the letter that he graded it at)

just wanted to get some input from any guys or gals on here regarding the price and size. They are kind of small but she’s never had diamond earrings and I doubt any girl will complain about diamonds.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I'm no diamond expert but black Friday bro. I got a 8k ring for 3500 from jc Penney. I doubt your girls gonna be like what karat are these?

Last edited:

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
You will never go wrong buying diamond for your lady. I would lay off till all the sales start on Friday.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I think it’s super sad that women want these idiotic things (my wife included). Perfect diamonds can be made for nearly nothing in a lab but they want “real” diamonds that cost as much as a car and because of how corrupt the diamond market is, they are nearly all conflict stones no matter what they tell you.

At 36, we look back on her ring as a completely ridiculous purchase but ten years ago she would not hear that. My advice, take her on a vacation for the money you wouldve wasted on some rocks that a six year old mined at gunpoint for a druglord.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I hear they make them with blue tooth so your partner can manipulate them from anywhere. Perfect for long distance relationship

Well then, let’s make it His & His & His buttplugs;)

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I think it’s super sad that women want these idiotic things (my wife included). Perfect diamonds can be made for nearly nothing in a lab but they want “real” diamonds that cost as much as a car and because of how corrupt the diamond market is, they are nearly all conflict stones no matter what they tell you.

At 36, we look back on her ring as a completely ridiculous purchase but ten years ago she would not hear that. My advice, take her on a vacation for the money you wouldve wasted on some rocks that a six year old mined at gunpoint for a druglord.

good advice, vacation would be better, memories are more valuable than anything. And I agree the diamond industry is a rip off.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Ya good advice on the Black Friday sales guys, just saw $600 earnings for $199 at Jared. I guess I didn’t expect diamonds to go on sale that much, just goes to show how much they mark them up wow. Rip off.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Go to the local pawn shops, they buy diamonds for pennies on the dollar. They are more than willing to give out a great deal compared to one of the chains who will sell at full price.....

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh boy! Do you want just a diamond or a quality diamond? Because there is a HUGE difference. If you’re after quality then you have a shit ton of homework to do. I’m not kidding.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
for the right price i will remove my butt plug and smuggle you one back from africa

New Threads